Author Topic: I'm calling it...our #3 draft pick for 2016. Buddy Hield. Boom.  (Read 47375 times)

Re: I'm calling it...our #3 draft pick for 2016. Buddy Hield. Boom.
« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2016, 12:26:32 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
There were concerns about Dwayne Wades defense skills but I didn't see that stopping him from being an NBA star. I think this thought that everyone drafted has to be able to play defense or they won't become an NBA star is ridiculous. Carmelo Anthony sucks at defense, James Harden sucks at defense and Kobe Bryant wasnt the best defender but yet they were NBA superstars cause they scored points.

They are overrated players because volume scoring is an overrated skill.

So your saying Kobe Bryant and his 5 championships were overrated ? 😂😂😂😂 yeah OK buddy nice try tho really 😂😂😂 👌👏👏👏👏

He wasn't the best player on any of those 5 championship teams.

Really ? Then tell me who was ?

Kobe was the superstar point scorer and without his offense they never won 5 championships. Yeah I agree, he was a ball hog. And yes, he needed players around him to win them championships. Kobe was the reason those other players came to LA. Kobe attracted FA. And if your gonna sit here n tell me otherwise I have no other reason to talk basketball with you. This is ridiculous.

Kobe won 3 rings with Shaq. Shaq signed with LA in free agency the year Kobe was drafted.

Kobe won 2 more rings with Gasol & pre-injury Bynum. Kupchak traded for Gasol and drafted Bynum.

Kobe didn't attract any marquee free agents aside from role players. Players didn't like being his teammate since he was inefficient, high usage and a volume shooter.

I remember Lakers signing Horry, Derek Fisher, Malone and Gary Payton 😂 keep trying with you bull crap 👍

1. Lakers drafted Fisher
2. Common theme with Horry, Malone & Payton is Shaq was there.

World Peace n Steve Nash. You can try all u want man Kobe was the man. He won the rings n that brought in the stars. Hey, I hate the Lakers but my point is, you need offense to win. You need offensive playmakers to attract FA. Plain n simple

« Reply #241 on: May 25, 2016, 12:27:43 AM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
There were concerns about Dwayne Wades defense skills but I didn't see that stopping him from being an NBA star. I think this thought that everyone drafted has to be able to play defense or they won't become an NBA star is ridiculous. Carmelo Anthony sucks at defense, James Harden sucks at defense and Kobe Bryant wasnt the best defender but yet they were NBA superstars cause they scored points.

So your saying Kobe Bryant and his 5 championships were overrated ? 😂😂😂😂 yeah OK buddy nice try tho really 😂😂😂 👌👏👏👏👏

Kobe was the superstar point scorer and without his offense they never won 5 championships. Yeah I agree, he was a ball hog. And yes, he needed players around him to win them championships. Kobe was the reason those other players came to LA. Kobe attracted FA. And if your gonna sit here n tell me otherwise I have no other reason to talk basketball with you. This is ridiculous.

Kobe won 3 rings with Shaq. Shaq signed with LA in free agency the year Kobe was drafted.

Kobe won 2 more rings with Gasol & pre-injury Bynum. Kupchak traded for Gasol and drafted Bynum.

Kobe didn't attract any marquee free agents aside from role players. Players didn't like being his teammate since he was inefficient, high usage and a volume shooter.

I remember Lakers signing Horry, Derek Fisher, Malone and Gary Payton 😂 keep trying with you bull crap 👍

1. Lakers drafted Fisher
2. Common theme with Horry, Malone & Payton is Shaq was there.

World Peace n Steve Nash. You can try all u want man Kobe was the man. He won the rings n that brought in the stars. Hey, I hate the Lakers but my point is, you need offense to win. You need offensive playmakers to attract FA. Plain n simple

Chinese league Metta World Peace and 40 year old Nash are marquee free agents?

« Reply #242 on: May 25, 2016, 12:30:49 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
And if you don't think so, then why no one wanna play for the Celtics ? We got defense. Maybe we should go get Carmelo that just might attract other players.

KG would of never came to Boston if Ray never came over. What's that tell u ? You need offense. And just so u know, I was just using Kobe as an example.

« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2016, 12:31:08 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

The best player was whoever advanced metrics all agree was the best player.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2016, 12:34:11 AM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
And if you don't think so, then why no one wanna play for the Celtics ? We got defense. Maybe we should go get Carmelo that just might attract other players.

KG would of never came to Boston if Ray never came over. What's that tell u ? You need offense. And just so u know, I was just using Kobe as an example.

You do realize Ainge traded for both players. They didn't come over in free agency.

I agree that Celtics need more offense but players like signing to teams that have a good team concept and are winning. Most superstars stay with the team that drfats them because of the financial benefits.

Only superstar that left in recent memory was LeBron and Bosh to form the Heat superteam.

« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2016, 12:39:08 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown

You do realize Ainge traded for both players. They didn't come over in free agency.

I agree that Celtics need more offense but players like signing to teams that have a good team concept and are winning. Most superstars stay with the team that drfats them because of the financial benefits.

Only superstar that left in recent memory was LeBron and Bosh to form the Heat superteam.

So there was no reason to argue my point. All I was saying to begin with. We need offensive players to combine with out defensive players. Is Paul George great at defense ? Its great to find a player with defensive skill but we need offense. All we got is defense except IT. So its not so bad that a player in the draft has offense and not so much defense cause that can be worked on. Most importantly we need big time scorers. And that was my point

« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2016, 12:49:52 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown

Yeah I know they were traded. But even still, Garnett would of never agreed to be traded unless Ray was here. I'm not some 13 year old who just thinks he knows what he's talking about. I do pay attention to the NBA

« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2016, 01:17:21 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
How did this get to be a discussion about Kobe Bryant?! Of course Kobe was great!

The problem with Hield is not that we do not want the next Kobe Bryant or Melo or Harden. The problem is determining if he has a shot to actually be that type of scorer.

No one in their right minds would turn down the next Bryant Melo or Harden at 3. He'll they'd all go #1. Problem is, those are elite elite scorers. Will Biddy Hield be an elite scorer? That's where the discussion needs to return to.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2016, 01:18:28 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I'd take Bender over the next Carmelo Anthony.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #249 on: May 25, 2016, 01:20:04 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Jesus Christ

I feel like that is indefensible.

If you told all 30 GMs they could have Bender or the next Carmelo Anthony, I'd bet my life all 30 take Melo.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:25:06 AM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #250 on: May 25, 2016, 01:24:10 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Jesus Christ
kek
Hield is not the next Melo... we all know that  ;D

« Reply #251 on: May 25, 2016, 01:29:06 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Jesus Christ

If you told all 30 GMs they could have Bender or the next Carmelo Anthony, I'd bet my life all 30 take Melo.

I'd probably take Hield over the next Carmelo Anthony, too.

« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2016, 01:49:34 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Jesus Christ

It is pretty laughable...

But alas, everybody has the right to their opinion.

« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2016, 02:02:53 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

So there was no reason to argue my point. All I was saying to begin with. We need offensive players to combine with out defensive players. Is Paul George great at defense ? Its great to find a player with defensive skill but we need offense. All we got is defense except IT. So its not so bad that a player in the draft has offense and not so much defense cause that can be worked on. Most importantly we need big time scorers. And that was my point

I agree in all honesty. I think that our biggest need right now (by far) is scoring.

We do have weaknesses in our defence that we need to solidify (interior defence and rim protection, primarily) but it's not really a critical need - we are still a solid defensive team without that.

Offensively though we really struggle because we just don't have enough firepower, and because our entire outside scoring philosophy is to jack up as many threes as we possibly can to make up for the fact that we shoot a terrible percentage.

We have some solid three point shooters - it's better then nothing, but it's not enough.  We need a starting calibre perimeter player who is a lights out shooter.  Or at the very least, we need a 6th man calibre perimeter player who is a lights out shooter.  A Korver, a Reddick, a Durant - somebody like that.

I think that's genuinely our biggest need right now, with interior defence coming in a close second.

« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2016, 10:07:08 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

No, no. I don't think he does.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva