Author Topic: Draft Murray, Sabonis , Sign Barnes and Whiteside to max deals, how good are we?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I wouldn't mind Whiteside, but don't really care for Barnes at max money. Rather keep Amir and Jonas, draft Valentine using our Dallas pick, and just roll the remaining cap over the following season.

So our team would look like this:

1st team - 2nd team
Thomas - Smart
Bradley - Murray
Crowder - Valentine
Olynyk - Jerebko
Whiteside - Johnson

Two stretch 4's, improved shooting with Murray (40.8% 3's) and Valentine (44.4% 3's), with both those shooters being good ballhandlers and passers, and improved interior D with Whiteside. So our team improves without sacrificing long term cap. Not being able to give Rozier minutes really hurts though.

good call, wouldn't mind that roster at all.

Thanks. Very young team too. I really do like Valentine. Think he can be a great addition to our team. Was listening to a podcast and they were talking about him. Saying that he physically isn't the greatest defender, but is so smart that's he's usually in the right place and how he doesn't hold the ball and always keeps it moving. It's almost an upgraded, cheaper, and younger version of Turner, but that makes more heady plays and can really stretch the floor.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I wouldn't mind Whiteside, but don't really care for Barnes at max money. Rather keep Amir and Jonas, draft Valentine using our Dallas pick, and just roll the remaining cap over the following season.

So our team would look like this:

1st team - 2nd team
Thomas - Smart
Bradley - Murray
Crowder - Valentine
Olynyk - Jerebko
Whiteside - Johnson

Two stretch 4's, improved shooting with Murray (40.8% 3's) and Valentine (44.4% 3's), with both those shooters being good ballhandlers and passers, and improved interior D with Whiteside. So our team improves without sacrificing long term cap. Not being able to give Rozier minutes really hurts though.

good call, wouldn't mind that roster at all.

Thanks. Very young team too. I really do like Valentine. Think he can be a great addition to our team. Was listening to a podcast and they were talking about him. Saying that he physically isn't the greatest defender, but is so smart that's he's usually in the right place and how he doesn't hold the ball and always keeps it moving. It's almost an upgraded, cheaper, and younger version of Turner, but that makes more heady plays and can really stretch the floor.
Yeah I'm also not sure if Barnes really makes this team any better. He's had chances now to show he can step up and be a big time contributor, with curry out. But I just don't see that in him.

I really like your roster. Valentine is solid. At 16 I hope he's there. If Korkmaz has been taken already id take Valentine
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Second or third round exit.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)