Author Topic: Love the Idea of An All-In Trade With Utah...  (Read 1606 times)

Love the Idea of An All-In Trade With Utah...
« on: May 18, 2016, 02:21:58 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Would they bite on the following trade:

3, 16, 23, 31, 35, 45, 2018 Nets, Crowder, Jerebko, Hunter, Rozier

FOR

12, Hayward, Favors, Mack

----------

We could still potentially use the 12th pick on Pöltl or Sabonis. If we subsequently take the option on Johnson, resign Turner, and sign Howard (looks like our only shot at a FA splash), I love our chances going into the season with the following depth (plus a bottom lottery pick in there somewhere):

1 Thomas/Mack
2 Bradley/Smart
3 Hayward/Turner
4 Favors/Johnson
5 Howard/Olynyk

Re: Love the Idea of An All-In Trade With Utah...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 02:24:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think it's possible you could get them talking on a Favors for #3 + #16 + pieces deal.

I doubt they'd go for it, though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 02:31:40 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Favors really perplexes me.  I don't know if he is a regular season stud / fools' gold who can't hack it like Monroe or Milsap past the first round of the playoffs, or if he is actually that good.  I can't tell for the life of me.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 02:34:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Favors really perplexes me.  I don't know if he is a regular season stud / fools' gold who can't hack it like Monroe or Milsap past the first round of the playoffs, or if he is actually that good.  I can't tell for the life of me.

Like Monroe, he's best as a center and he needs to have good passers and shooters around him to truly shine.

Unlike Monroe, he blocks shots and has pretty great athleticism for his size.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 02:39:54 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I also hate the spacing issues of a Favors/Howard front court. Especially because we wouldn't have the gunners 1-3 to make up for no shooting in 4 and 5. I mean there is the possibility to still run a 4 or 5 who can't shoot, but you can't run both.
#JKJB

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 02:42:23 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I don't know why UTA would give up on Favors at this point. Or Hayward, for that matter.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 02:44:34 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
The Jazz were as close as they've been in years to the playoffs this year. I don't think they're willing to go backwards in full scale rebuild based off of 7 picks, and a couple decent players.

I think they're looking to add a solid PG like Teague or Rose and see how high is up, and hope to get lucky with some free agent signings.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 10:01:04 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I would go for that trade. I think Jazz could too but they would like wait till after FA to see how things shake out. C's maybe should as well.