Author Topic: If Serge Ibaka is available, what would you give back OKC??  (Read 3907 times)

Re: If Serge Ibaka is available, what would you give back OKC??
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 08:51:06 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
A couple of years ago I felt he was the ideal frontcourt guy for where the league was going: blocks shots, switches on defense, shoots the 3, and does this all from the power forward position so you can pair him with a center who lacks those skills, or you can play him at center in small ball lineups.

But this year he clearly hasn't looked himself. Look at his per-36 minute stats. Versus the previous two years, he's down in points, rebounds, 3p%, FT%, and FGA. And just watching him, he doesn't look the same.

Can anyone explain this?  It's not age (he's only 26).
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 09:01:31 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
A couple of years ago I felt he was the ideal frontcourt guy for where the league was going: blocks shots, switches on defense, shoots the 3, and does this all from the power forward position so you can pair him with a center who lacks those skills, or you can play him at center in small ball lineups.

But this year he clearly hasn't looked himself. Look at his per-36 minute stats. Versus the previous two years, he's down in points, rebounds, 3p%, FT%, and FGA. And just watching him, he doesn't look the same.

It actually might be his age, a lot of people think he's a few years older than his listed age. But in any case, he's also had some injuries that may have affected his explosiveness.

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 09:07:00 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Well, the last two years, there have been major injuries to Westbrook ('14-15) or Durant ('15-'16). I realize that doesn't explain his percentages, but maybe his game has been thrown off with a lower usage rate this year.

I would still be very happy with Ibaka on the Cs. I know he isn't a superstar, but he would be a humongous upgrade over Sully. We could also likely offer him a bigger role.

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 09:10:11 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm a huge Ibaka fan, but I'm not giving up more than Bradley for him. He's going to be an expiring contract next year and unless I get assurances he will consider staying, I'm not going to trade for a one year rental.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 09:20:16 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
My scenario would be landing the #1 pick, taking Simmons, then packaging the #16 pick, Olynyk and Bradley and maybe something more for Ibaka. Don't know exactly what OKC would want.

But then you but Ibaka at center as a floor spacing center to get out of the way for Simmons creativity at getting by people to get to the rim and use his inside game.

IT
Smart
Crowder
Simmons
Ibaka

is a formidable starting five.

BTW, I wouldn't give much more than what I offered for Ibaka. He only has a year left on his contract and that's about all I would be willing to sacrifice for what could be a one year player.

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 09:29:58 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
My scenario would be landing the #1 pick, taking Simmons, then packaging the #16 pick, Olynyk and Bradley and maybe something more for Ibaka. Don't know exactly what OKC would want.

But then you but Ibaka at center as a floor spacing center to get out of the way for Simmons creativity at getting by people to get to the rim and use his inside game.

IT
Smart
Crowder
Simmons
Ibaka

BTW, I wouldn't give much more than what I offered for Ibaka. He only has a year left on his contract and that's about all I would be willing to sacrifice for what could be a one year player.
Love the idea, but I think with Ibaka becoming a restricted free agent after the 2017 season I think Olynyk, Bradley and a pick is an overpay.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 08:04:58 PM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16

IT
Smart
Crowder
Simmons
Ibaka

Love the idea, but I think with Ibaka becoming a restricted free agent after the 2017 season I think Olynyk, Bradley and a pick is an overpay.

Agree. I wouldn't want to throw away too much for a rental, Amir and #16 or #23 should be enough. If they're not interested in picks I'd say Bradley & JJ.

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2016, 08:07:26 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
 Imagine Bradley, Ibaka, and Dwight on the same team. That defense would be so good.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 10:07:16 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Gotta remember Ibaka is a FA in 2017. Do not want to overpay for a one year rental... it's not as though he's going to win us a championship.

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2016, 11:38:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Gotta remember Ibaka is a FA in 2017. Do not want to overpay for a one year rental... it's not as though he's going to win us a championship.

Step 1: Get Ibaka

Step 2: ....

Step 3: Profit!

But seriously if the pick is outside the top 3 I would trade that in a heartbeat for Ibaka.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 12:51:41 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I would do Ibaka and 2 OKC 1sts for James Young to clear space for them if we can't get any real FAs to sign this year

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 08:09:58 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
So we have Bradley, KO, and a first;

or, the BKN pick;

or Young, with us getting back two firsts from OKC.

I am not sure which way is up anymore. I always just assumed it cost Bradley, but would be pretty psyched if OKC paid us to take him.

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 09:00:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

IT
Smart
Crowder
Simmons
Ibaka

Using those guys though allows Boston room for 2 max contracts (or near max contracts).  If you use Amir you don't have that option. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip