Author Topic: Danny Ainge: Teams have inquired about Jordan Mickey, Terry Rozier  (Read 6252 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4723174/danny-ainge-teams-have-inquired-about-jordan-mickey-terry-rozier

CBS give the young guys a chance.  We could of really used Mickey in the atl series (at least a few mins here and there)

Re: Danny Ainge: Teams have inquired about Jordan Mickey, Terry Rozier
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:26:36 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I guess , we shouldn't expect any of 2016 picks to get much mins next season  (if any)

=T

CBS talks about "earning" mins like the longer you been in the league, the more chances you will get under me. Even if you make a few mistakes (which we seen last season)

Well next season a good chunk of the roster could be 1st year rookies. Then what?

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 07:36:55 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Well Ainge has called them about stuff too but so far nothing has happened. Teams want something for nothing from the Celts.

If he can't get a guy that has screwed up like Okafor or he can't give 4 picks to trade up to the 9 spot then teams should consider just not calling. We have enough picks and assets.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 07:37:51 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Don't give them up. They are more valuable to keep than to trade.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 07:40:29 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Cvs is full of it. Earn minutes my Arse. He's about his own record. Sully didn't earn minutes. Rozier showed he should have played more. Such a load of bull.

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 07:57:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Cvs is full of it. Earn minutes my Arse. He's about his own record. Sully didn't earn minutes. Rozier showed he should have played more. Such a load of bull.

Exactly. This is not the army

What does playing Evan Turner who goes 2 for 11 and then 3 for 12 the next game show the young guys?

Not stating bc of a small slump to start a rookie, but take him out of the game or play the other players and see if they can provide a better impact

What can you do. Its his way. But rookies (super talented ) or not may not be able to get enough mins to give IT/crowder etc help.  Almost like trades /fas pickup need to happen. 

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 08:02:57 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Too bad they aren't inquiring about Young and RJ. I Would actually like to hold on to Mickey and Rozier to see if they are able to take the next step. All four would likely just be filler in a trade anyway.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:34:45 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 08:08:38 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Some day I will understand these persistent demands to play kids, even when the coach doesn't feel like they've earned any time.

Today is not that day.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 08:21:03 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think on some level the desire to play kids has to do with when vets are stinking it up. To CBS' credit they did ship David Lee out of town, but I would have liked to see more Jordan Mickey this year, and a little less T Zeller and Sully. 

Stuff like that. They could have maybe rested some vets a little more at times. There's just nothing wrong with looking at a cupcake on the schedule and saying "Hey Bradley. Take the night off. RJ and Terry got this."

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 08:25:37 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Rozier, maybe.

Hunter is terrible. Nothing but a spot-up shooter who can't guard a chair. Should never have been taken in the first round.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 08:43:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think on some level the desire to play kids has to do with when vets are stinking it up. To CBS' credit they did ship David Lee out of town, but I would have liked to see more Jordan Mickey this year, and a little less T Zeller and Sully. 

Stuff like that. They could have maybe rested some vets a little more at times. There's just nothing wrong with looking at a cupcake on the schedule and saying "Hey Bradley. Take the night off. RJ and Terry got this."

Unfortunately the season came down to the wire

But CBS could of played the rookies when other teams were exploiting our weakness (example no rim protection) during a game

Or needed 3 pt shots .  Hunter and young even when got a few mins this season, didn't really get touches to show what they can do.  Just go to the corner and stay there. Let Turner shoot us out of the game

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 08:45:52 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would like to keep Rozier I think he has a chance to be a player.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 09:03:23 AM »

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30

As evident by losing to the Nets x2 and the lakers, there weren't really any cupcakes on the schedule for us.  We needed to actually show up and earn wins. 

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 09:05:22 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Rozier, maybe.

Hunter is terrible. Nothing but a spot-up shooter who can't guard a chair. Should never have been taken in the first round.

Actually Hunter's defense was one of the pleasant surprises for a lot of us, especially early in the season. He will make or break in this league (like Young) depending on whether he can become a decent 3 point shooter.

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 10:34:13 AM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
What f#$$%$ Teams Danny, all 29?

Im tired of the blanket statements by management. Make a move to improve.