Author Topic: CBS Sports Latest Mock: Sixers Trade Okafor to Celts for 3rd Pick, take Dunn  (Read 18943 times)

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
That exact scenario has actually been my prediction since draft night... Dunn-Simmons-Embiid-Noel. Almost makes too much sense for them.

Now you have the arguments of whether or not you want DA to trade #3 for Okafor and this board seems pretty split. The way I see it you have to ask yourself two questions... would you take Okafor #3 if he was in this draft, and would he be available if the Sixers didn't need to get rid of one of their bigs?

Seeing that the answer is most likely yes (at least for me) on the first, and no on the second, then it's worth it. I'd love to see what Brad could do with Okafor, and if he truly has no future in this system then he'll be an asset in a future trade.

Also Skal at 16... would be very happy with this outcome.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
really good stuation for celts. a+

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
That exact scenario has actually been my prediction since draft night... Dunn-Simmons-Embiid-Noel. Almost makes too much sense for them.

Now you have the arguments of whether or not you want DA to trade #3 for Okafor and this board seems pretty split. The way I see it you have to ask yourself two questions... would you take Okafor #3 if he was in this draft, and would he be available if the Sixers didn't need to get rid of one of their bigs?

Seeing that the answer is most likely yes (at least for me) on the first, and no on the second, then it's worth it. I'd love to see what Brad could do with Okafor, and if he truly has no future in this system then he'll be an asset in a future trade.

Also Skal at 16... would be very happy with this outcome.

The answer to your Okafor questions is YES.  Everyone on this board would take that 20 yr old talent at #3 in a heartbeat.

The way I see it there are no legit arguments for not wanting Okafor at #3.  If he came out this year, he'd be up for consideration at #1.  With Simmons jacking around like he did this year,  Okafor could easily be mocked at 1 overall and taken there.

The kid is 20 and its a fair trade straight up with the 76ers.  Helps both team.

People on here are grading him like a finished product at 20 yrs old and in year 1 of his career.  Not sure how you grade him already.  Especially if you do your homework and look at the circumstances (Bad organization, Bad roster, just horrid everywhere).

A 20 yr old big man talent like this in this organization ?  With Ainge and Stevens running the ship ?

Yeah, you take that all day and run away like you stole something.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This is the best mock I have seen yet and Would be happy with the outcome

Danny still can choose a few quality sg/sf at the 45 and 51 spots believe or not. 

Someone like MCcaw, Blossomgame, Brogdon could drop.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Dream come true

Let's

Pray

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
It's not horrible. I know people want a big that can spread the floor for people to work, but having a guy near the paint that can finish is big too since players have to stay at home with them no matter what.

He's not a great defender, but he does average 1.2 blocks a game, and if he can get his rebounds closer to 10 and score 20, thats a good move for DA, and Stevens will get some good use out of him.

And with the strong locker room, the off court crap hopefully goes away.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Dream come true

Let's

Pray

The CBS guy might be a Celtics fan lol

but his picks/trades for us, make too much sense not to happen

Danny gladly takes all three 1st round picks.   Luwawu can stay in europe for another season

Skal can slowly develop, especially build his body. Okafor is ready to rock and roll

I just wish one more trade could be made to bring in Sabonis as well

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
It's not horrible. I know people want a big that can spread the floor for people to work, but having a guy near the paint that can finish is big too since players have to stay at home with them no matter what.

He's not a great defender, but he does average 1.2 blocks a game, and if he can get his rebounds closer to 10 and score 20, thats a good move for DA, and Stevens will get some good use out of him.

And with the strong locker room, the off court crap hopefully goes away.

Okafor  played well last season .  He is not a good fit for the 76ers

with 76ers likely grabbing Simmons,  you will potential have Embiid, Noel and Okafor fighting for mins. Which is bad.  Also the team has no legit pg

This way even with Embiid being a risk, Noel can still play the center spot and I'm sure they will draft Jones, Zubac, Zizic etc later in the draft to add depth at the 5

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Not a perfect fit, but he's absolutely the best talent at 3 available over the guys in the draft. If he was in this draft, it would be considered a three man draft, and there would be some consideration for him at 1 and 2. I've been super impressed with him ever since he was virtually unstoppable against us in the very first game of the season.

I also think he can extend his range some and become a plus defender. He's a lot more athletic than I originally thought he was, and I'd love to see how Brad would utilize him offensively and defensively in his system. He'd also finally be another consistent source of offense for us - a non-jump shooting source at that!

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I really hope Skal drop to us at #16.

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Anyone out there that can come in and outbid our beloved Celtics?

I fear that.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would not flip out if this happened.  Okafor has his warts though but he would be an upgrade for us down low and can score.  He shoots 50% and gets 7 boards a game, score 17.5 PPG and 1.2 BPG.   Good-bye Sully and good riddance.

Stats vs various teams

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/3135048/jahlil-okafor

Offline celticpride17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
what happens if the lakers draft bender? do we still trade for okafor ? Or do we keep ingram?

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Hmm, I'm a little torn on Okafor.

His raw numbers seem pretty good, but I don't know how his advanced stats stack up, especially in the rebounding, defense, and PPP departments. Can anyone help me out with that?

Also, isn't Okafor as much of a knucklehead as Cousins? Or am I off base?

And he's a Dukie, which is a major deduction in my book. But if he wore the Green, I'd cheer for him.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis