Author Topic: I'm calling it...our #3 draft pick for 2016. Buddy Hield. Boom.  (Read 47287 times)

Re: I'm calling it...our #3 draft pick for 2016. Buddy Hield. Boom.
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2016, 04:33:12 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
heh... i'll take your guys word for it.  His age can't be ignored.  He'll be a 23 year old rookie.  You best be very confident he's not going to come in and struggle, because most likely he is what he is.

Yep, he is what he is.

Can someone who is obsessed with College ball answer a question for me.  How strong is the Big 12 conference?  Ben Mclemore averaged 16 points, 5.2 rebounds, 2 assists with 50%/42%/87% shooting as a Freshman in that conference.    Considering that Hield went from averaging 7.8 points to 25 points by the time he was a Senior (3.2x more points), does this mean Ben McLemore would have averaged 51.2 points had he stayed until his Senior year?

The Big 12 was the top rated conference in RPI the last three seasons. 7 of its 10 teams made the tournament during those seasons.

« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2016, 11:08:58 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Question to anyone wanting to answer me this ???

Would you guys like to have James Harden on the Celtics giving us an offense while other guys like Bradley and Crowder or Smart pick off the ball for defense ?

How about Carmelo Anthony ? Who could score and help in transition ?
Are these guys superstars ? Or are they worthless because their defense is suspect ?

Buddy Heild is an offensive player who can score points out on the perimeter. Isn't that what we need ? Wouldn't it make sense to draft a kid who is going to be a big time marksman from the three ?
That's what this team was lacking in the playoffs. All the complaints on this board about no offense tells me we needed a big time scorer. And now we need to find a guy who not only can score but has the ability to play defense. Non sense. We need scorers. We already have defense. So we are going to draft Bender who's 7'1" and is gonna take 3 years to play. Well, we won't be making the playoffs next year. If we draft Buddy Heild, we got a 23 year old kid who can score and will get better. I think the kid will be good all through his late 20's into his mid 30's. And we are going to pass on a Buddy Heild because he's to old smh. OK so the team that picks Buddy Heild has one hell of a player who I think will be a no miss. A no brainer. Just dumb and that's why our team has yet to find big time FA to come here because Danny would rather draft a Dragon Bender then a Buddy Heild. In a few years people on this board are going to say, [dang], n we had a chance to draft Buddy...

« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Would you guys like to have James Harden on the Celtics giving us an offense while other guys like Bradley and Crowder or Smart pick off the ball for defense ?

Are these guys superstars ? Or are they worthless because their defense is suspect ?

Buddy Heild is an offensive player who can score points out on the perimeter. Isn't that what we need ? Wouldn't it make sense to draft a kid who is going to be a big time marksman from the three ?
That's what this team was lacking in the playoffs. All the complaints on this board about no offense tells me we needed a big time scorer. And now we need to find a guy who not only can score but has the ability to play defense. Non sense. We need scorers. We already have defense. So we are going to draft Bender who's 7'1" and is gonna take 3 years to play. Well, we won't be making the playoffs next year. If we draft Buddy Heild, we got a 23 year old kid who can score and will get better. I think the kid will be good all through his late 20's into his mid 30's. And we are going to pass on a Buddy Heild because he's to old smh. OK so the team that picks Buddy Heild has one hell of a player who I think will be a no miss. A no brainer. Just dumb and that's why our team has yet to find big time FA to come here because Danny would rather draft a Dragon Bender then a Buddy Heild. In a few years people on this board are going to say, [dang], n we had a chance to draft Buddy...
Don't know what you are talking about
We have plenty of guards who can shoot threes(IT/AB, Smart is abig time shooter, Turner is a lethal shooter in crunch time, RJ is project to be a sharpshooter and Young shot lights out in d league), what we lacks is Bigs who can defend, rebound and shoot threes(Amir/Zeller no)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:03:43 PM by playdream »

« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2016, 12:02:40 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

You make it sound like a foregone conclusion that Hield is going to be a dominant scorer. If that were the case, then Hield would be in the convo for #1.

You don't actually ask any questions here worth answering
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2016, 12:09:36 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
OK whatever. Y'all go on your high horse and think Heild is not a good choice. And go on and think drafting Bender is any good for this team. I'm not gonna argue the point anymore. Heild would be my choice. And when Bender don't pan out and Buddy Heild is lighting it up on another team and Danny Ainge tries to trade a draft pick in three years for the kid when he could of just drafted him I'm coming back and pulling up this post. N if this post no longer exists I'm making a new one just to say told u so.

« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2016, 12:12:31 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown

You make it sound like a foregone conclusion that Hield is going to be a dominant scorer. If that were the case, then Hield would be in the convo for #1.

Oh, n Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.

« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2016, 12:13:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Could Hield be a Reggie Miller type scorer / shooter? Overall player?

« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2016, 12:14:51 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27

I believe Hield could be that type of player but with better abilities to get to the hoop. Will be interesting to see if Hield can play amazing off the ball like Reggie did though. That will be his biggest adjustment offensively at the next level.

« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2016, 12:22:58 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Please...no Harden, no Anthony...

« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2016, 12:25:50 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Don't bother, he had a post yesterday claiming that in 3 years time Hield would be as good as Curry.  He has some... overinflated expectations
I'm bitter.

« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2016, 12:29:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think his upside is high because of how much he’s gotten better. He can help the Celtics now because he is 22 years old. He is high character. Lon Kruger, the Oklahoma head coach, told me multiple times [that] he’s the hardest worker he’s ever had in his career, and Lon’s been doing this for 35 years.

From that link about Goodman talking about Hield to Boston at #3.

« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2016, 12:29:29 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown

Yes, I feel he could. He's great at the 3. Celtics need 3 point scoring. Heild brings perimeter shooting. He brings excellent perimeter shooting. ITS A NO BRAINER. I'm starting to think the majority of this board has no clue how to recognize talent. Its frustrating. I wish I could have Ainge job.

« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2016, 12:31:59 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown

Don't bother, he had a post yesterday claiming that in 3 years time Hield would be as good as Curry.  He has some... overinflated expectations

Hey buddy, I said he will be a top 10 player in 2 years and a top 5 in 3. Keep going with your claims. And I'm done with this topic for now. I will revisit this when the times right.

« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2016, 12:50:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Yes, I feel he could. He's great at the 3. Celtics need 3 point scoring. Heild brings perimeter shooting. He brings excellent perimeter shooting. ITS A NO BRAINER. I'm starting to think the majority of this board has no clue how to recognize talent. Its frustrating. I wish I could have Ainge job.
I dont think it is nearly as cut and dry as you say.

There are so many trade considerations (I assume Philly and Phoenix would both be interested, as would teams like New York and Chicago), you could take Murray who I read somewhere actually outscored Hield in the second half of the season and hes just 19!

Then with Bender, I really dont think you can rule him out just yet. Hes a big mystery and a huge risk, but untill he has some workouts in the US you cant rule him out can you?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2016, 12:51:15 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Hey buddy, I said he will be a top 10 player in 2 years and a top 5 in 3. Keep going with your claims. And I'm done with this topic for now. I will revisit this when the times right.

This isn't some strange claim from me, it's literally something you said yesterday:

Drafting Dragon Bender is a mistake. We need a guy who could light up the perimeter. That's Buddy Heild. He's being considered to have no ceiling. There's no limits to his progression. Tim Duncan played all 4 years, D-Wade played all 4 years. Buddy is an automatic star. He's got the IT factor. Murray is one guy I wouldn't be upset about if we draft at #3. I like Murray a lot. Bender no, I hate the thought of drafting Bender when we got Jamal Murray and Buddy Heild in our pocket. Buddy Heild is a no brainer man he's being compared to Curry and I think he will absolutely be as good as Curry in a few years. You don't let that kind of it factor go by you and draft a kid who is unproven such as Bender. I will be extremely upset if Bender is called at #3. Buddy Heild baby 👍 automatic offense and king of the perimeter. A player we so desperately need...

Even if I thought Hield was going to be the best player from this draft I'd still find your claims ridiculous.  A top 5 player in 3 years?  He would need to be better than one of Curry, Lebron, Durant, AD, or Kawhi Leonard.  I have a hard time accepting that as a possibility, but as a certainty?  Come on.
I'm bitter.