Author Topic: If the Heat is willing to trade Winslow for 16,23,31,45 - Take the deal?  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Heat can get Valentine, Diallo, Bentil, Brogdon with all those picks

Not bad~~

If they're so good why wouldn't we just take them? i don't get your logic at all.

read previous post

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If the Heat honestly believed there were players better than Winslow at 16th, and 23; then they would take it.

Riley is shrewd. He rarely anticipates or makes egregious mistakes without thinking any deal through. If Pat Riley was 100% positive, that there could be an impact player still left on the board, then it could happen.

I like Winslow a lot, and I would certainly do that trade any time of the day. If Ainge was so convinced he was worth the 4th pick, maybe it means something, or just a carefully planned out smokescreen.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Of course you do that trade.  Winslow is already a borderline elite defender who is extremely intelligent.  I think his offensive game will develop.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52

Not bad~~

If they're so good why wouldn't we just take them? i don't get your logic at all.

read previous post

You didn't address my question. Why would these guys be steals for Miami and not for the Celtics.

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Without Bosh (and could be forever)  , Whiteside could walk and so could Dwade (to join his buddy Lebron)

The heat will need to stock up talent quickly.   If they wanted the above picks plus say RJ Hunter (for Salary matching)  ,  would you say yes?

That is silly there's NO WAY Miami does that deal.  Come on.....

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Not bad~~

read previous post

You didn't address my question. Why would these guys be steals for Miami and not for the Celtics.

Bc the Celts can't afford to have 6-7 rookies next season. No way

3 is like the max

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
No.  We can get some nice talent with those first picks.  Swinging with one guy isn't the smartest move if he's not a star player

"Some nice talent" means more guys like R.J. Hunter, Terry Rozier, and, more likely, James Young. Some cool pieces with potential (and some early busts) who are absolutely useless on a team full of such players like the Celtics.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
No.  We can get some nice talent with those first picks.  Swinging with one guy isn't the smartest move if he's not a star player

"Some nice talent" means more guys like R.J. Hunter, Terry Rozier, and, more likely, James Young. Some cool pieces with potential (and some early busts) who are absolutely useless on a team full of such players like the Celtics.

Yeah, shopping in bulk doesn't exactly work wonders when it comes to the NBA draft.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
In a heartbeat. You can argue whether Winslow is a top-5 pick talent, but he's nearly best case scenario for any of those picks combined (let alone any individual one).

If we're accumulating assets, we'd much rather have Winslow, Smart and top-5 guy as our top young players than another 4 guys who don't fit on the roster.

I wouldn't sleep on Winslow's offense just yet. He was like the 6th option on a playoff team who was 19 when the season started and made improvements. He's gonna average 15/7 at least as he matures, IMO.

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52

Not bad~~

read previous post

Bc the Celts can't afford to have 6-7 rookies next season. No way

3 is like the max

They may trade some of the ones they already have to get the 'steals' that you mention.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Brandon Ingram and Justice Winslow on the same team?

Yes please, where do I sign up?

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
To hard to say without knowing who we draft with the lottery pick, but probably not. Winslow didn't set the world on fire.