Author Topic: [IDEA] Jabari Parker  (Read 1518 times)

[IDEA] Jabari Parker
« on: May 12, 2016, 12:11:15 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I love this kid. Love his attitude, love his slow play game (yes it makes me think of Pierce).

What gets it done for Milwaukee? Would they take Smart, Jae Crowder, Tyler Zeller, and our own pick in exchange? What if we also gave them two second rounders and agreed to swap our pick with them in 2019 at their option?

Milwuakee already has the Greek Freak and John Henson, who are great at their positions. I am not a fan of smart, and would rather play Bradley/Thomas (and I think we should also trade for George Hill).

What do we think?

Re: [IDEA] Jabari Parker
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 12:12:24 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
No, they would not take that package for Parker. They'll trade Henson before they trade Parker.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 12:13:51 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I don't think Milwaukee is in a position that they'd consider any trade where they don't get the best player in the deal.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:15:01 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
No, they would not take that package for Parker. They'll trade Henson before they trade Parker.

What do you think it would take to get Parker? I would be prepared to give anyone on the roster to get him.

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 12:18:53 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

What do you think it would take to get Parker? I would be prepared to give anyone on the roster to get him.

Any trade of Parker has to include the BRK pick, and probably only if it's no worse than 3rd. And then you have to add more to it.

Parker is a franchise cornerstone there. Bucks won't give him up without a king's ransom.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 12:21:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I love this kid. Love his attitude, love his slow play game (yes it makes me think of Pierce).

What gets it done for Milwaukee? Would they take Smart, Jae Crowder, Tyler Zeller, and our own pick in exchange? What if we also gave them two second rounders and agreed to swap our pick with them in 2019 at their option?

Milwuakee already has the Greek Freak and John Henson, who are great overrated at their positions. I am not a fan of smart, and would rather play Bradley/Thomas (and I think we should also trade for George Hill).

What do we think?

fixed it for you.

I wouldn't mind picking up Parker to provide an offensive boost to this team but I'm not giving up both Smart and Crowder to get him.  Zeller's also a RFA so I don't think he's available to deal. 

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 12:29:13 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
probably like Ingram and another shooter.

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 01:15:13 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If we landed pick 1 or 2, I still highly consider trading that for Parker. I'm not sold on Simmons or Ingram, and both may not be better than Parker, who would could be more conductive than the other two.

Parker had a down year, but started to come on strong near the end. Only thing is Parker isn't the best defender yet and you need strong wing defenders to help out with IT at times. But maybe talk PP to come back, be a player coach and work with Parker.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 01:25:55 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Not sure I'd risk trading for Parker. 
For all his potential, he's developing into a no-3/no-D kind of player...

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Parker finished off the season too strong to give the Cs any chance at acquiring him for a reasonable price. He still has a number of holes in his game which is why I would absolutely roll the dice with Simmons or Ingram before even considering Parker (plus the two extra years of rookie contract). If Milwaukee would consider the 5th pick for Parker, I guess you go for it, but there are probably more proven players out there that Danny is looking for with that pick.

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 02:09:16 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think it takes IT, AB and pick 23. Bucks want to start competeing not just swap a guy for picks. I suppose if C's want to go youth movement and build around Ingram/Simmons it would make sense to move IT and AB for a young high potential player.

Smart, Ingram/Simmons, and Parker would be nice core to build around.