Poll

Who you got Okafor or Dragan

Okafor
35 (57.4%)
Dragan Bender
22 (36.1%)
Roses are red, violets are Blue, Okafor and Bender suck so Foo man Chew.
4 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Poll: Okafor or Bender  (Read 3230 times)

Poll: Okafor or Bender
« on: May 25, 2016, 12:41:25 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Only separated by about two years. Okafor more ready now. Bender allegedly has more two way Upside, and you get an extra year of cheap contract with Bender. Okafor is 280 pounds, Bender is 135 pounds, I joke, I kid.

Give me the old school big that can't guard my grandfather.

Re: Poll: Okafor or Bender
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:48:39 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I gotta go okafor. If he were in this draft I think he's a top three pick.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 12:58:03 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Danny is gonna try to trade the 3rd pick and sell Bender as the next Dirk. When that don't work because he's gonna want a kings ransom he's gonna be forced to pick Bender. You will probably get more from Okafor if u want a player on the court next year contributing. But if your looking for value down the road its Bender. Danny is not gonna be able to trade with Philly IMO I don't think they trade with Boston. Philly knows that Boston has to pick Bender @ #3 so they trade with the Suns at 4 to get their gaurd of choice.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 01:10:34 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Danny is gonna try to trade the 3rd pick and sell Bender as the next Dirk. When that don't work because he's gonna want a kings ransom he's gonna be forced to pick Bender. You will probably get more from Okafor if u want a player on the court next year contributing. But if your looking for value down the road its Bender. Danny is not gonna be able to trade with Philly IMO I don't think they trade with Boston. Philly knows that Boston has to pick Bender @ #3 so they trade with the Suns at 4 to get their gaurd of choice.

What do they trade to Phoenix? Phoenix does not need a center when they already have Len and Chandler.

Phoenix needs either a wing or versatile forward. If you ask me, they are probably going to happy with whoever is left between Bender and Brown. They won't want anything Philly has player-wise.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:18:08 AM by MJohnnyboy »

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 01:26:32 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

What do they trade to Phoenix? Phoenix does not need a center when they already have Len and Chandler.

Phoenix needs either a wing or versatile forward. If you ask me, they are probably going to happy with whoever is left between Bender and Brown. They won't want anything Philly has player-wise.
Phoenix needs a big specifically because right now they have Len and Chandler.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 01:31:46 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Phoenix needs a big specifically because right now they have Len and Chandler.

I think they'd rather address their need for a 3 or 4 than get another pure 5, but that's just me.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 01:34:08 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Okafor.
Kid is 19 years old isn't he? So he's hella young and can still be shaped by Coach Brad into a franchise big man.

A lot more risk involved with Bender. Could be an epic bust but could be what Colangelo always wanted Bargani to be in Toronto.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 03:19:21 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Okafor.
Kid is 19 years old isn't he? So he's hella young and can still be shaped by Coach Brad into a franchise big man.

A lot more risk involved with Bender. Could be an epic bust but could be what Colangelo always wanted Bargani to be in Toronto.

Okafor will never be a franchise big man, no matter which team or coach he plays for.  He doesn't have the talent to be that good.  He never even projected to have the talent to be that good.

He could potentially become an all-star in the right situation (fit is VERY important for Okafor due to his limited skill set) but when you say franchise player you're talking about guys like Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, Leborn James, Kevin Durant, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, etc.  Okafor will never come remotely close to being as good as those guys.

Towns on the other hand...he has that potential.  As does Simmons.  Maybe Ingram.   

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 03:22:08 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

If that is Danny's plan then he's not going to get far, because there ain't nobody buying that!

He might sell some 'lolz' though.

haha

Comparing Bender to Dirk is such an amusing comparison, since the two players are absolutely nothing alike outside of the fact that both are 7 foot, both are white, both were skinny, and both are European. 

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 03:36:15 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Bender is the best prospect at #3 but Okafor could have been #1 in this draft.

Let's not pretend we'll get Okafor for just the #3 pick though

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 03:37:30 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Okafor.

Okafor will never be a franchise big man, no matter which team or coach he plays for.  He doesn't have the talent to be that good.  He never even projected to have the talent to be that good.

He could potentially become an all-star in the right situation (fit is VERY important for Okafor due to his limited skill set) but when you say franchise player you're talking about guys like Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, Leborn James, Kevin Durant, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, etc.  Okafor will never come remotely close to being as good as those guys.

Towns on the other hand...he has that potential.  As does Simmons.  Maybe Ingram.

You can disagree on talent but he has been projected as a franchise big man since high school.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 05:02:47 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I love to see Okafor just pivoting, he is that skilled. Those huge hands make him look even more impressive.
But lets not fool ourselves thinking that he is not a flawed gem.
His defense leaves a lot to be desired. Mainly pnr defense and defensive rebounding.
He wasnt able to finish the season healthy, so there are some durability issues.
His last popularity boost happened after a very disturbing night out, to say the least.

Bender vs Okafor is like asking, 4 or 5.
We need both.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 07:17:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Okafor produced stats in the NCAA, Bender has never produced meaningful stats other than bench time.   That Duke team could probably beat the team in Israel that Bender played in.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 07:41:00 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Neither. Dunn or Hield please. Or a trade for a different established player.

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 07:48:13 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'm all about okafor then trading up if possible to grab Skal to develop into that guy that can shoot deep but also defend beside Jahil. That's knda my dream / somewhat possible scenario right now.