Author Topic: Possible trades with the #3 pick  (Read 8882 times)

Re: Possible trades with the #3 pick
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 01:52:39 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
#3 and Rozier for Okafor

Then #23, #52, and Johnson for Ibaka (Thunder have no picks and have marginalized Ibaka's role with the rise of Adams and Kanter, shouldn't take much.)

Running it back with the same team but with the 4 and 5 significantly upgraded.

I don't feel like you'd have to give up a talent like Rozier plus the pick to nab Okafor.  If you do have to add something (it works straight across IMO) to #3, it would be one of your 2nd round picks.

Here's my proposal:

Philly gets:  #3 & #16 plus (pick your salary filler)
Boston gets:  Okafor plus rights to Dario Saric

I'd throw in a 2nd rounder as well, if needed.

Why Philly does this:   Assuming Embiid is healthy, Okafor becomes tradable.   Saric plays pretty much the same position and role (6' 10" scoring/point-forward) that Simmons would play.  So both would be trades from surplus for them.  Getting the two picks would give Philly the ability to take both Simmons and Dunn and still have three more first round picks (#16, #24 & #26) with which to round out and finally balance their roster.

Why Boston does this:  Okafor would give us the long, skilled 7 footer we've been craving.  Fantastic offensive potential.  Not an elite defender, but physically has the potential to be one if coached into the right system.  Saric would provide us an extremely skilled scoring point-forward with an incredible competitive nature.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 01:59:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bulls. You see butler's face yesterday??

Let's grab him

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 02:03:21 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
#3 and Rozier for Okafor

Then #23, #52, and Johnson for Ibaka (Thunder have no picks and have marginalized Ibaka's role with the rise of Adams and Kanter, shouldn't take much.)

I don't feel like you'd have to give up a talent like Rozier plus the pick to nab Okafor.  If you do have to add something (it works straight across IMO) to #3, it would be one of your 2nd round picks.

Here's my proposal:

Why Philly does this:   Assuming Embiid is healthy, Okafor becomes tradable.   Saric plays pretty much the same position and role (6' 10" scoring/point-forward) that Simmons would play.  So both would be trades from surplus for them.  Getting the two picks would give Philly the ability to take both Simmons and Dunn and still have three more first round picks (#16, #24 & #26) with which to round out and finally balance their roster.

Why Boston does this:  Okafor would give us the long, skilled 7 footer we've been craving.  Fantastic offensive potential.  Not an elite defender, but physically has the potential to be one if coached into the right system.  Saric would provide us an extremely skilled scoring point-forward with an incredible competitive nature.

Think it might take a little more for both guys, but I'd love to see both in Boston.
DKC Suns

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2016, 03:49:17 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
#3 and Rozier for Okafor

Here's my proposal:

Think it might take a little more for both guys, but I'd love to see both in Boston.

Yeah, but I think that could be balanced in the 'salary filler' section.   

There are mixed signals coming from Philly as to how they stand in regards to Saric.  There are several articles you can find questioning whether he is doing the best financial move by coming over next year.  If he waits until the following year, he can negotiate a full free agent contract (ala, Mirotic) and make millions more.   And then there is this gem:

https://thesixersense.com/2016/05/01/will-bryan-colangelo-push-dario-saric-out/

which implies a disconnect between Saric and the new Colangelo regime.   Could be just meaningless speculation, of course.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2016, 04:27:20 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
The #3 plus some combo of our later picks for Okafor makes a lot of sense. 

Or maybe something a deal with Minny where we swap 3 for 5 and get a player like Dieng or Shabazz back in the deal. 

Another enticing move might be with Utah, see if we can pry away Hayward.  We have the cap space to absorb him for just picks.  #3, #16 & #23 for #12 & GH?

I'd also be interested in trading #3 straight up for Myles Turner.  He's legit. 

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 04:43:37 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Why do so many people like the Monroe idea? There are very few moves that Danny could make that would cause me to call for his head; trading the #3 pick for Greg Monroe would be one of them.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2016, 05:04:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
#3 and Rozier for Okafor

Here's my proposal:

That would be an incredible haul if we could do that. It would absolutely fill our two weakest spots in the lineup, while not giving up that much. Hell, give them Young and Hunter for the salary filler spots, because they'd have the actual opportunity to try and play them and see if they have anything worthwhile to give them. We could even skip on free agency this year, keep Amir and JJ, and roll into next year with a pretty decent lineup of:

PG: IT, Rozier
SG: Bradley, Smart
SF: Crowder, Turner (resigned to roughly $8M a year for three years)
PF: Amir, Saric, JJ
C: Okafor, KO, Mickey

I mean, if we strike out on trading for Cousins, Butler, Gasol, etc., that's a team I'd be really happy with going into next year with.

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2016, 05:09:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
My order of trades is like this:

Try hard for Cousins -> #3 plus Smart being the principal pieces, though LA will now be able to outbid you if they offer #2 and either Randle or Russell.

If that doesn't happen, try hard for Butler -> #3 plus Crowder and/or Rozier being the principal piece

If that doesn't happen, try hard for some combination of Noel plus Saric or Okafor plus Saric, especially if they pick Simmons. I'd prefer Noel/Saric, but I'm guessing Okafor/Saric is the more available pairing.

