Author Topic: Danny Ainge: Teams have inquired about Jordan Mickey, Terry Rozier  (Read 6226 times)

Re: Danny Ainge: Teams have inquired about Jordan Mickey, Terry Rozier
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 10:39:08 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Some day I will understand these persistent demands to play kids, even when the coach doesn't feel like they've earned any time.

Today is not that day.

Especially when the coach has seen them play thousands of minutes against NBA level competition in practice, and everyone else has seen them play a handful of junk minutes here and there.

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 10:41:32 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Old news I broke this last night in a post.

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think on some level the desire to play kids has to do with when vets are stinking it up. To CBS' credit they did ship David Lee out of town, but I would have liked to see more Jordan Mickey this year, and a little less T Zeller and Sully. 

Stuff like that. They could have maybe rested some vets a little more at times. There's just nothing wrong with looking at a cupcake on the schedule and saying "Hey Bradley. Take the night off. RJ and Terry got this."

As evident by losing to the Nets x2 and the lakers, there weren't really any cupcakes on the schedule for us.  We needed to actually show up and earn wins.
76ers?  Well the rookies can lose us games to the Lakers just as good as the vets

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 10:56:43 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I want to see these guys get an opportunity to play rotation minutes next year. If that means walking away from Sullinger and Turner, so be it. I expect both to see back up minutes next year.

I'd like to see Brad play the young guys more, but pretty soon it won't be up to him. If the C's draft and keep 3 players they will have 8 players in their first 3 years in the league on their active roster.

The young players are going to play because with the way the roster will be comprised, they will have to.

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I just wonder how many people in this thread are going to complain in three years when Rozier, Hunter and Mickey are getting minutes, and our 2018 draft picks are on the bench.

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 11:23:58 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
What f#$$%$ Teams Danny, all 29?

Im tired of the blanket statements by management. Make a move to improve.
he sdoesn't want to ruin trust with other organizations by giving them away
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 11:27:59 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
You have to think that Chicago was one for Rozier, since they liked him in the draft and are looking to find Rose's replacement after this year.

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 11:40:07 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Posturing.   Build up what you have.   The GM'ing 101.

Now if anyone is actually buying what you're selling?  That's a whole different story.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 11:43:34 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I think on some level the desire to play kids has to do with when vets are stinking it up. To CBS' credit they did ship David Lee out of town, but I would have liked to see more Jordan Mickey this year, and a little less T Zeller and Sully. 

Stuff like that. They could have maybe rested some vets a little more at times. There's just nothing wrong with looking at a cupcake on the schedule and saying "Hey Bradley. Take the night off. RJ and Terry got this."

As evident by losing to the Nets x2 and the lakers, there weren't really any cupcakes on the schedule for us.  We needed to actually show up and earn wins.
76ers?  Well the rookies can lose us games to the Lakers just as good as the vets

^^ this
it's a small risk to take and it means a lot for improving young players.

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 11:49:08 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

^^ this
it's a small risk to take and it means a lot for improving young players.

As long as you are comfortable with how our playoff seeding turned out.

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 12:04:21 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
this is the problem with trying to win games with vets in the nba and trying to develop through the draft at the same time.    maybe we need a coach that's willing to lose for awhile with young players so that they can develop.  james young, rozier, hunter, mickey aren't going to get better playing in practice and dleague.   we'll end up trading them and they'll get time and will blossom and people will be like where'd that come from. 

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 12:23:11 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
this is the problem with trying to win games with vets in the nba and trying to develop through the draft at the same time.    maybe we need a coach that's willing to lose for awhile with young players so that they can develop. james young, rozier, hunter, mickey aren't going to get better playing in practice and dleague.   we'll end up trading them and they'll get time and will blossom and people will be like where'd that come from.

rozier played 311 mins in the regular season and 99 in the series against Atlanta. this is not bad for a rookie.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/roziete01.html

The only player who can have legitimate complaints is Mickey.

RJ and James Young got their opportunities and were underwhelming - how long is a coach supposed to play shooters who cannot shoot?

I am not saying it is over for them, but it is reasonable for CBS to want to see tangible improvement before giving them more minutes.

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 12:44:01 PM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Rozier, Hunter and Young all got time. I completely believe they got the time they earned. Rozier got plenty of time imo. Hunter played in 5 playoff games, despite shooting 22%

It's possible to hurt a player's development by playing them too much too soon, watching them crash and burn and ruining their confidence. Should give Bradley the night off and start Young?

Mickey is another story but we had a glut of Power Forwards, it happens. He will see more time next year.

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 12:46:01 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'll day it a million times. Sully was known not to be part of the future as soon as he came in fat once again. He earned nothing. Coach played him to improve his own coaching record. Selfish.

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2016, 12:49:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Avery Bradley played 162 minutes in his rookie year.  He's turned out fine.