Author Topic: Trading out  (Read 1203 times)

Trading out
« on: May 20, 2016, 05:18:43 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
We have too many picks in this draft: it's a well documented problem, but a good one to have. One solution is to trade some of this year's picks for future picks. The following teams have no pick in this year's draft, in either round:

Cavs
Thunder
Blazers
Heat
Knicks
Wizards

And the following teams have only one pick:

Wolves (5)
Hornets (22)
Spurs (29)
Warriors (30)
Mavs (46)
Nets (55).

All of these teams could be looking to acquire a pick, especially the ones that are currently rebuilding; these teams can afford to devote playing time to a prospect who be below replacement level their rookie year. For example, we could offer the Wizards #23, #31 and #45 in exchange for their 2018 first round pick, top 5 protected. Or, we could trade them #45, #53 and #58 for their 2017 and 2018 second rounders.

Re: Trading out
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 05:27:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
TP, creative. We could also package a few picks to one of those teams for a player that we like. Like Dieng.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 09:53:09 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Make a run at Winslow again for sure, still not sure we'd have the necessary assets though.

If the Spurs are looking to shed Green as part of a run at Durant or Conley then I'd happily trade #23, #35 and another low 2nd for him. Obviously only viable as a salary shedding exercise for the Spurs.

Otherwise I don't see too many opportunities to make immediate moves in this draft. So if a big trade doesn't materialise I like your route.

That Washington trade is sneaky. I'd be sorely tempted to add a 15-30 protection on it in 2018 as well, similar to what Memphis did with their pick this year with Denver. Then you essentially cover off a good playoff year for them and then they run into the final year of Wall and Gortat as well as whatever happens with Beal. So it could end up being even juicier!

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 10:08:48 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
We have too many picks in this draft: it's a well documented problem, but a good one to have. One solution is to trade some of this year's picks for future picks. The following teams have no pick in this year's draft, in either round:

Cavs
Thunder
Blazers
Heat
Knicks
Wizards

Wolves (5)
Hornets (22)
Spurs (29)
Warriors (30)
Mavs (46)
Nets (55).

All of these teams could be looking to acquire a pick, especially the ones that are currently rebuilding; these teams can afford to devote playing time to a prospect who be below replacement level their rookie year. For example, we could offer the Wizards #23, #31 and #45 in exchange for their 2018 first round pick, top 5 protected. Or, we could trade them #45, #53 and #58 for their 2017 and 2018 second rounders.

I wonder if the following players (from your list of teams) would be dealt for the 16th and 23rd..
Dieng
Porter
Meyers Leonard
Danny Green
Parsons
MKG?
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 10:17:40 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Cavs
Thunder
Blazers
Heat
Knicks
Wizards

Wolves (5)
Hornets (22)
Spurs (29)
Warriors (30)
Mavs (46)
Nets (55).

I wonder if the following players (from your list of teams) would be dealt for the 16th and 23rd..
Dieng
Porter
Meyers Leonard
Danny Green
Parsons
MKG?

Leonard is a RFA and Parsons has a player option so I know for sure they can't be traded on draft night.