Author Topic: Rumor: Lebron isn't a lock to stay in Cleveland  (Read 3781 times)

Re: Rumor: Lebron isn't a lock to stay in Cleveland
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 08:07:09 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The rumor I heard on WEEI was if he wins a championship in Cleveland he may go back to the Heat. I would love this because it would once again show what a douchbag he is. :)

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 08:21:27 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
I am not sure this matters. How are we going to argue his legacy in 15 years? If he leaves and goes to another team and wins 4-5 more championships

He is not going to win 4-5 more championships no matter where he goes.

You don't know that. Especially if he forms his super team anything is possible. I agree it's not likely, but if that were to happen history won't remember where it happened, just that it did happen.

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 09:07:19 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2641891-lebron-james-latest-news-rumors-speculation-on-stars-future-with-cavaliers

I don't know how believable this is, because I've long held that James is ultimately stuck in Cleveland for the rest of his career now for his legacy's sake. Leaving them twice in free agency, especially without bringing them a championship, would ultimately wreck his image in Cleveland.

However, if his goal is to win as many championships as possible, then it would definitely make sense for him to have options open to join teams other than Cleveland. Fair or not, he'll never be considered better than MJ unless he has somewhere close to the number of championships as MJ did. So if that's his ultimate goal, i.e. to be known as the best ever, which I think we can all assume is true, then perhaps this report makes sense.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he tried to make a superteam of him, Wade, Anthony, and Paul somewhere next year, because he's already stated that he wanted to try that before his career is over.

What do you think? Could Lebron possibly change teams this summer (either after winning or not winning the title), and if so, where could he possibly go?

That is not a super team. Wade will be another year older and will break down, there won't be enough balls for Anthony to shoot on that team so his game will slip. Paul and James would be the best two of the bunch but Paul can't stay healthy either. Lebron has the best team he can be on right now. Hopefully he does something stupid and tries to make that team happen it will blow up in his face and tarnish is legacy for good.

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 09:08:57 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
The rumor I heard on WEEI was if he wins a championship in Cleveland he may go back to the Heat. I would love this because it would once again show what a douchbag he is. :)

He doesn't need to do anything else his douchbag is cemented for good.

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 09:32:33 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I am not sure this matters. How are we going to argue his legacy in 15 years? If he leaves and goes to another team and wins 4-5 more championships

You don't know that. Especially if he forms his super team anything is possible. I agree it's not likely, but if that were to happen history won't remember where it happened, just that it did happen.
Some folks think that when you turn 30, life is over.  While that is true for many of us, professional basketball players are taking much better care of themselves these days and can be quite productive to age 35 or even older (witness Dirk).  Even broken-down Wade carried the Heat in a few playoff games this year.

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 07:25:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Some folks think that when you turn 30, life is over.  While that is true for many of us, professional basketball players are taking much better care of themselves these days and can be quite productive to age 35 or even older (witness Dirk).  Even broken-down Wade carried the Heat in a few playoff games this year.
Exactly.  Cleveland has a great chance of winning this year, which would be one title.  James is still going to be the best or among the best players in the world for another couple of years (barring injury).  Currently, Love and Irving are both in their mid-20's so they should have 7-8 years of essentially prime ball.  If James ages more like Duncan (as opposed to Kobe) and transitions to a lesser role then I could certainly see him being in the title mix until his late 30's the last 5 years or so riding the backs of Love and Irving. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 07:47:23 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

He doesn't need to do anything else his douchbag is cemented for good.

Ha!
Truuuuuuuuuth!