Author Topic: CBS' Sam Vecenie's Mock (w/ C's trades)  (Read 3948 times)

CBS' Sam Vecenie's Mock (w/ C's trades)
« on: May 24, 2016, 07:06:12 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Not sure I like the trades, but I'd figure I'd share.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/nba-mock-draft-2016-sixers-could-trade-jahlil-okafor-to-land-kris-dunn-at-no-3/

#3 pick & Trade #1
Kris Dunn, PG, Providence: TRADE: Jahlil Okafor for No. 3 -- Kris Dunn: Trades within the top-five are quite rare. However, this one just makes way too much sense for the Sixers. If Simmons is the pick, it's hard to see how it benefits the Sixers to keep Okafor around due to what seems to be a rather precarious fit. However, if Okafor was in this draft, he'd be the clear No. 3 overall prospect. So here's where a trade makes sense. The Sixers move Okafor to pick up the No. 3 pick to the Celtics. Philly selects a slightly worse prospect in Dunn, but get a better roster fit and get an extra year of control and an extra year on his rookie deal. In Okafor, the Celtics help out a center position that was clearly lacking this season, as Jared Sullinger started playoff games for the team. They also get a better prospect than anyone else available to them. The value here would seem to fit.

#16 pick
Skal Labissiere, PF, Kentucky: An upside pick here for the Celtics who try to reshape their frontcourt. Labissiere could really fit well next to Okafor due to his ability to hit jump shots from the perimeter next to the former Duke big man's post game. Labissiere would likely spend quite a bit of time in Maine in his rookie season, but the Celtics have a solid developmental system in place that could really help the Kentucky forward reach his full ceiling.

#18 pick and Trade #2
Timothe Luwawu, SG, France: TRADE -- Timothe Luwawu (No. 18 overall) from Detroit to Boston for the No. 23, 31 and 35 overall picks: The Celtics have eight picks in this draft coming into it, and need to offload some of them either into the future or into a higher pick. So here, they move up to pick up Luwawu, a really nice wing prospect from France who is playing in the Adriatic League for Mega Leks and has taken a good leap this year. This would represent solid value for the Celtics at No. 18, and good value on their picks given that he could eventually turn into an NBA starter.

So overall we end of trading away picks #'s 3, 23, 31, and 35 for Okafor and Luwawu.

Re: CBS' Sam Vecenie's Mock (w/ C's trades)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 07:27:03 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Ainge would really have to love Luwawu.

I recognize that consolidating picks to move up is something Ainge can afford to do (and should do), but that seems like a lot to give up to move up 5 slots.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 07:30:54 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Vecenie also has DEN trading #15 and #19 to UTA for the #12. Seems steep.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 07:32:40 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I would be very content walking out of the draft.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 07:33:06 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
And, this doozy: Ben McLemore straight up for PHI's #26 pick.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 07:47:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Ainge would really have to love Luwawu.

I recognize that consolidating picks to move up is something Ainge can afford to do (and should do), but that seems like a lot to give up to move up 5 slots.

Agreed. Especially how valuable the 2 early second rd picks are because of their non-guarantee.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 07:55:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Cancel the draft. Let's just roll with this.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 08:04:19 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Philly loves Sacramento's failed guard prospects! I do think Mcelmore could still be a decent player, though. Hell, I'd consider trading number 23 for him.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 08:05:49 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
The only thing I don't like is not getting Maker with one of the later picks. Skal kind of makes him less of a need, though, and I guess we could get him with one of the later second round picks.

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 08:08:44 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Like luwawu trade but would prefer to trade both 51 and 58 over 31
that way we dont give up an early 2nd rounder which is more valuable than late 1st rounder as contracts are not guaranteed. But it is understandable as we need to give pistons some incentive to make the trade.

hate labisserie pick 

I dont like okafor for dunn - i think dunn has more all-star potential despite being older and okafor is more of a safer choice. Okafor is kind of like al jefferson where he'd give us a solid 20 and 10 but isnt a franchise player.
I feel better either picking Dunn or rolling the dice on Dragan Bender depending on how well workouts go.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 08:15:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That would be an excellent draft if it worked out that way.  Might not improve the team too much right away, but potentially addresses many of the major holes on the team long term.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 08:26:13 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
If that were our draft, it would take me a long time to get over it. 

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 08:42:54 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not a bad mock, although I, too, would like Maker. Also, I would hope to keep either 31 or 35 and trade 45 instead (I think that's reasonable).

On a totally unrelated note, I notice a lot of people with avatars in this thread. A couple of months ago(?) it seems that a lot of avatars disappeared (including mine). I have tried uploading a different picture from my computer and also using an image from a url, but it's not working. What's the secret?

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 09:03:03 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
How is this even a mock.

This guy doesn't have Furkan Korkmaz going in the top 30. Last I saw FK is a consensus top 15 pick. I'd take FK over Labissiere at 16 any day.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 09:10:25 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Philly loves Sacramento's failed guard prospects! I do think Mcelmore could still be a decent player, though. Hell, I'd consider trading number 23 for him.

Cosign. James Young and RJ Hunter to match salaries.

But I'd be really surprised if SAC were willing to sell that low on him.