Author Topic: Super Delusional Idea: Avery and a few picks for Klay Thompson  (Read 1470 times)

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
GSW's front office turns into Billy King and decides he's gonna make big moves. Do you trade Avery Bradley, possibly another player, and all of our first rounders for Mr. Splash Brother himself?

Re: Super Delusional Idea: Avery and a few picks for Klay Thompson
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 09:43:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Not this years Brooklyn pick, but otherwise sure.  I don't know why GS would do that though unless they felt doing so would allow them to keep Barnes and Ezeli and they thought that was the better option.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 09:46:22 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Not this years Brooklyn pick, but otherwise sure.  I don't know why GS would do that though unless they felt doing so would allow them to keep Barnes and Ezeli and they thought that was the better option.

You really wouldn't trade Bradley and the Brooklyn pick for Thompson? Man, I don't know. Obviously they would never do that, but I think I do that deal every day and twice on Sunday. Klay would be an absolute perfect fit in our system, and he'd probably average thirty points for us. There's absolutely no guarantee that either Simmons or Ingram turns out as good as Thompson.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 09:58:37 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

You really wouldn't trade Bradley and the Brooklyn pick for Thompson? Man, I don't know. Obviously they would never do that, but I think I do that deal every day and twice on Sunday. Klay would be an absolute perfect fit in our system, and he'd probably average thirty points for us. There's absolutely no guarantee that either Simmons or Ingram turns out as good as Thompson.
If it was 3 or later yeah, but not 1 or 2.  But again why would GS do that.

And for the record, Thompson is an excellent shooter, no question, but that is pretty much all he does.  He doesn't take it to the hole and get to the line, he doesn't rebound well for his size, he doesn't pass well at all, and he is an average at best defender.  On Boston, he won't be nearly as effective, especially if you remove Bradley from the equation.  He is not the type of player that would make ideal sense for Boston (other than being an upgrade of the SG position).  Boston needs a guy whose game is more in the Paul Pierce mode and Thompson is not that guy.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 10:09:45 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

If it was 3 or later yeah, but not 1 or 2.  But again why would GS do that.

And for the record, Thompson is an excellent shooter, no question, but that is pretty much all he does.  He doesn't take it to the hole and get to the line, he doesn't rebound well for his size, he doesn't pass well at all, and he is an average at best defender.  On Boston, he won't be nearly as effective, especially if you remove Bradley from the equation.  He is not the type of player that would make ideal sense for Boston (other than being an upgrade of the SG position).  Boston needs a guy whose game is more in the Paul Pierce mode and Thompson is not that guy.

Well I agree that he's not ideally a primary option for a contender, but I think he is still a perfect fit for this team at the 2, especially this past version of the team. He'd fit perfectly next to a more ball-dominant IT where he wouldn't have to necessarily penetrate and get to the line.

Also, I think it's crazy to call him an average at best defender. He's clearly an above average defender, especially at the 2.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 10:22:05 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If they didn't trade Klay Thompson for Kevin Love, who at the time, is putting numbers like a top 10 player in the league, there's no way they are trading him for Avery Bradely, even if there are plenty of picks involved.

He's 25, locked in for at least 4 years, and compliments their system well. No way they trade him unless they decide to rebuild, in which they won't for probably another 4-6 years (probably not even).
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 10:24:06 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It is delusional and a waste of time to talk about it. There is NO WAY they are trading Klay. Maybe it's Curry they will trade  ;D

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 10:43:52 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Super delusional indeed.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 11:25:36 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 12:17:26 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I would put any asset on the table to obtain Thompson - but it isn't happening.