Author Topic: Lucky 17's Points League 2016/17 Season commences right about NOW!  (Read 30910 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I have done the adjusted standings and Byennie has checked my work.

The final draft order is currently as follows.

1 Sauce Castillos (Toines' pick).....tied to Philly
2 Lucky Strikes (MMSB)...............Lakers
3 Brahma Bull......................Nets/Celtics
4 Birdman.........................Suns
5 Webskins......................T Wolves
6 Sauce Castillos...............Pelicans
7 Bada Bing....................Nuggets
8 Brahma Bull (Dirty Digs)...........Kings
9 Lucky Strikes.................Raptors
10 Tyrion (Utah)......................Bucks
11 Birdman (Y'all Hate)............Magic
12 Champkind....................Jazz
13 Tyrion........................Suns
14 Jackalopes.................Bulls
15 Tyrion (Larkins Lover)
16 Kwhit
17 Birdman (Juggs)
18 Pitt
19 Tyrion (Gains)
20 Gains (Pip)

2nd round

21 Tyrion (Toines)
22 MMSB
23 Pitts (Brahma)
24 Tyrion (Birdman)
25 Webskins
26 Gains (Sauce Castillo)
27 Bada Bing
28 Birdman (DirtyDigs)
29 Lucky Strikes
30 Lucky Strikes (Utah)
31 Tyrion (Y'all Hate)
32 Champkind
33 Pitts
34 Sauce Castillos (Jackalopes)
35 Tyrion (Larkin's Lovers)
36 Dirty Diggs (Kwhit)
37 Juggs
38 Sauce Castillos (Pitt)
39 Sauce Castillos (Gains)
40 Sauce Castillos (Pip)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:41:28 AM by eja117 »

Re: Lucky 17's Points League Offseason commences
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 05:52:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The next thing is to find a replacement GM. I am going with the first nomination I heard which was TWW from the other league. He gets the first invite

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 08:07:54 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
THE Walker Wiggle! It would be awesome if he joins.

What are we doing with the former Bellevue Team? Is the new GM going to inherit that roster or are we going to correct some past mistakes and work out a rebalancing plan of some sort?

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 08:42:50 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
We should discuss that on email I think.  No hard decision has been made at all. On some level I'd like to think it over before I go to TWW.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 11:00:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
THE Walker Wiggle! It would be awesome if he joins.

What are we doing with the former Bellevue Team? Is the new GM going to inherit that roster or are we going to correct some past mistakes and work out a rebalancing plan of some sort?

As an impartial observer who still thinks this league is pretty rad despite what happened to me (this will be the 9th season - hopefully you guys can get to the 10 year anniversary), I'm super interested to see if Karl Towns or Kevin Durant would go first in the "We Made Mistakes Trading with Bellevue and Need to be Bailed Out" draft.   It will be fascinating to see how you guys deal with it given that it will have a pretty significant impact on rosters. 

Also, FWIW, if you guys still need a permanent commish (since the league never had a chance to vote on a replacement for Byennie when he vanished last Summer), I'd consider offering my services.  Feel free to add my name to the list of candidates if you guys ever have an official vote.

Some notes:

- I have no intention of owning a team, so that removes any potential bias the league previously had with a commissioner holding dual role as a competitor. 
- I know some folks were upset the temp commish had a public lack of respect for the constitution.  It was broken in two rather significant ways without proper votes (adding the IL slot without a vote and unconstitutionally removing a member)
- My understanding of this league's rules and constitution is second only to Lucky17. 
- I previously built the offseason tracking sheet, corrected the temp commish on his multiple offseason errors, maintained the league history page, and manually kept track of the in-season tourneys, so I wouldn't necessarily mind continuing that if you need it. 
- Having observed how the DKC League operates, it might be sort of fun writing league-wide articles, season previews, power rankings, etc for a league I have no rooting interest in.  For instance, The Walker Wiggle had previously owned a team from 2007-09 that is now known as the Jackalopes:  http://nedyken.com/cbpl/teams/jackalopes/  ... that team has since fallen out of the top 5.  Seeing another one of the league's former original members to return to take over the most famous fantasy basketball team in the world (35,000 Redditors can't be wrong) would be a fun storyline. 

