Author Topic: If Serge Ibaka is available, what would you give back OKC??  (Read 3889 times)

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
After watching the last 2 Spurs vs OKC games i've noticed that Ibaka's usage seems to have dropped considerably. Adams PnR chemistry with Westbrook and Kanter's low post game might have something to do with it, but it seems Donovan has pushed him into the corner, primarily as a spacer.

Adams is a RFA this offseason, and OKC really need to throw whatever $ they can at him to keep him around and hold on to KD. Then they have Kanter's $16mil on the books too.
Ibaka could be surplus to requirements.

I'd happily give up Amir's non-guaranteed and say the Cs 2016 1st. Ibaka is an upgrade for sure and the contracts are similar. OKC could wave Amir to free up space and use the pick to draft some cheaper frontcourt help.

I think it works for both teams?

Thoughts??

Re: If Serge Ibaka is available, what would you give back OKC??
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 01:10:53 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The Brooklyn pick (if outside top 2).

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 01:23:36 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
AB and JJ that is it.

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 01:36:29 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

whoa. Ibaka would be a fantastic fit for us (spaces the floor, rim protector) but thats too much. i would be open to Amir and 16 or 23.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 02:25:31 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I don't think that if Durant stays that OKC will be in the draft pick acquisition business. Like their opponent, the Spurs, they are a "now" team. Maybe Olynyk and Bradley gets it done, maybe not. I'm not even sure that I want to make that deal.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 04:02:15 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
After watching the last 2 Spurs vs OKC games i've noticed that Ibaka's usage seems to have dropped considerably. Adams PnR chemistry with Westbrook and Kanter's low post game might have something to do with it, but it seems Donovan has pushed him into the corner, primarily as a spacer.

Adams is a RFA this offseason, and OKC really need to throw whatever $ they can at him to keep him around and hold on to KD. Then they have Kanter's $16mil on the books too.
Ibaka could be surplus to requirements.

I'd happily give up Amir's non-guaranteed and say the Cs 2016 1st. Ibaka is an upgrade for sure and the contracts are similar. OKC could wave Amir to free up space and use the pick to draft some cheaper frontcourt help.

I think it works for both teams?

Thoughts??

Adams is an RFA in 2017, 2013 draft pick.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 04:02:18 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
I think Amir, ko, and the mavs 1st and our 1st. KO would be a good fit for what there wanting from ibaka.
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 05:39:18 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I agree I think he can bring a lot more to table then okc is allowing. He is the perfect fit for the Cs and would compliment KO really well and make for an ideal small ball center. His presence on the roster even makes retaining Sully at a fair price more appealing. 

I would offer non top 2 Nets pick + #23

or

Aside from the nets pick I would offer them AB 16+23.

AB is the perfect backcourt mate for Westbrook and may be a play they at least think about moving Ibaka for.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:40:26 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 06:51:42 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
I think the Mavs pick and Amir's expiring would be enough to get this done.

Ibaka has looked washed up all season and they may have stumbled into their best lineup with Kanter and Adams in the front court beasting the Spurs frontline

Don't forget they are paying Kanter 70 M plus, that contract makes Ibaka extremely expendable

Mavs Pick and Amir for me would be the price, no way we move the Brooklyn pick for a semi washed up Ibaka

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 07:28:29 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
The Mavericks pick, rights to swap Brooklyn next season and Amir Johnson, Maybe toss in ET (sign and trade) or Jerebko
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 07:31:03 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
AB, KO and James Young is would be who I would offer.   They could use a good defensive guard to battle Curry.  Ibaka would be a nice upgrade over Sully and could play a bigger role here.   Our D would be better from a far cry maybe go from 4th to 1st.   Smart could move than make up AB's effect on D.   You have to hope he would take the next step though.

Providing we get a top pick, we could still take it that way.   If not we can take Buddy who can shoot.

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 07:43:22 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Another question to ask is how good would this team be with Ibaka?

For the sake of debate lets say Cs land #4 pick and send that pick and AB to OKC in a gamble of a trade given that it may be an over pay and Ibaka is a FA in 2017.

Then the rest of the draft plays out in moves that have little effect on next seasons rotation.

When FA comes around, the Cs do not pick up Amirs option but do pick up Jerebko's.

They then extend qualifying offers to Zeller and Sully.

Then try to sign (in this order) one of the following long term deals Fournier, Bazemore, Crabbe or short term Afflalo,E Gordon, Lee.

Assuming the Cs strike out with the younger long term group offer one of the short term guys an Amir type deal maybe Afflalo at a 1 year player option 2nd year deal for $15mill per.

Sully and Zeller will be market dependent at the end of it I expect a team will jump on Zeller as there backup center and the Cs wont match. Sully will be interesting, my gut tell me that his gut leaves him with few options and he comes back to the Cs on a team friendly deal may 3 year 8-10 mill. In isolation I do not like this deal as I dont trust Sullys health or conditioning but with Ibaka on board this could be a steal.

2017 Cs Rotation

PG IT
SG Smart
SF Crowder
PF Ibaka
C Sully/KO
6th Afflalo
7th Sully/KO
8th Rozier
9th Jerebko

The biggest perk to this roster will be the small ball lineups with Ibaka at center and a shooter at SF. If Smart and Rozier progress as players this is an improved team.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 07:49:40 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Ibaka would certainly fit the gritty type player that the Celtics have been looking for, he adds great defense and well above adequate offense bu he is still an above average role player on a team of role players that play above average. He would be a fantastic fit and another excellent complimentary starting piece but he isn't going to move the needle much unless its paired with another move.

Therefore I'm not giving any Nets picks for him. A salary like Amir, a youngster like Hunter, Rozier, or Mickey and the Dallas first would be my offer for him.

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 08:20:32 AM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
would love Ibaka on this roster.

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 08:46:53 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

whoa. Ibaka would be a fantastic fit for us (spaces the floor, rim protector) but thats too much. i would be open to Amir and 16 or 23.

I could be wrong, but that sounds like some seriously wishful thinking there.

Amir could barely play this year with his Plantar Fasciitis issues, and a 1st round pick outside of the lottery has probably a 60% - 70% chance of resulting in a bust.

I know Ibaka has dropped off this year but [dang], I don't think he's dropped off that much.

Oh how I would love to see an Ibaka + Dwight front court.  My lord that would be something!