Author Topic: Offseason wish list  (Read 1795 times)

Offseason wish list
« on: May 06, 2016, 05:55:45 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
1. Keep the nets pick.  Get a stud rookie from this class. Preferably Simmons, Bender or someone like Jaylen Brown for me.

2. Rim Protector.  Either through free agency or via trade without giving up the nets pick. I'd look hard at a guy like Whiteside.  I think he could really help us.

3. Make a run at Durant.  SA is in the running which might spell doom for us there but we should still be in it..  I wouldn't give up a ton of assets for Butler or guys like Kevin Love

4. If we can't land a big time free agent make a move for more scoring and shooting via trade

My expecations are high but not overinflated I don't think.  I'd like to come out of this offseason with 3 major pieces or upgrades at position of need. Young stud, scorer/shooter and rim protector.  I'm not expecting Durant but I'd shoot for it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:02:55 PM by walker834 »

Re: Offseason wish list
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 06:03:08 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
1. Agree, if possible, i think I'd prefer to keep the pick as long as it's top 3. Otherwise, trade it? At 3, I'd probably take Murray. I feel he will be good in the NBA. And he would be great for us as a scorer and shooter.

2. Eh, I'm not a fan of whiteside. What other rim protectors are available for cheaper?

3. Definitely. KD is goal #1. I do think, though, that Kevin love could be great for us. Could space the floor, be a primary option. Maybe play a 1A role to IT's 1B role?

4. Also agree. I'd really love to see us get a true 3 point shooter. Maybe Murray could be that guy and we kill 2 birds with 1 stone?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 06:04:06 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I still think what we really need is another legitament option besides Isaiah. If we could move down in this draft and get a young player and a legit option to Isaiah that would work for me.  We can fill the rim protector stuff in so many ways.

I proposed a trade a while back where we  move down and get Klove and pick up jaylen brown and I still like that.

I agree Durant is what we are shooting for.  I don't know if we are going to get it though.

Still love Bender and Simmons this draft. Also a big fan of Jaylen Brown. I could be wrong there but whatever. 

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 06:09:25 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
In order of preference:

1. KD
2. Boogie
3. Top 2 Pick
4. Butler
5. #3 Pick
6. Batum
7. Bazemore
8. Allen Crabbe
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 06:09:33 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
If Durant goes to SA to pair with Aldridge I wonder if we could land Kawii somehow or would he go to OKC?

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 06:15:51 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
If Durant goes to SA to pair with Aldridge I wonder if we could land Kawii somehow or would he go to OKC?

They'd keep all 3 wouldn't they?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 06:16:09 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
In order of preference:

1. KD
2. Boogie
3. Top 2 Pick
4. Butler
5. #3 Pick
6. Batum
7. Bazemore
8. Allen Crabbe

KD+Boogie=YES

I really like Boogie as a player.  I think he needs to get out of Sac too.  I also think Stevens could do wonders for him.  I think Boogie is a good guy just misunderstood.  I think he'd need another star to defer to here though.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 06:16:40 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
In order of preference:

1. KD
2. Boogie
3. Top 2 Pick
4. Butler
5. #3 Pick
6. Batum
7. Bazemore
8. Allen Crabbe

Well there's a name you don't hear often! May I ask why you want him?

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 06:19:15 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
In order of preference:

1. KD
2. Boogie
3. Top 2 Pick
4. Butler
5. #3 Pick
6. Batum
7. Bazemore
8. Allen Crabbe

He's a (restricted) free agent and can shoot. I see him as a backup option if we can't land Hield, Batum, or Bazemore. I don't think Portland would let him go, but you never know.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 06:22:29 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
In order of preference:

1. KD
2. Boogie
3. Top 2 Pick
4. Butler
5. #3 Pick
6. Batum
7. Bazemore
8. Allen Crabbe

KD+Boogie=YES

I really like Boogie as a player.  I think he needs to get out of Sac too.  I also think Stevens could do wonders for him.  I think Boogie is a good guy just misunderstood.  I think he'd need another star to defer to here though.

It's no secret that I love Boogie. I think he's an MVP candidate on a real team, and I'd give up virtually anything for him.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 06:37:50 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
In order of preference:

1. KD
2. Boogie
3. Top 2 Pick
4. Butler
5. #3 Pick
6. Batum
7. Bazemore
8. Allen Crabbe

He's a (restricted) free agent and can shoot. I see him as a backup option if we can't land Hield, Batum, or Bazemore. I don't think Portland would let him go, but you never know.

Sounds solid. He'd also fit right in with Marcus in terms of hair. Maybe he will take sullys spot as Marcus's hair buddy!

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 07:06:48 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'm looking at a team like SA who has been in the top tier and has won championships and has a shot at a guy like KD just because of who they are.  Which begs the question is being in the top tier enough or do you need to win it?   From the celtics perspective we are at a bit of an advantage because of our history.  People will say our history doesn't matter but I think just because of who our coach is and GM and that we know what we are doing we don't necessarily have to go all in this offseason.  Teams like hawks are not like us.  There isn't that same trust within that organization.

We also have a shot at Durant too because of that.  We need another piece to go with Isaiah though.

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 07:52:19 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
In order of preference:

1. KD
2. Boogie
3. Top 2 Pick
4. Butler
5. #3 Pick
6. Batum
7. Bazemore
8. Allen Crabbe

Sounds solid. He'd also fit right in with Marcus in terms of hair. Maybe he will take sullys spot as Marcus's hair buddy!

Yep. Every time I watch Portland he sticks out; he's a good, and often overlooked, player.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 08:57:51 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
For me,

1) Let Sully walk or use his number as cap filler for a better player.  Buy stock in Golden Corral in said town he goes too.
2)  Get a two way big that can help us down low  DMC would be ideal but he has some issues
3) Get another star and go to scorer, KD would be the wish list of course
4) I would like a good stretch four like Ryan Anderson on this team
5) I was impressed with Bazemore as well
6) We trade for Hayward to help on the wings if some of the above does not work out.

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 10:47:36 PM »

Offline hagar55voa

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Resign Zeller to a 4 year deal and let him play...