Anyways, regardless of how you guys handle the beast that I left behind, my two cents is that if you truly decide to do an unprecedented "Bail Out" draft, a smart way of dealing with it would be to make every team in the league protect only 10 players (instead of the typical 16).  This is similar to how the NBA handles Expansion Drafts.  Every team has a "protection list" and is forced to cut guys.   Then, you'd make the unprecedented decision to do initial waiver order based on records worst-to-first... perhaps even doing a second live-streamed lotto (with weighting based on teams worst-to-first) to determine the official draft order.   What would end up happening is that the worst teams (TB, MMSB, Brahma) would have no trouble cutting 6 guys.  But the top teams (Bellevue, Pitts, Ubuntu) would struggle to decide which 6 guys to cut.  Bellevue in particular (just based on fantasy averages worst-to-first) would likely have to cut Dante Exum, Otto Porter Jr, Zaza Pachulia, Jabari Parker, Julius Randle and D'Angelo Russell.  Sure, they'd keep the mega-stars like Towns/Durant, but that would be a pretty significant addition to the talent pool if the top picks went to the hopeless bottomfeeders. Example:  #1 TB (Parker?), #2 MMSB (Randle?), #3 Brahma (Russell?), etc not including the talent teams like Pitts and Ubuntu would need to cut to get down to 10 players.  It would be a big step towards helping some of the balance - especially if you limited the "Bail Out Draft" to only include the bottom 10 teams.   One note on this:  If might make the most sense to to do the "10 player cut-down" before the offseason trades begin, because it would prevent consolidation trades.   The top teams would have no choice but to make their 6 cuts (or in some cases more than 6 when you consider the IL slot and 2016 draft picks).

Excited to see what you guys do either way.     

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:38:07 AM by LarBrd33 »

Re: Lucky 17's Points League 2016/17 Offseason commences
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 09:51:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
So we're all drafting where we thought we were? Ok

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 11:03:19 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 11:27:11 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Utah Flash Summer Trading Block

Ground Rules
  • Bring an offer. If I ping u first, I will bring an offer.
  • Please, do not PM me, "what chu want fur Stan the man J?" or whomever, See 1.
  • No golden moldies. If your player seems old, he is. I don't want him.
  • I will overpay for players I like.
  • When in doubt, see 1.

Trade Thoughts and Ideas
  • Instant Rebuild Package: I would be willing to package tje 2017 UF 1, 2017 UF 2, and a young prospect for a super high pick in 2016 or a young prospect that I like from the 2015 draft.
  • I am not interested in dealing down this off season, e.g. one of my players for multiple of yours. Go ahead and try. If you do, bring a legit offer that makes me pause and think about it.
  • I would be interested in trading 1 or two prospects for an additional 2017 1.

Open For Discussion
  • Robert Covington
  • Kelly Olynyk
  • Jeremy Lamb
  • Noah Vonleh
  • Doug McDermott
  • Sean Kilpatrick
  • Norris Cole
  • 2017 Utah Flash 1 (prelotto, #12 in 2016)
  • 2017 Utah Flash 2 (#32 in 2016)

Tread Lightly And Carry A Big Offer
  • Stanley Johnson
  • Boban Marjanovic

Nope, Not Happening
  • Elfrid Payton
  • Dennis Schröder
  • Mario Hezonja
  • Marcus Smart
  • Andre Drummond
  • Willie Cauley-Stein
  • Nikola Jokic
  • Rudy Gobert

Mk

The Official Utah Flash Goals for the 2016/17 Season

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 05:40:14 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:54:15 PM by Denis998 »

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 08:46:25 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Guys I think have a chance of being fine future players or that are in a decent situation

Cory Joseph...available for an ok future 2nd rounder
Markel Brown..not sure what I want to do with this guy
Salah Mejri.....also not sure what I want to do with him
Anthony Brown...available for 2nd rounder

Vet that can still help
Gerald Henderson....an ok future 2nd rounder

Think is underrated, but looking to move on
Tyreke Evans.....decent offer
Chandler Parsons...decent offer
DeMarre Carrol....late future first

Available for the right price
R Lopez
V Oladipo....I like this guy
Clint Capela ...I like this guy

It might take a godfather offer
J Clarkson
DeMarre DeRozen

and I have various picks

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 11:49:09 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17

Various 2nd rounders available for future 2nd rounders.

also:

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 03:27:48 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 12:16:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
It's been like a month. TWW hasn't gotten back to me. I emailed him and PMed him. If anyone can get in touch with him that's good.  If not...I have to at least consider moving on to another option.

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 01:09:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's been like a month. TWW hasn't gotten back to me. I emailed him and PMed him. If anyone can get in touch with him that's good.  If not...I have to at least consider moving on to another option.
I know a guy who might be interested named BarLrd33.  He can be reached at NotLarBrd33@netscape.net

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 10:20:04 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
RELEASE THE BOBAN!!!!

Mk

DKC Knicks