Author Topic: Trade idea: Trade #3 (Dunn), #23 (Maker) for Okafor  (Read 5813 times)

Re: Trade idea: Trade #3 (Dunn), #23 (Maker) for Okafor
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 03:32:56 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
The 76ers really need a PG. And Dunn is considered the best in the draft. Has potential to be a good one. Just needs to iron out some wrinkles.

Rumor is the celts were close to grabbing Okafor at the trade deadline and I'm sure they can come close again on draft night (if not execute the trade)

Trade idea

To 76ers:  Amir, Hunter, 3rd pick (Dunn) 23rd pick (Maker)
To Celtics: Okafor, Landry

2nd trade

To Raptors: 16, 31, 51, Young
To Celtics:  9th pick , Nogueira

Celtics  draft

9th: Sabonis
35th: Guerschon Yabusele (draft and stash)
45th: Hart
58th: Ellis

Lineup after trade (Not considering FA addition)

C- Okafor
PF- KO
SF- Crowder
SG- AB
PG- IT

Bench

C-  Sabonis/Nogueira
PF- Landry/Mickey
SF- Jerebko/Ellis
SG- Smart/Hart
PG-  Rozier/Smart/Hart

Now this is just stupid. Why did't you include our right to swap picks with BKN and BKN 2018???

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 05:29:37 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I think I'd rather take a shot on Murry and Maker. Both seem to fit in Stevens style better than Okafor. Marker is a project, but seems to have a better attitude than Okafor, is mobile for a big, and has a nice looking out side shot.

Murry has looked nice, 20 ppg for a freshmen guard, and has decent size at 6'5". Seems to have  a better competitiveness than Young at the same age.

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 05:47:51 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
First, the Raptors would not agree to that deal. They have a shot at a potential All-Star - no need to exchange that for the chance to plug a couple of positional holes, of which they have few (PF is their only glaring weakness). I am sure they would rather add a guy like Marquese Chriss instead.

Second, why are we trying to move up to 9 to take a guy like Sabonis? There's a good chance he'll still be there at 16, and if not, the Celtics can take someone else who has just as good a chance at becoming a legitimate pro. Sabonis has hardly separated himself from other prospects expected to be in range of the Dallas 1st.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 06:43:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
First, the Raptors would not agree to that deal. They have a shot at a potential All-Star - no need to exchange that for the chance to plug a couple of positional holes, of which they have few (PF is their only glaring weakness). I am sure they would rather add a guy like Marquese Chriss instead.

Second, why are we trying to move up to 9 to take a guy like Sabonis? There's a good chance he'll still be there at 16, and if not, the Celtics can take someone else who has just as good a chance at becoming a legitimate pro. Sabonis has hardly separated himself from other prospects expected to be in range of the Dallas 1st.

Raptors will lose half their roster next season. They are not a marquee FA destination.   

I think they would bite and trade the 9th with us for multi picks

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 08:05:13 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Philly isn't being run by an incompetent management team anymore. They're not trading Okafor. 

Joel Embiid hasn't played basketball in two years.  Even when he was 19, when his body was the lightest and most resilient it will ever be, he couldn't make it through a 30 game college season playing 23 minutes a game without fracturing bones in his back and foot. Current reports are that he won't be ready for summer league THIS year. 

Okafor isn't going anywhere.

They would possibly trade him for the right package but that's not for the #16 pick.  That's a joke

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2016, 08:10:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

because Sabonis is this year's Triboy man crush.

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 12:17:11 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'd rather keep Dunn & Maker.

I think Dunn will be a better pro than Okafor. Maker a wild card.

I am not convinced by Okafor. I do not like offense-only players at the center position.

Dunn does not want to come here  and we are clogged at the pg spot

Dunn is 6'4" and >200 pounds with a 6'8" wingspan, he's athletic, he's strong, and he's got a solid outside shot too.  He can play the SG spot perfectly fine, and might actually prove to be an upgrade over Bradley by the time the season is over.

I really like Bradley and have been one of his biggest supporters here, but Dunn is bigger then Bradley, he's just as good a shooter, he could become just as good a defender, and he offers the added benefit of being an outstanding passer and ball handler.  He might well be good enough right now to compete with Bradley for that starting SG spot - no telling how good he could be a year or two from now.

Bradley's contract is modest enough that I really wouldn't have a problem with making him our sixth man if Dunn happens to prove a better overall player. 

A rotation of Thomas/Dunn/Smart/Bradley could well become the best backcourt in the entire NBA.

Same deal with Hield as well - those two guys are both extremely NBA ready, and either could challenge Bradley for the starting SG spot over the course of the season.

It also opens up options when it comes to possible trade deals - Bradley, Smart and Rozier are probably three of our more valuable trade assets right now.

As Danny says, when you're this high n the draft you almost always draft for talent rather than fit.  The fit is something you always figure out, which is why we pay Brad Stevens the big bucks.

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 01:03:24 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
So you are sending two bigs in exchange for Okafor? It still wouldn't solve Sixer's frontcourt logjam.

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 02:17:11 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'm all in on trading the pick for Okafor. I think you're right in thinking there needs to be a little more added from our side.

Perhaps adding Young or Hunter would entice them more often than the #23 pick given Colangelo wants to start moving up?

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2016, 02:24:03 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I am not convinced by Okafor. I do not like offense-only players at the center position.

Dunn is 6'4" and >200 pounds with a 6'8" wingspan, he's athletic, he's strong, and he's got a solid outside shot too.  He can play the SG spot perfectly fine, and might actually prove to be an upgrade over Bradley by the time the season is over.

I really like Bradley and have been one of his biggest supporters here, but Dunn is bigger then Bradley, he's just as good a shooter, he could become just as good a defender, and he offers the added benefit of being an outstanding passer and ball handler.  He might well be good enough right now to compete with Bradley for that starting SG spot - no telling how good he could be a year or two from now.

Bradley's contract is modest enough that I really wouldn't have a problem with making him our sixth man if Dunn happens to prove a better overall player. 

A rotation of Thomas/Dunn/Smart/Bradley could well become the best backcourt in the entire NBA.

Same deal with Hield as well - those two guys are both extremely NBA ready, and either could challenge Bradley for the starting SG spot over the course of the season.

It also opens up options when it comes to possible trade deals - Bradley, Smart and Rozier are probably three of our more valuable trade assets right now.

As Danny says, when you're this high n the draft you almost always draft for talent rather than fit.  The fit is something you always figure out, which is why we pay Brad Stevens the big bucks.

You have to also understand the other side of the coin

Dunn does not want to play as a SG.   He knows he is good enough, he doesn't have to "bend" , in order to get a taste of NBA ball

Rozier is "bending"  , Dunn does not want to and does not have to (hence doesn't seem like cares if he skipped by Celtics/Suns even if it costs him hundreds of thousands of dollar.  Or a chance to play in a proper system)

He has been playing the PG position for most of his life and as a #3 pick,  he believes he should be the starting pg for a team

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 02:26:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
So you are sending two bigs in exchange for Okafor? It still wouldn't solve Sixer's frontcourt logjam.

76ers don't have to keep Amir.  It's their option

btw the 76ers also have several picks.   They will prob draft 2 or 3 frontcourt players once the draft is done.  And unlike us, they will play whoever  (young, rebuilding team)

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 09:20:43 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I had a look on the 76ers forum on realgm. A lot were saying they would want #3, Bradley and another good 1st for Okafor.

If we meet somewhere in the middle it would look like either:

Okafor for #3 and Bradley

Okafor for #3 and Brooklyn 2018

Alternatively something I'd be interested in would be okafor and the Lakers 1st for #3, Brooklyn 2018 and Smart or Bradley but that's probably asking too much

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2016, 07:18:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I had a look on the 76ers forum on realgm. A lot were saying they would want #3, Bradley and another good 1st for Okafor.

If we meet somewhere in the middle it would look like either:

Okafor for #3 and Bradley

Okafor for #3 and Brooklyn 2018

Alternatively something I'd be interested in would be okafor and the Lakers 1st for #3, Brooklyn 2018 and Smart or Bradley but that's probably asking too much
I want okafor, embiid and a first for smart. Seriously we got to stop this new trend of saying what other fans want for their teams. Bradley an all defensive first team player that can get 15 a night is worth a late lottery pick on his own.

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2016, 08:26:47 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Q- Rumors have been floating around about Jahlil Okafor, and Boston.

Back around the trade deadline, it seemed like the Celtics had interest in the Sixers big man, but the Sixers backed out of any deal that may have been offered.  Now they know the Celtics are picking third overall, they might be more interested in revisiting those discussions.

So should the Sixers consider a deal that would move Okafor if Boston is in fact interested in revisiting those trade talks?

Chad Ford- “Absolutely, 100-percent, it would be done tomorrow if it were me,” Ford said. “I don’t know if Boston would do it, but for Philadelphia, 100-percent. “It would allow them to actually bring in another elite guard, Dunn or Jamal Murray, and suddenly you have a very bright future, I think that is an easy call for the Sixers if Boston would do it.”

“I think there is a very high likely-hood, that whether its move up in the draft or use them to grab a free agent in a sign-and-trade, or just to do a trade that you will not see the Nerlens Noel-Jahlil Okafor pairing at the start of next season.”

Read More: The Case For Taking Ben Simmons No. 1 Overall | http://973espn.com/the-case-for-taking-ben-simmons-no-1-overall/?trackback=tsmclip

Good to see Danny's got Chad Ford doing some bidding for us.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2016, 09:03:28 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

So, Dunn's two torn labrum's on his right shoulder do not worry you in the least?  I would say he is one more torn labrum in that right shoulder from being able to even play in the YMCA league!!!  That really worries me.  Same as it does for MKG with the Hornets!!!

Smitty77

P.S.  Stay away from this situation Danny!!!!!!!!!!