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
3, 16, 23, Rozier, Hunter and JJ to Jazz for Hayward and Favors.

Just me but I don't think the Jazz would do this for even just Hayward.

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2016, 05:49:51 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
The following is my guess at trade packages each team could plausibly offer involving the 3rd pick. Trades in Green are deal I really like for the Celtics.

Nets, #3 + KO for Lopez? not likely but I guess the possitive is it would cost Nets wins next year

Knicks, #3 + Smart for Anthony? I'm not a fan of trading for Anthony but deal could makes sense

76ers, #3 (Dunn) for Okafor? This makes alot of sense for both teams

Raptors, #3 for Valanciunas? Raptors could then draft Murray to replace Derozen if he leaves and then resign Biyombo

Bulls, #3 + AB/Smart for Butler? Bulls get younger and start building for the future.

Cavs, #3 + AB for Love? not likely the way the Cavs are playing but lets see how the rest of playoffs go.

Hawks, #3 + KO+ #16 + #23 for Milsap and Korver
? This only makes any sense if ATL know they will loose Horford and want to go into a rebuild. Murray and Schroeder could make for a nice front court and they can hope to find a center (Zizic) at #16.

Hornets, none

Heat, none

Magic, none

Wizards,none

Pistons,none

Pacers, cant see Paul George going anywhere none

Bucks, #3 + #16 + #23  for Monroe and #10. The Bucks draft Murray to play PG and add shooting to their young core and depth with additional 1sts. Cs upgrade Sully with Monroe and still have a lotto pick to take a shot at a high upside big (Ellenson, Chriss, Labissiere)

Warriors, none

Clippers, #3 + Crowder + #16 + #23 for Griffin. Leaves the Cs with a major whole at SF and not sure its enough for the clippers to make a deal.

Lakers, #3 for Randle and a future protected 1st? If the lakers end up with Simmons Randle no longer fits. This trade allows then to add a young player who better fits next to simmons. For the Cs Randle is an upgrade over Sully.

Suns, #3 + #16 for #4 + #13? if the player the Cs like isnt the same as the guy the suns want this is a simple trade to move the #16 up a few spots

Kings, #3 + KO + #16 for WCS + #8? Kings would be able to add a shooter in Murray with the pick and add a shooting big in KO to better fit next to Cousins. Cs add defensive anchor and still have a chance for Hield or Brown at #8.

Mavs, none

Rockets, none

Grizzlies, #3 for M Gasol? this is a rebuild move for the Grizz and a super gamble (to big of a gamble) for the Cs

Pelicans, none unless they want to trade future picks to move up

Spurs, none

Nuggets, #3 + #31 for #7 + Faried? Denver moves up to get Murray to pair with Mudiay, the Cs move down and still have a shot at Hield while replacing Sully with Faried.

T-Wolves, #3 + #16 + #23 for #5 and Dieng
? This only works if the T-Wolves are locked into one player (Murray) in the draft. Dieng would be a nice upgrade over Amir for the Cs and Hield would fit nicely at the #5.

Thunder, #3 + AB for Ibaka, scary trade given that Ibaka is going into a contract year but his under used abilitys could be a dynamic change for the Cs.

Blazers, none

Jazz, none

ko and the # 3 for Lopez.. I'm not sure I like it but I could see it as a possibility .
I'm not crszy about dieng do I wouldn't do that one.
The #3 and Bradley for ibaka is a tough one but I think I'd say no.

I don't think we'll go for Anthony because he's on the downside.
The #3 for okafor is the most baffling one I keep hearing. Do people really think that's all it would take to get Okafor? They'd need more from us plus we have to trump all other deals.

I'm not crazy about Val from the raptors

I could see maybe the #3 and another proven player like Bradley or smart for Monroe but no way do I see them giving #10 back. Maybe this would be a good o e I dunno. Torn.

I think the lakers would do #3 for Randle but I'm not convinced he's a contender starter and I also don't think they'd send us back more.

I could see the Suns doing that one.

I wouldn't be for the Kings one cuz I think KO can be a sixth man candidate if used right.
No way the Grizzlies would trade Gasol for just the #3.
I don't see the Hawks agreeing to that trade.

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2016, 05:52:11 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Sorry for messing up where I put my response and props for going thru all those deals. I'm a pessimist so maybe I'm wrong about some. Sure I am.

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2016, 05:54:39 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
3, 16, 23, Rozier, Hunter and JJ to Jazz for Hayward and Favors.

Just me but I don't think the Jazz would do this for even just Hayward.

Neither would I.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2016, 05:54:57 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I would prefer drafting at 3 than just about every one of those trades.  I'd definitely do the Chicago one and maybe the Toronto one.  Griffin makes me nervous.  They'd mostly just kill our future while not making us actual contenders in the short term.

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2016, 06:14:19 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Meh, as long as it's not Princess Love or that slowpoke from Philly, I don't care.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2016, 09:40:59 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Like the Okafor and Monroe ideas

You're not getting Okafor for the #3 pick that's not enough, maybe the pick and Rozier as someone stated.