Author Topic: Kupchak has made us a favour  (Read 4353 times)

Kupchak has made us a favour
« on: May 24, 2016, 04:48:47 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
All this talk...  The 2 man's draft becoming a 3 man draft is something I did expect coming from ainge not kupchak... I have a feeling the Lakers just want to trade their pick because of Simmons character and Ingrams body...they could like Bender more but do not want to wait...  I just think that they do not know how to handle the pick..  And they talk without thinking... O do not mind.. If the price of the pick is going up

Re: Kupchak has made us a favour
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:50:29 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Someone noted, I think, that those comments were before the lottery. Seems like he was bracing the fanbase in case they fell from the top 2
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 04:52:59 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
Not sure if this is a smokescreen, but there are rumors the Lakers are very high on Kris Dunn. They like his size and are unsure of Russell and his immaturity.

That would make things very interesting.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 06:50:39 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Nahh I think LA is pretty set on Brandon Ingram.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 06:58:29 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not sure if this is a smokescreen, but there are rumors the Lakers are very high on Kris Dunn. They like his size and are unsure of Russell and his immaturity.

I would have no problem with them dealing Russell for Okafor and taking Dunn. I would even be glad to add a couple of 2nd round sweeteners to the deal as a 3rd team if I were Danny.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 07:14:56 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I say nothing is set for now. I would wish to draft either Simmons/Ingram, but anything can happen to the top two pick. The Lakers did surprise everyone with the Russel pick last year and they may surprise us again. Dunn/Brender can really impress the top two team leaving either Simmons/Ingram to be available to us.

It's gonna be VERY interesting now until draft night to see if any workout videos get released

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 07:22:27 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27

I say nothing is set for now. I would wish to draft either Simmons/Ingram, but anything can happen to the top two pick. The Lakers did surprise everyone with the Russel pick last year and they may surprise us again. Dunn/Brender can really impress the top two team leaving either Simmons/Ingram to be available to us.

It's gonna be VERY interesting now until draft night to see if any workout videos get released

If Lakers do fall in love with someone other than Ingram, I would be thrilled because I guarantee Boston would swipe up Ingram in a heartbeat. That would be a dream scenario.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 07:49:11 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Dream scenario is trade the pick for an established player.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I would have no problem with them dealing Russell for Okafor and taking Dunn. I would even be glad to add a couple of 2nd round sweeteners to the deal as a 3rd team if I were Danny.

That'd be interesting, especially since they have Clarkson they can lock up this summer. Would a Dunn/Clarkson backcourt workout?

That'd also leave us Ingram!

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 08:26:00 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

That'd be interesting, especially since they have Clarkson they can lock up this summer. Would a Dunn/Clarkson backcourt workout?

That'd also leave us Ingram!

I like this scenario!

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 09:00:18 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I could see them taking Bender.  I'm fine with Ingram though.  Hield I start questioning whether we should trade it. 

I think bender has the potential to be a franchise player.  It might take him a bit and he might not but the potential is there.  Ingram not so sure but should be a really good scorer.  Hield too but a step below.

I would take Bender that high so it's not out of the question someone else thinks the same way.  I don't think Simmons and Ingram are set in stone over him.

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 09:14:28 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
The Lakers would be idiots to let Brandon Ingram slide. Theres a 99.9% chance that will not happen. Even if they didn't want Ingram they would at least draft n trade him. There's to much value there.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 09:15:50 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
There's no way the Lakers draft Bender over Ingram. That would be the dumbest move a franchise could ever make. Even though I hate the Lakers and would love that to happen, its not happening.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:21:44 PM by PaulP34 »

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 09:31:38 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
NBA.com's mock draft has Philly taking Ingram #1. If that happens, would the Lakers ever let Simmons slide to #3? It's so hard to imagine LA letting either Simmons or Ingram get past them but I'd be real happy to see it.

I'd also love to see LA make a stupid win-now trade that blows up in their face because they don't have the infrastructure to support it right now.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 11:26:30 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

I wouldn't blame them to be honest. 

The Lakers' current top prospects are Russell and Randle, who are both horrendous defensive players.  Both also have some character question marks. 

Dunn is an incredibly talented player - he might be THE most well rounded player in the draft, and really has no significant flaws in his game.  Plus he is known for his great intangibles, and he might be the best defensive player in the lottery.

If Simmons is gone at #2, then do the Lakers want a guy like Ingram, who is known for being a bit quiet, soft and who might not have the 'swagger' to be an NBA star?  Dunn might well be a better player, and he's probably a better fit.

I think Dunn is closer in talent to Ingram than people acknowledge.  With his size, athleticism, intangibles and two-way skill set, it's pretty hard to imagine him busting out.  He might be the second closest to a 'surefire star' that there is in this draft after Simmons.