Author Topic: Rumor: Lakers actively looking to trade the #2 - should the Celts make an offer?  (Read 10008 times)

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Lakers aren't trading the #2 unless they are blown away with an offer.  Listening to Woj, Kyler and some of the others they aren't actively looking to trade the pick.  Provide a link please....

I'm not the OP, but this is what I could find.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/5/18/11701830/la-lakers-trade-rumors-second-overall-pick-paul-george-demarcus-cousins

I particularly liked they part where they discussed a Jeff Teague to Philly in exchange for #1.

Mike

Yes Kevin Ding and Harrison Faigen are 2 guys really known for providing scoops and in depth knowledge on the NBA   ::)

Look the Lakers as well as the Celtics and several other teams will listen to trade offers if they can get a star player for their picks.  I think anyone could write that story.  The problem is just like last year nobody was willing to make that deal ( and the Lakers tried last year also) and last year's class was thought to be far better than this years.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
If the Sixers draft Ingram, I'd offer Nets '17, #22, #35, AB and Crowder for Simmons. That should get their attention. We take a step back, but it's worth it for Simmons.
Why would that get their attention?

Nets '17 is no lock for the top of the lottery, they certainly have no incentive to not try and improve organically while they don't control their own draft picks.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
They prob gonna offer #2 and Russell for Okafor to then spin it for Cousins

wait why in the world would they do that trade? russell for okafor straight up would be lucky for the 76ers

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
If the Sixers draft Ingram, I'd offer Nets '17, #22, #35, AB and Crowder for Simmons. That should get their attention. We take a step back, but it's worth it for Simmons.

Nets '17 is no lock for the top of the lottery, they certainly have no incentive to not try and improve organically while they don't control their own draft picks.

honestly though, who is going to sign with the Nets? I haven't read one decent player I could picture signing there.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

honestly though, who is going to sign with the Nets? I haven't read one decent player I could picture signing there.

I think Nets '17 is a lock for the top ten, with a >50% chance at top 5. Do you really think this is a lowball offer? AB+Crowder have quite a bit of value given their contracts, and you're adding #22+#35 as well. Not saying they'd take it, but that's more than enough to get them on the phone.

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I don't think we've got what they're looking for.

How about a 3-way?

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
They got the pick that controls the market. I think we will lose too much to make this trade possible..

But you get the number 2, 3 of the draft

Yes we love IT and Jae but not sure if they can take us to the next level.
The Lakers agree with you that IT and Jae won't take a team to the next level. That is why they won't trade the pick for them. They don't want a bunch more good players. They want a great player. Same as us.

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
They got the pick that controls the market. I think we will lose too much to make this trade possible..

But you get the number 2, 3 of the draft

Yes we love IT and Jae but not sure if they can take us to the next level.
The Lakers agree with you that IT and Jae won't take a team to the next level. That is why they won't trade the pick for them. They don't want a bunch more good players. They want a great player. Same as us.

They did take us to the next level. 

When we got IT and Crowder two seasons back they pushed us from a lottery bound team, to a playoff team.

One year later both improved and built stronger chemistry, and they took us from a #8 seed to a team that held the #3 seed for most of the season.

Who else led that improvement if not Crowder and IT?  Bradley made some small improvements from the prior season.  Olynyk got a bit better, Sully pretty much stayed the same.  Turner improved a bit. 

It was the rise of IT (becoming an All-Star) and Crowder (become a 14/5 guy and developing a legit outside shot) that was most responsible for this team jumping so much. 

I wouldn't underestimate how much those guys have impacted the team.  Without Thomas and Crowder we would not have made the playoffs this year - I can all but guarantee it.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They did take us to the next level. 

When we got IT and Crowder two seasons back they pushed us from a lottery bound team, to a playoff team.

Maybe, do you think they can take us beyond where we are now without help?   I don't
One year later both improved and built stronger chemistry, and they took us from a #8 seed to a team that held the #3 seed for most of the season.

Who else led that improvement if not Crowder and IT?  Bradley made some small improvements from the prior season.  Olynyk got a bit better, Sully pretty much stayed the same.  Turner improved a bit. 

Sully got worse as the season waned.   He was horrible in the beginning, played well after a rough preseason, then faded as his weight and conditioning became an issue.   He was completely unreliable in the playoffs.   Time to go.

It was the rise of IT (becoming an All-Star) and Crowder (become a 14/5 guy and developing a legit outside shot) that was most responsible for this team jumping so much. 

I wouldn't underestimate how much those guys have impacted the team.  Without Thomas and Crowder we would not have made the playoffs this year - I can all but guarantee it.

The real question is do free agents look at our team and say I want to play with those guys.   Or do they see a group of overachievers that play hard.

I think we made progress but I think we need some change to get beyond where we are now.   Another scorer and a decent big would help us a lot, improved shooting across the board would help us.