Author Topic: Laker Nation: Could Lakers Choose Bender Instead of Ingram?  (Read 6675 times)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The fact that they are even talking about this just makes me giddy.  Is Mitch trying to throw out this idea to get Danny to pay to move up?

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-could-select-dragan-bender-with-second-overall-draft-pick/2016/05/23/

Re: Laker Nation: Could Lakers Choose Bender Instead of Ingram?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:18:29 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
The fact that they are even talking about this just makes me giddy.  Is Mitch trying to throw out this idea to get Danny to pay to move up?

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-could-select-dragan-bender-with-second-overall-draft-pick/2016/05/23/

I wouldn't think so, it just means this draft is no longer a "two man draft" and that some prospects is starting to pick up steam. Either way, i personally don't think we have to pay a premium to move up anymore, or even try to move up. It just means at #3, our pick is just as solid as #1 and 2 if that is the case.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Love it.  Bender hype is real, and I'm sure Danny is smiling. 

We just may be back in the Boogie race if this thing grows enough.   

I wonder how a #3/AB based offer is sounding to Vlade these days?   

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 05:02:15 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Bender is the TRUTH!  My worst fear is Ingram falling to #3!!!  Please don't do us like that Lakers!!! PLEASE!!  ;) ;) ;)

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 05:02:38 PM »

Offline wry791

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
Why does everyone assume Ingram is a better prospect than Bender? I have a feeling NBA insiders have it closer than the general public

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 05:12:36 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Without question, the greatness of Dragan Bender is the direction the Lake Show should go.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 05:28:18 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Why does everyone assume Ingram is a better prospect than Bender? I have a feeling NBA insiders have it closer than the general public

You never know.  Shoot, Valentine could wind up being the best player of this draft for all we know.  It's a crap shoot.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 05:29:28 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Because most people like to base their opinions on someone theyve seen play before and are uncomfortable passing up more of a sure thing for someone whos hype is largely based on his height, wingspan, standing reach, and how fast he is.

Greg

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 05:34:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Pray

Hard

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 05:41:30 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Because most people like to base their opinions on someone theyve seen play before and are uncomfortable passing up more of a sure thing for someone whos hype is largely based on his height, wingspan, standing reach, and how fast he is.

This X 1000

And most people don't buy into unfounded hyperbole.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 06:01:55 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm just excited that the 2 man draft could be a 3-5 man draft. ;)

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 06:05:04 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

This X 1000

Hyperbole goes both ways.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 06:18:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

This X 1000

Hyperbole goes both ways.
"greatest draft mistake in the history of the Boston Celtics"
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 06:26:54 PM »

Offline wry791

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4

Sure, I can see most fans thinking like this (Ingram>Bender). But how do you know this is the case for NBA execs/scouts? Lakers clearly like Bender.

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 06:50:28 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I can't tell how you how happy it would make me if Ingram fell to 3 - no way would I trade it for Okafor at that point.

Yeah, I know, I am buying into the hype that Ingram is great and Bender sucks, but I don't care. All we ever wanted was a top 2 pick in this draft; since last Tuesday, we have been trying to convince ourselves that #3 is just as good. It isn't.