Author Topic: I'm calling it...our #3 draft pick for 2016. Buddy Hield. Boom.  (Read 47290 times)

Re: I'm calling it...our #3 draft pick for 2016. Buddy Hield. Boom.
« Reply #255 on: May 25, 2016, 10:45:30 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
he's proven to be an extremely hard worker who has added new things to his game and improved every year in college. He appears to be an extremely smart and unselfish teammate who did not let the incredible amount of attention he got in his college career go to his head and change the way he play, which bodes well for his NBA future.

He is a very aware and competitive defender in space

He added new elements to his game every year in college, played with great intensity night in and night out, and should see even more things open up for him in the NBA with better teammates around him and less defensive attention.

average athleticism raises plenty of question marks about how his game will translate.

The area of his game that will translate most seamlessly to the NBA, right off the bat, without any questions asked, is his perimeter shooting ability. He has flawless shooting mechanics, deep release, and an incredibly quick release, to go along with deadly accuracy .... Catch and shoot, off the dribble, coming off a screen, you name it, he can do it all from the perimeter. He knows how to create space, as he has multiple release points on his jumper and is as aggressive a scorer as you'll find, but still has impeccable shot-selection, often passing up good looks knowing he'll get better opportunities later in the shot-clock.

more than just a one-dimensional shooter, as he gets his points in variety of ways, be it running the floor in transition, posting up thanks to his excellent footwork, driving to the basket with his left or right hand, or moving off the ball intelligently and diving to the paint with terrific timing.

He was born to score, as its something he simply has an unbelievable knack for

He will go down as one of the best scorers in college basketball history, but his defensive and athletic shortcomings raise some question marks about his potential at the next level.

One of the most dangerous offensive threats the college game has seen in quite some time, he has mastered the art of putting the ball in the basket

There is absolutely no way to become the type of shooter he has developed into without putting countless hours of hard work based on pure repetition and understanding the physics of what effective 3-point shooting is based on.

He uses screens incredibly well (much like Reggie Miller or Rip Hamilton) and understands the right angles to take, the sharp cuts he needs to make and having the perfect timing to execute the plays run for him to perfection to free himself up. His specialty is coming off a screen on the baseline, catching the ball from behind the left part of the 3-point line, leaping in the air and turning towards the basket simultaneously while releasing and swishing his shot in one fluid motion. He is just an extremely intelligent player who understands the game and has figured out how to maximize his time within it.

Despite not being a poor athlete, he does not fit your typical mold of extremely quick and explosive shooting guards who are able to blow by their man at will and get up and dunk in the face of 7-footers with authority. His footspeed is just average, as is his leaping ability, and therefore there will be questions he will have to answer about his ability to translate his incredible scoring ability to the NBA where defenders are generally bigger, stronger, longer and quite a bit more athletic than the players he usually goes up against in the NCAA.

College basketball hasn稚 seen a player with his natural feel for the game in a very long time. Obviously he knows how to score the basketball, but his instincts make him much, much more than just that. Mentally, he is just a step ahead of everybody else on the floor.

The first thing that you notice about him is his ability to score. He understands how to create his own shot better than anybody we've seen at the college level in years. Not only does utilize contact and spacing better than any player in the country, he has also mastered the art of the contested jumpshot. If he is able to get a step going toward the basket, the defense might as well give up. He is going to get a shot off, and whether or not it goes in has little to do with a hand in his face.

His shot is a thing of beauty. He uses multiple release points, and is able to get it off in an almost limitless number of ways. When you realize the technical mastery behind his form, it makes a bit more sense when those freakishly difficult fadeaways start dropping. The rim is definitely his friend, as his touch seems to almost force the ball through the basket after an initial bounce.

Of course, he will still have an off shooting night from time to time. It is in those moments that one gains another level of appreciation for his game.

Despite a herky-jerky running style and an almost frail appearance at first glance, he will aggressively attack the basket when his shot stops falling. Whether it is slashing into the lane before defenses can react, posting up smaller defenders for midrange hook shots, relentlessly running the floor or simply scrapping for offensive rebounds, he always gets his 25.

He isn稚 a lock to be a star, but will be a very successful NBA player in the right system. There is little up in the air when it comes to his skill level and feel for the game, but there are questions about his physical abilities on the next level. Does he have the footspeed and overall athleticism to create his own shot in the NBA? To put up a fight on defense? Opinions on him probably vary greatly depending on which person is making the decisions, so his final draft position will probably be locked in only when the draft order is.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #256 on: May 25, 2016, 11:03:10 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
TP, Pho.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #257 on: May 25, 2016, 11:05:01 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I should be clear, in case it isn't.  Those quotes aren't about Buddy Hield.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #258 on: May 25, 2016, 11:18:39 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I wish I could take away the TP I just gave you.  Why be so stinking coy?!!

Do we have to guess?  OK . . . McDermott? . . . Redick?

Now, will you tell us?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #259 on: May 25, 2016, 11:34:23 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Now, will you tell us?

LOL.

You got 2/3.

Try to guess the third.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2016, 11:35:55 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Now, will you tell us?

LOL.

You got 2/3.

Try to guess the third.

Adam Morrison?

« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2016, 11:37:28 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Now, will you tell us?

LOL.

You got 2/3.

Try to guess the third.

Oh my God!!! Infuriating!!!

I don't know . . . Jodie Meeks?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2016, 11:39:51 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
Alright, Pho, it's time for answers.  The point of this exercise would be nice as well.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2016, 11:47:03 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Now, will you tell us?

LOL.

You got 2/3.

Try to guess the third.
Jimmer?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2016, 12:10:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Its Morrison
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2016, 12:34:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Now, will you tell us?

LOL.

You got 2/3.

Try to guess the third.

Adam Morrison?

You got it. TP
- Mark Twain

« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2016, 12:36:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Alright, Pho, it's time for answers.  The point of this exercise would be nice as well.

I just found the similarities in those scouting reports to the way people are advocating for Hield to be interesting.

I strongly suspect the opinions would be a bit different if his name were Brett McHield or Bogdan Heldovic and he looked a little different.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2016, 12:37:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Now, will you tell us?

LOL.

You got 2/3.

Try to guess the third.
Jimmer?

Man, I should have included some Jimmer quotes.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2016, 12:39:54 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Why argue as fans ? Who cares what these guys stats are. Let's just worry about what Danny is gonna do. I just hope the Celtics get to best case scenario. We can speculate all month but non of it matters let's just see what happens

« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2016, 12:45:17 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
edit
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:52:23 PM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers: