Author Topic: The All-Purpose Philly/Boston Trade Thread  (Read 2711 times)

The All-Purpose Philly/Boston Trade Thread
« on: May 17, 2016, 08:39:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Hinkie's Process Vindicated Tonight.

Philly heads into the next season with a big man log jam.

Nerlens Noel - Still an outstanding defensive big that would fit beautifully with the young Celtics

Joel Embiid - Apparently finally going to play.  Doubtful he's going anywhere.

Jahlil Okafor - Never their target, but was arguably the best player available when they drafted.  Averaged 17.5 points, 7 rebounds, 1.2 blocks in 30mpg as a 20 year old rookie.  Displayed outstanding low post skills

Ben Simmons - Possibly a transcendent PF

Dario Saric - Excellent PF prospect who is finally coming over this Summer, apparently.

It's a team in need of guards. 

Will we finally see Boston pull off a Marcus Smart for Nerlens Noel trade?   

How about revisiting the trade the two teams almost made at the deadline that Philly backed out of due to uncertainty surrounding the Brooklyn pick... supposedly we offered a package built around the Brooklyn pick for Okafor.  Would a straight #3 for Okafor trade work now (Bill Simmons is in favor of it)?  Okafor is likely better than any prospect available after #2 and Philly could probably use a guard like Hield?

This will be interesting. 

Re: The All-Purpose Philly/Boston Trade Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 08:45:32 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Sure, trade Smart for Okafor and draft Heild. I'm not giving away extra assetts for Okafor, and have a feeling Hield could be the real prize.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 08:46:09 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Why are you assuming they take Simmons?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 08:46:54 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I hope Danny doesn't trade for Okafor and fortunately, he probably won't.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 08:48:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I'd trade number three for Noel or okafor. We have a need for both of their abilities, and they'd fit right in as our long-term starting 5.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 08:49:08 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Philly heads into the next season with a big man log jam.

Nerlens Noel - Still an outstanding defensive big that would fit beautifully with the young Celtics

Joel Embiid - Apparently finally going to play.  Doubtful he's going anywhere.

Jahlil Okafor - Never their target, but was arguably the best player available when they drafted.  Averaged 17.5 points, 7 rebounds, 1.2 blocks in 30mpg as a 20 year old rookie.  Displayed outstanding low post skills

Ben Simmons - Possibly a transcendent PF

Dario Saric - Excellent PF prospect who is finally coming over this Summer, apparently.

It's a team in need of guards. 

How about revisiting the trade the two teams almost made at the deadline that Philly backed out of due to uncertainty surrounding the Brooklyn pick... supposedly we offered a package built around the Brooklyn pick for Okafor.  Would a straight #3 for Okafor trade work now (Bill Simmons is in favor of it)?  Okafor is likely better than any prospect available after #2 and Philly could probably use a guard like Hield?

This will be interesting. 

I would rather have Smart on the team over Noel. Hopefully Philly will accept the #3 for Okafor, really don't want Bender...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 08:50:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Why are you assuming they take Simmons?
True.

Regardless, they will need to move bigs and the #3 pick might be enough to entice them.   They could take Ingram, trade Okafor for #3 + #16 + #23, and fill out that roster.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 08:51:25 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Isn't this a bit premature? The Clippers and Kings of yesteryear had top pick after top pick and that amounted to zip.

You've been saying Embiid "is finally going to play" for the last 2 years now.

Has Noel improved at all since Kentucky? I know he's gained some weight, but has he added anything offensively?

Okafor is a one dimensional offensive player with major defensive limitations.

Saric is a 4 who excels when the ball is in his hands.

Really weird fit that banks on teams giving them what the Sixers believe is equal return value. So far "the process" has sucked, we'll see what happens.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 08:53:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Isn't this a bit premature?
No, not really.  They set out to tank for a superstar prospect.  Looks like they might have a few of them.  Should be super interesting to see what they do with all them prospects.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 08:54:11 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

God I hope not. Noel is so overrated.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 08:55:33 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

No, not really.  They set out to tank for a superstar prospect.  Looks like they might have a few of them.  Should be super interesting to see what they do with all them prospects.

Who? Simmons or Ingram, sure. But I hope that you aren't referring to Okafor, Noel, or brittle bones Embiid.

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 08:56:42 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Yeah, and it only took 4 years of the worst basketball in the league and Hinkie's job. Whoop-di-daisy.

Let's hope their #1 pick doesn't blow out his knee in training camp.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Who? Simmons or Ingram, sure. But I hope that you aren't referring to Okafor, Noel, or brittle bones Embiid.
No, I'm talking about Marcus Smart, #16, #23, #31 and #35 - the package I'm prepared to offer them for Nerlens Noel.

Lol mostly kidding.

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 09:01:26 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

No, I'm talking about Marcus Smart, #16, #23, #31 and #35 - the package I'm prepared to offer them for Nerlens Noel.

Lol mostly kidding.

Noel hasn't improved at all and is going to get overpaid next summer. You guys can keep him.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 09:09:04 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
It'll actually be interesting to see if Colangelo decides to trade multiple young players for major upgrades.  If he throws his hat into the supposed "Jimmy Butler sweepstakes", who is outbidding Philly? 

Will be interesting to see what they do.  I have heard they are targeting Mike Conley in free agency.  I just hope Boston can capitalize, but I'm sure there will be tons of teams making offers for those bigs.