Author Topic: Possible trades with the #3 pick  (Read 8883 times)

Re: Possible trades with the #3 pick
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 10:58:39 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
It seems like most overate the value of other teams assets and underestimate ours.

A trade for Cousins would be the best and most efficient trade, to get back to the finals and actually win championships, we could make. Cousins has only 2 years left and has burnt many bridges, including coaches owners etc., that all factors in when a team is trading ya know?

If we get Cousins then convincing a big time FA to come here should be easy. But whatever we do it should be with a look for getting foundation pieces.....not guys that will flame not even be playing in 1-2 years.....that's no core.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 11:07:27 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The only player I hear mentioned in rumors right now that can change the franchise is Paul George. No idea why Indy would trade him but boy would he ever change our team. Butler is in the next group of players IMO.

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 11:15:44 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Danny has to see if he can move up and get Ingram. That would be on my list ahead of most of those trade ideas. Give them all our picks this year, players and more. Future Brooklyn picks would be off the table IMO. The most likely will suck for years so more lotto picks while we are in the playoffs is a great thing.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 12:20:39 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Any chance the Sixers would entertain trading down to #3? If so, what would it take?

I don't see them doing that.  If they do a move, it is to move Okafor or Noel like others have suggested.

What would it take to get both the #1 and Noel?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 12:32:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
not digging any of the deals.  most are overpayments.  really hate the Laker proposal.

would consider the memphis deal for Gasol

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 12:35:02 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Like the Okafor and Monroe ideas
DKC Suns

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 12:35:51 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
New Orleans at #6 seems like a potential trade partner, but not involving the #3 pick.

Move the #16 and #23 picks, plus any number of rookie scale contracts, and/or a future pick for the #6. If absolutely necessary, offer to take back Asik's contract (using Jerebko or Amir Johnson).
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 12:40:37 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Any chance the Sixers would entertain trading down to #3? If so, what would it take?

I don't see them doing that.  If they do a move, it is to move Okafor or Noel like others have suggested.

more than we have, I would think.

Maybe AB #3 Isaiah Smart and like 3 firsts.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
It seems like most overate the value of other teams assets and underestimate ours.

A trade for Cousins would be the best and most efficient trade, to get back to the finals and actually win championships, we could make. Cousins has only 2 years left and has burnt many bridges, including coaches owners etc., that all factors in when a team is trading ya know?

If we get Cousins then convincing a big time FA to come here should be easy. But whatever we do it should be with a look for getting foundation pieces.....not guys that will flame not even be playing in 1-2 years.....that's no core.
I think adding Cousins would be the only big move this offseason if we were to acquire him. I also think that the Lakers can and will outbid us if cousins really hits the open market.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 12:43:10 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Emphatic no to pretty much all of these. Almost all are massive overpays and the others make no sense.

Frankly you don't move the #3 pick unless it's for a bonafide superstar or an exceptionally young talent that you think is awesome . Guys like Monroe and Gasol are very good players but none are a superstar. That leaves the Griffin, Butler and Love deals for superstars and the Okafor deal for a young player depending on how much you like Okafor. But the Love deal makes no sense for the Cavs. I could maybe see the WCS deal or Suns pick swaps if Danny has no strong preference between some of the players at the top of the draft but again those deals only get made at draft time.

Either we move the pick for a superstar or we use it. Trading for good but not great veteran talent is an absolute waste of the pick.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 12:46:09 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

I think adding Cousins would be the only big move this offseason if we were to acquire him. I also think that the Lakers can and will outbid us if cousins really hits the open market.

Agree. If the lakers want to, they CAN outbid us.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 01:21:47 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
#3 and Rozier for Okafor

Then #23, #52, and Johnson for Ibaka (Thunder have no picks and have marginalized Ibaka's role with the rise of Adams and Kanter, shouldn't take much.)

Running it back with the same team but with the 4 and 5 significantly upgraded.

I don't feel like you'd have to give up a talent like Rozier plus the pick to nab Okafor.  If you do have to add something (it works straight across IMO) to #3, it would be one of your 2nd round picks.

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 01:38:52 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Probably something like: "Smart+#3" for #1
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 01:43:43 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em

Demarcus Cousins
DKC Suns

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Jimmy Butler.

Isaiah already started the recruitment last night;

Did Isaiah Thomas recruit at lottery? "You know how I do; I'm not going to say too much more. But you know," Thomas said with laugh.

Much rather trade the pick than drafting Fab Bender.
Jack of all trades, master of none.