Author Topic: Screw it - I still say go BIG with a Big 3 of Durant, Horford, and Cousins!  (Read 719 times)

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Obviously this is only possible if OKC loses to Golden State in the WCF, which is still the most likely outcome in my opinion. But I don't think he can say no to this potential team.

Step 1: Draft Night Trade for Demarcus Cousins

Boston: Cousins, Pick who Boston wants at 8 (hopefully Hield or Brown - let's say Hield drops)

Sacramento: Crowder, Rozier, Hunter, Young, Pick who Sacramento wants at three (Bender), 2016 Dallas pick, 2016 Boston Pick, 2019 Memphis pick

Step 2: Waive Amir and JJ clearing cap space for Horford and Durant.

Step 3: Attract veteran minimum players to Boston.

PG: Smart, IT
SG: Bradley, Hield
SF: Durant, Cheaper Free Agent (Martin?) (Or resign Turner, though I don't think we'll have $ to)
PF: Horford, Mickey
C: Cousins, KO

That team has a ridiculously balanced starting lineup and a very strong bench. I think that's a team you can convince Horford and Durant to sign with. It also allows Durant to stay at SF and Horford to play at his preferred PF position. Further, it's also a very good matched up team with Cleveland in the East, because they have absolutely no answer to that frontcourt scoring, especially in the low post. We just have to hope for two things: 1) Golden State gets their head out of their arses and finished OKC like they should, and 2) that Bender really impresses in workouts, tempting Sacramento for this trade. (I think it's a good trade that gives them an excellent young frontcourt core in Crowder, Bender, and WCS that would fit well together along with Rozier, especially if Bender impresses in his workouts and draws Porzingis comparisons.)

Banner 18, baby!  ;D

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Crowder, some okay prospects and a bunch of late first rounders for Boogie and a lottery pick? The Kings should clean house (again) if something like that happens
DKC Suns

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Crowder, some okay prospects and a bunch of late first rounders for Boogie and a lottery pick? The Kings should clean house (again) if something like that happens

The Memphis pick has plenty of potential of its own. Hell, I'd substitute that with the 2018 Brooklyn pick if that's what it took. By then I could see the Nets as a mid-lottery team rather than a high lottery team with all of the money they have this summer and next.