Author Topic: If the Heat is willing to trade Winslow for 16,23,31,45 - Take the deal?  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Without Bosh (and could be forever)  , Whiteside could walk and so could Dwade (to join his buddy Lebron)

The heat will need to stock up talent quickly.   If they wanted the above picks plus say RJ Hunter (for Salary matching)  ,  would you say yes?

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Why the heck would MIA ever do that trade?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
No.  We can get some nice talent with those first picks.  Swinging with one guy isn't the smartest move if he's not a star player

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
No way Miami would do this, but the C's absolutely would imo.

This type of deal is exactly the type of draft pick consolidation deal we will be looking to make.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This is an absolute lose-lose scenario.  C's get what looks like a decent player (not sure if he will be an all-star) but give up many valuable picks.  Heat lose their best young player, along with Whiteside and Wade AND don't get back a lottery pick.  LOSE LOSE LOSE!!!

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
If the Heat is willing to trade Winslow

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
No, we got Crowder.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
No, we got Crowder.

yes but as of now we don't have Turner and who knows if he will be back

If Danny loved Winslow yesterday, I doubt he is "sick of him" this quickly

The guy did very well to help the Heat make it to the eastern semis. 

Just don't think he is "corner stone" material and the Heat will need to add  talent across the talent

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
No way Miami would do this, but the C's absolutely would imo.

This type of deal is exactly the type of draft pick consolidation deal we will be looking to make.

Exactly

It's a good trade for both teams imo.  Winslow is not worth much more

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Bc they can possible lose a lot in the offseason.  No whiteside (tbh I think he walks) ,  no wade (joins lebron),  no Deng,  no Bosh (career ending?)

I mean they will really stink next season. 

Not that these picks will help them alot but they can pickup a pretty good SF, PF, C, SG etc

rebuild in a more balanced way

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Heck yes you do that trade. A legit prospect who has a shot at being valuable on any team in the very near future.  Great defender, and still only 20.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Heat can get Valentine, Diallo, Bentil, Brogdon with all those picks

Not bad~~

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Bc they can possible lose a lot in the offseason.  No whiteside (tbh I think he walks) ,  no wade (joins lebron),  no Deng,  no Bosh (career ending?)

Not that these picks will help them alot but they can pickup a pretty good SF, PF, C, SG etc

It's quality over quantity here.  It's most likely (actually, very likely) that Winslow will be better than any of those draft picks. 

Trading their best young prospect for #16, #23, #31, & #45 makes little to no sense for MIA.  Out of that draft haul, best case scenario, they'd be lucky to get two starters.  Probably only one and that one will most likely be worse than Winslow.   #23 probably ends up projecting to be a depth guy.

Then you're getting two picks in #31 & #45 that most likely don't make the roster. 

So you're looking at a situation where MIA trades Winslow for one inferior starter, probably a rotation to end of the bench guy, & two players who won't even make the roster.

Makes no sense for MIA.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
Heat can get Valentine, Diallo, Bentil, Brogdon with all those picks

Not bad~~

If they're so good why wouldn't we just take them? i don't get your logic at all.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

It's quality over quantity here.  It's most likely (actually, very likely) that Winslow will be better than any of those draft picks. 

Trading their best young prospect for #16, #23, #31, & #45 makes little to no sense for MIA.  Out of that draft haul, best case scenario, they'd be lucky to get two starters.  Probably only one and that one will most likely be worse than Winslow.   #23 probably ends up projecting to be a depth guy.

Then you're getting two picks in #31 & #45 that most likely don't make the roster. 

So you're looking at a situation where MIA trades Winslow for one inferior starter, probably a rotation to end of the bench guy, & two players who won't even make the roster.

Makes no sense for MIA.

and what is Winslow exactly??

I would like him aboard, but he is no cornerstone player. Maybe not even a starter on half the teams around the league

He would be a much better fit under the celtics vs Miami imo.   Matter of fact, his defense and 3 pt shooting was misused/underutilized .  Its just not the best fit

Like I mentioned Heat could grab a combination of Valentine (and they are interested in Turner, so Turner like SF) , Diallo  ,  Bentil ,  Brogdon  .  Just as an example.   each of these guys have a chance to look like steals down the line (this is a wildcard draft no doubt)

Saying this, why should the Celtics then make this trade?  Bc we can't afford to "nurse"  these many rookies next season.   It's not possible.   So you bring a guy like Winslow who is not only a very good fit under CBS but also has some potential to become better (but under the right system again)

I think its a pretty good trade off for both