Author Topic: Danny Ainge: Teams have inquired about Jordan Mickey, Terry Rozier  (Read 6225 times)

Re: Danny Ainge: Teams have inquired about Jordan Mickey, Terry Rozier
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2016, 09:17:07 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
There is a chance several vet players could,be traded and guys like Sully walk.

Sure Rozier would be part of a trade for Butler .

Hunter could not come in a score cold .  Kid has like no court time to develope or find confidence in NBA SITUATION.   I thought he played good defense for a rookie and seemed to make the right passes and thinking most of the time.    The game will slow down for him eventually .  Young I'm not so sure about.

Sully too fat and KO too soft and poor old Amire is showing the miles.

We need young center types that can play .

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2016, 09:44:30 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
My big beef is with Sully. I don't care if he played better than olynyk. He is an insult to the uniform. Fat guys don't deserve time. I guess there's a valid debate on who's fault that is bug being that I do g think he has a future here I'd rather force mi Utes over to Kelly, RJ, Rozier. O think Sully equals treadmill team player. Just my opinion

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2016, 10:51:05 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
I'll day it a million times. Sully was known not to be part of the future as soon as he came in fat once again. He earned nothing. Coach played him to improve his own coaching record. Selfish.

I like when my team wins. As Herm Edwards famously said "you play to win the game!"

Developing players is a great concept, but in reality most of these guys that "should have been given more playing time" will end up being JAG's or nobody's. Brad Stevens is a great coach and we are very lucky to have him in Boston. Call me crazy but I enjoy watching actual wins over seeing kids get minutes spoon-fed to them so they can maybe, potentially "develop."

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2016, 11:09:52 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'll day it a million times. Sully was known not to be part of the future as soon as he came in fat once again. He earned nothing. Coach played him to improve his own coaching record. Selfish.

I like when my team wins. As Herm Edwards famously said "you play to win the game!"

Developing players is a great concept, but in reality most of these guys that "should have been given more playing time" will end up being JAG's or nobody's. Brad Stevens is a great coach and we are very lucky to have him in Boston. Call me crazy but I enjoy watching actual wins over seeing kids get minutes spoon-fed to them so they can maybe, potentially "develop."

I totally appreciate your opinion but I think Rozier for instance proved he should have been playing more and if we lose turner I think we have wasted smart taking reps at point guard. But I'm of the opinion that games are different than practice and I just am so disgusted by Sully. Whatever he is, he would be so much better. I'm maybe an extreme but if I coached I couldn't have that guy on my team if I could help it . Guys work so hard. Even guys that don't make the league. I don't expect people to agree. I do respect your opinion though!

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

I totally appreciate your opinion but I think Rozier for instance proved he should have been playing more and if we lose turner I think we have wasted smart taking reps at point guard. But I'm of the opinion that games are different than practice and I just am so disgusted by Sully. Whatever he is, he would be so much better. I'm maybe an extreme but if I coached I couldn't have that guy on my team if I could help it . Guys work so hard. Even guys that don't make the league. I don't expect people to agree. I do respect your opinion though!

Making personnel decisions because you don't like fat people isn't a great move. The guy happens to be a lazy, fat, slob but he was clearly one of, if not, our best rebounders. I'm not a Sully guy at all, but I can't fault Stevens for playing the guy who he knows can go out and get boards. In the end it's all about winning, not being skinny and winning.

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Exactly, TP.

If the young guys had deserved minutes, they would have gotten them.  People are viewing it as "Hey Brad hates these young guys and loves vets so he plays the vets instead" when they should be viewing it as "Wow, if Mickey can't get minutes over Zeller then maybe I've been thinking too highly of him"

Mickey, Rozier, and Hunter could all turn out to be serviceable, maybe even good, players.  But right now they're not, and setting a team philosophy of "You don't have to play hard/well to get minutes, you just have to be young" is a horrible way to develop players
I'm bitter.

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2016, 12:28:24 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yup.  They got to earn the minutes.  I'd love to see more of Mickey and Rozier, but right now they are the 'potential' word.  IMO if we can land Butler, I'd trade either of our kids plus the #3 pick and even the #16 pick to get it done.