Author Topic: Possible trades with the #3 pick  (Read 8884 times)

Possible trades with the #3 pick
« on: May 18, 2016, 07:44:41 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
The following is my guess at trade packages each team could plausibly offer involving the 3rd pick. Trades in Green are deal I really like for the Celtics.

Nets, #3 + KO for Lopez? not likely but I guess the possitive is it would cost Nets wins next year

Knicks, #3 + Smart for Anthony? I'm not a fan of trading for Anthony but deal could makes sense

76ers, #3 (Dunn) for Okafor? This makes alot of sense for both teams

Raptors, #3 for Valanciunas? Raptors could then draft Murray to replace Derozen if he leaves and then resign Biyombo

Bulls, #3 + AB/Smart for Butler? Bulls get younger and start building for the future.

Cavs, #3 + AB for Love? not likely the way the Cavs are playing but lets see how the rest of playoffs go.

Hawks, #3 + KO+ #16 + #23 for Milsap and Korver
? This only makes any sense if ATL know they will loose Horford and want to go into a rebuild. Murray and Schroeder could make for a nice front court and they can hope to find a center (Zizic) at #16.

Hornets, none

Heat, none

Magic, none

Wizards,none

Pistons,none

Pacers, cant see Paul George going anywhere none

Bucks, #3 + #16 + #23  for Monroe and #10. The Bucks draft Murray to play PG and add shooting to their young core and depth with additional 1sts. Cs upgrade Sully with Monroe and still have a lotto pick to take a shot at a high upside big (Ellenson, Chriss, Labissiere)

Warriors, none

Clippers, #3 + Crowder + #16 + #23 for Griffin. Leaves the Cs with a major whole at SF and not sure its enough for the clippers to make a deal.

Lakers, #3 for Randle and a future protected 1st? If the lakers end up with Simmons Randle no longer fits. This trade allows then to add a young player who better fits next to simmons. For the Cs Randle is an upgrade over Sully.

Suns, #3 + #16 for #4 + #13? if the player the Cs like isnt the same as the guy the suns want this is a simple trade to move the #16 up a few spots

Kings, #3 + KO + #16 for WCS + #8? Kings would be able to add a shooter in Murray with the pick and add a shooting big in KO to better fit next to Cousins. Cs add defensive anchor and still have a chance for Hield or Brown at #8.

Mavs, none

Rockets, none

Grizzlies, #3 for M Gasol? this is a rebuild move for the Grizz and a super gamble (to big of a gamble) for the Cs

Pelicans, none unless they want to trade future picks to move up

Spurs, none

Nuggets, #3 + #31 for #7 + Faried? Denver moves up to get Murray to pair with Mudiay, the Cs move down and still have a shot at Hield while replacing Sully with Faried.

T-Wolves, #3 + #16 + #23 for #5 and Dieng
? This only works if the T-Wolves are locked into one player (Murray) in the draft. Dieng would be a nice upgrade over Amir for the Cs and Hield would fit nicely at the #5.

Thunder, #3 + AB for Ibaka, scary trade given that Ibaka is going into a contract year but his under used abilitys could be a dynamic change for the Cs.

Blazers, none

Jazz, none

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Possible trades with the #3 pick
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 07:54:30 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
You don't need to give up smart too to get Anthony..but the reason we don't give up smart is also the reason we get Anthony so cheap...He's almost done.

That's way too much for milsap and Korver,  same with Faried and #7.

Good thread idea and I also like the okafur/butler trades a lot.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 07:56:52 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The Marc Gasol idea intrigues me. He is 31 but he can score in the post and is a good defender and good character guy.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
No to any of these.  You keep the 3 picks and trade off the dead weight ie zeller sully young Johnson to get some picks or better role players.  Use those picks to fill the gaps with some big men talent i.e. Thon maker.  Trade smart for some upgrade talent and draft Heild at 3.

Our best case scenario is butler.  Worst case is we trade role players for role players.  We're in line for the latter at the moment.  No thanks

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 08:38:21 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
You don't need to give up smart too to get Anthony..but the reason we don't give up smart is also the reason we get Anthony so cheap...He's almost done.

That's way too much for milsap and Korver,  same with Faried and #7.

Good thread idea and I also like the okafur/butler trades a lot.

I know its an over pay for Milsap and Korver but Milsap is playing really well and that trade puts the Cs firmly as the #2 in the east.

I have to disagree that the Denver deal is an over pay only because I view Bender as the #3 player and after that it is a large tier of Talent including Murray, Hield, and Brown. If Hield was available at #7 this is a great deal for the Cs.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 08:46:11 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Ibaka deal is way too much, as well. If we're giving up a pick with AB, it should be the #23, not the #3.

Don't mind some of the deals where we drop down a few spots and pick up another player or pick (in the future, preferably). I guess I will hold out hope that Philly or LAL will fall in love with Dunn or Murray and we somehow get Simmons or Ingram. Other than that, I do see a trade of the pick - at least it's the most valuable after the top 2 (obviously). Hopefully somebody kills it in workouts.

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 08:47:42 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Why is Mannix throwing out that George is going to get moved?  Why is Indiana ready to move George?  There is no way he is getting moved...

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 09:24:42 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
The Ibaka deal is way too much, as well. If we're giving up a pick with AB, it should be the #23, not the #3.

Don't mind some of the deals where we drop down a few spots and pick up another player or pick (in the future, preferably). I guess I will hold out hope that Philly or LAL will fall in love with Dunn or Murray and we somehow get Simmons or Ingram. Other than that, I do see a trade of the pick - at least it's the most valuable after the top 2 (obviously). Hopefully somebody kills it in workouts.

I agree its an overpay for Ibaka but if he is made available his skill set is so unique and desirable that a lot of teams will be interested. The appeal of Ibaka is the fact that he is an elite rim protector who also spaces the court.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 09:27:06 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
3, 16, 23, Rozier, Hunter and JJ to Jazz for Hayward and Favors.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 09:29:17 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
#3 and Rozier for Okafor

Then #23, #52, and Johnson for Ibaka (Thunder have no picks and have marginalized Ibaka's role with the rise of Adams and Kanter, shouldn't take much.)

Running it back with the same team but with the 4 and 5 significantly upgraded.

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 09:38:35 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I like the Bucks, Nuggets and TWolves ideas of trading down and picking up an established guy via trade.

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 09:53:49 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Any chance the Sixers would entertain trading down to #3? If so, what would it take?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 10:25:05 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I really think the No. 3 in exchange for either of Noel or Okafor makes sense for both teams. Boston needs a big man, and the 76ers have a glut in the front court.

It has been demonstrated time and again that a three center line-up will not work. The guards will pull them all out to the three point line and will just run rings around them. Granted Noel is quite athletic - but he is not athletic enough to handle small forwards on a night in night out basis (e.g. James/Durant, Jimmy Butler, when he's not playing SG).

If Embiid is playing, then, if I were the Sixers, I would move Okafor.

Bender might be quite good, but we need an excellent big man - and I don't think there is one in this year's draft.

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 10:33:22 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Any chance the Sixers would entertain trading down to #3? If so, what would it take?

Both Nets picks, a starter, a quality bench player, a bag of balls and a unicorn...

...dang, we're THIS close!!!

:)

Rak

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 10:35:02 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

I don't see them doing that.  If they do a move, it is to move Okafor or Noel like others have suggested.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford