Author Topic: Would you trade IT and Brk pick for Lillard?  (Read 9464 times)

Re: Would you trade IT and Brk pick for Lillard?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 02:33:22 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
nah, Lilliard is a great player, but he's still not in the elite PG category. He's slightly better than IT overall, but IT is still improving too-he's only started for one year.

He's apparently concentrating on his diet this offseason and said he's only ever eaten junk food- even this year lol.

Gap between IT and Lilliard is just not big enough to include trading the BRK pick at this point.

Lol, Lillard is without doubt an elite PG. he's also more than just "slightly" better than IT
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 05:48:20 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I love Lillard, but definitely not.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 06:18:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I like him, but the first two games of the series Lilliard really struggled against Livingston. He shot 16 for 46 and Livingston was able to open up the warriors offense by scoring against Lilliard in the post. He has a lot of similar limitations to IT. He definitely is not worth 3 times the pay and a top 5 pick. Just grass is greener and it kind of stinks cause I with IT got more respect from his own fans.

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 06:26:15 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
nah, Lilliard is a great player, but he's still not in the elite PG category. He's slightly better than IT overall, but IT is still improving too-he's only started for one year.

He's apparently concentrating on his diet this offseason and said he's only ever eaten junk food- even this year lol.

Gap between IT and Lilliard is just not big enough to include trading the BRK pick at this point.

Lol, Lillard is without doubt an elite PG. he's also more than just "slightly" better than IT
Let me re phrase.
Chris Paul, Curry and Westbrook are in a tier of their own.

Lilliard is in the tier below those guys.

He's capable of having enormous games but he's not consistent enough yet and i think he's only slightly better than IT in a vacuum.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 06:32:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2016&p1=thomais02&y2=2016&p2=lillada01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Why are you LOLing? Statistically, they are very similar. I get it, Lillard was a high lottery pick and is taller, but that doesn't make him so much better (laughably so, apparently).

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 06:38:23 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
don't tell IT you think Lillard is better :P
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 06:54:54 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Would you trade the #1 pick to Philly for Okafor and their picks #24 and #26?
Then turn the #16,#23,#24 and #26 to Indy for Paul George or to Chicago for Jimmy Butler and fillers.

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 06:57:02 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Then turn the #16,#23,#24 and #26 to Indy for Paul George or to Chicago for Jimmy Butler and fillers.

So basically trade 1, 16, and 23 for okafor and George? I'd do that all day.

And they wouldn't.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 07:06:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

#1 >> Okafor + #24 + #26

Paul George >>>>>>>> #16 + #23 + #24 + #26

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 08:20:43 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Always. Portland lost all of their starters except Lillard and are still in the second round. He's amazing.

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 08:51:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
In a NY sec.

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 09:02:36 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2016&p1=thomais02&y2=2016&p2=lillada01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Why are you LOLing? Statistically, they are very similar. I get it, Lillard was a high lottery pick and is taller, but that doesn't make him so much better (laughably so, apparently).

The lol wasn't in regards to Isaiah vs lillard. It was that he said lillard wasn't an elite pg, but he since clarified it so it makes sense now.

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 09:27:20 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
In a vacuum, the #3 pick and IT for Lillard is a pretty good deal.

But I wouldn't do it in this current situation. It's a lateral move to trade a score-first PG for another and we're still in the same predicament of needing more scoring around our lone all star, but we're also out a draft pick that could turn into a star later. So, no.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 09:29:51 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
No, but if Seattle ever come back, I think we grant IT's request to be traded to Oregon's neighbour state. For Durant.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 11:08:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Lillard is on a max deal. Lillard is a 'traditional' franchise player. The guy we get at 3, and IT, might not ever result in a 'traditional' franchise cornerstone. So in that way, I understand the deal.

And I'd also love to see a reality where Brad Stevens gets to coach Damian Lillard.

But I think IT and the whole Boston narrative, the idea that finally, the ugly (short but immensely talented) duckling found his home, that's awesome, and I kinda want to see where it goes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner