Author Topic: Trade idea: Trade #3 (Dunn), #23 (Maker) for Okafor  (Read 5822 times)

Trade idea: Trade #3 (Dunn), #23 (Maker) for Okafor
« on: May 22, 2016, 11:52:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The 76ers really need a PG. And Dunn is considered the best in the draft. Has potential to be a good one. Just needs to iron out some wrinkles.

Rumor is the celts were close to grabbing Okafor at the trade deadline and I'm sure they can come close again on draft night (if not execute the trade)

Trade idea

To 76ers:  Amir, Hunter, 3rd pick (Dunn) 23rd pick (Maker)
To Celtics: Okafor, Landry

2nd trade

To Raptors: 16, 31, 51, Young
To Celtics:  9th pick , Nogueira

Celtics  draft

9th: Sabonis
35th: Guerschon Yabusele (draft and stash)
45th: Hart
58th: Ellis

Lineup after trade (Not considering FA addition)

C- Okafor
PF- KO
SF- Crowder
SG- AB
PG- IT

Bench

C-  Sabonis/Nogueira
PF- Landry/Mickey
SF- Jerebko/Ellis
SG- Smart/Hart
PG-  Rozier/Smart/Hart

Re: Trade idea: Trade #3 (Dunn), #23 (Maker) for Okafor
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 12:01:06 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
All I'd give up for Okafor is the #3. If they don't like it let them go somewhere else. Bender may be a better pro. Murray looks great. I'm not overpaying.

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 12:04:20 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd rather keep Dunn & Maker.

I think Dunn will be a better pro than Okafor. Maker a wild card.

I am not convinced by Okafor. I do not like offense-only players at the center position.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 12:05:39 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Q- Rumors have been floating around about Jahlil Okafor, and Boston.

Back around the trade deadline, it seemed like the Celtics had interest in the Sixers big man, but the Sixers backed out of any deal that may have been offered.  Now they know the Celtics are picking third overall, they might be more interested in revisiting those discussions.

So should the Sixers consider a deal that would move Okafor if Boston is in fact interested in revisiting those trade talks?

Chad Ford- “Absolutely, 100-percent, it would be done tomorrow if it were me,” Ford said. “I don’t know if Boston would do it, but for Philadelphia, 100-percent. “It would allow them to actually bring in another elite guard, Dunn or Jamal Murray, and suddenly you have a very bright future, I think that is an easy call for the Sixers if Boston would do it.”

“I think there is a very high likely-hood, that whether its move up in the draft or use them to grab a free agent in a sign-and-trade, or just to do a trade that you will not see the Nerlens Noel-Jahlil Okafor pairing at the start of next season.”

Read More: The Case For Taking Ben Simmons No. 1 Overall | http://973espn.com/the-case-for-taking-ben-simmons-no-1-overall/?trackback=tsmclip

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 12:12:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I am not convinced by Okafor. I do not like offense-only players at the center position.

Dunn does not want to come here  and we are clogged at the pg spot

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 12:14:24 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

That is fine that he doesn't want to come here. That doesn't bother me.

It is not like Dunn is refusing to come here. He just said he doesn't want to come here. There is a big difference between the two. And fair enough. He is a young talented player who wants playing time. He would have much better opportunities for game time elsewhere.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 12:24:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

That is fine that he doesn't want to come here. That doesn't bother me.

It is not like Dunn is refusing to come here. He just said he doesn't want to come here. Big difference. And fair enough. He is a young talented player who wants playing time. He would have much better opportunities for game time elsewhere. Fair enough that he doesn't want to come here.

and we could really use a "game changing" calibre front court player. It can workout beautifully for both teams

Okafor is still a top level prospect. 

It would be nice that we have an option to feed it to the big guy repeatedly during tough stretches.  Once he scores a few in a row, and he attracts the double team,  then....

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 12:33:41 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If bender has more value take him... it is better to get 4 and 13 for 3.. than give 3 and 23 for okafor

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 01:10:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If bender has more value take him... it is better to get 4 and 13 for 3.. than give 3 and 23 for okafor

We really need practical help sooner than later.   Bender maybe a stud but not for another 2-3 years. By that time IT, AB maybe all gone.

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 01:13:43 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Not a bad idea. My fantasy is all our picks this year for the #1 pick. We take Ingram Philly takes Dunn. Philly does it because they need back court help along with the fact Simmons wants no part of Philly. ;)

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 01:21:30 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
This SI writer doesn't believe you need to give up the 3 for Okafor and in one of his 10 questions article says the 14 or 16 is enough. I for one do not want to trade the 3 for someone who has shown little maturity of the court. Bad character players do not equal championships and I do not want Okafor ever putting on Celtics green.

Qustion 2 in article below:

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/05/20/nba-draft-questions-sixers-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram-sleepers-angst-rankings

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 01:27:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This SI writer doesn't believe you need to give up the 3 for Okafor and in one of his 10 questions article says the 14 or 16 is enough. I for one do not want to trade the 3 for someone who has shown little maturity of the court. Bad character players do not equal championships and I do not want Okafor ever putting on Celtics green.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/05/20/nba-draft-questions-sixers-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram-sleepers-angst-rankings

if you offer the 16 for Okafor. The 76ers gm will hang up the phone, before you can finish with your proposal

there is no way on earth , the 76ers do that deal

Okafor as "bad" as some say he is, is like an angel compared to Cousins.    And he has a ncaa championship under his belt. 

It would be interesting if Danny could get both duke players that were key in the championship run  - Okafor and Winslow this offseason

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 02:04:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

if you offer the 16 for Okafor. The 76ers gm will hang up the phone, before you can finish with your proposal

there is no way on earth , the 76ers do that deal

Okafor as "bad" as some say he is, is like an angel compared to Cousins.    And he has a ncaa championship under his belt. 

It would be interesting if Danny could get both duke players that were key in the championship run  - Okafor and Winslow this offseason

As some have discussed, it would be great if we could do #3 for #4 and #13. Then trade Philly #13, #16, and whatever other picks they want of ours this year (plus Young, RJ, whatever) for Okafor. I agree that it is far-fetched and the SI writer likely has no idea what he is talking about, but if there is any chance to keep the #3 (or #4 in this case) and get Okafor without giving up any of our key pieces, then we really need to explore the possibility.

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 02:10:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If embiid was healthy, this trade would be a no brainner. But bc of his "fragile" health conditions, they may not  to risk it and trade Okafor

IF they like dunn that much, they may just bite the bullet and go ahead with the trade. 

I look for them to try to offer Noel for the 3rd instead, with Danny not likely interested

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 02:20:35 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Philly isn't being run by an incompetent management team anymore. They're not trading Okafor. 

Joel Embiid hasn't played basketball in two years.  Even when he was 19, when his body was the lightest and most resilient it will ever be, he couldn't make it through a 30 game college season playing 23 minutes a game without fracturing bones in his back and foot. Current reports are that he won't be ready for summer league THIS year. 

Okafor isn't going anywhere.