Author Topic: Draft Murray, Sabonis , Sign Barnes and Whiteside to max deals, how good are we?  (Read 2460 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Let's just say we strike out on Durant and keep our brk and dallas pick . We then sign Barnes and Whiteside to max deals

How good is this team

IT               / Smart
AB              / Murray
Barnes        / Crowder
KO              / Sabonis
Whiteside     / Mickey

I have to believe that makes us the 2nd best team in the East , 55 wins at the least .

That is a really deep team with improved scoring and low post D . We would still be lacking a go to guy , but would have a bunch of trade chips , plus the other brk picks still coming , and would be a very young team still .

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Not significantly better than we are, with limited ability to get better. Not a contender.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
I love the depth and defense of that team but they would still be bad offensively in the playoffs.  That scenario would be counting on getting a true #1 stud with the BK pick in 17'.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I would say that is a pretty terrible team actually

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Much, Much, Better than we are right now, with a chance that Murray is a real stud in the next few years.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I'm with you Rondo. Completely realistic scenario, If no KD. I'd be very happy with that outcome. Throw out Mickey and sub in Rozier and that's a lot of talent. 10 guys deep.
 Shot blocking, athletiscm, much needed 6'8" athlete in Barnes.suddenly the swing position is well above average and we can play small with Barnes and Crowder, yet still be big with Whiteside. And Sabonis is a warrior. Tp.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Not significantly better than we are, with limited ability to get better. Not a contender.

This. I would be pretty bummed with this offseason.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Similar to the Raptors. 55 wins sounds a good estimate.

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
It's a start. We still need another fringe star.

I would start this lineup with your team.

IT
AB
Barnes
Crowder as a stretch four
Whiteside

Murray, Smart KO and Sabonis make a nice bench. Rozier could probably squeeze in some minutes.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
It would be incredibly shortsighted to sign Barnes + Whiteside to max deals. To answer the question, we'd win mid-50's games, and our odds of winning a championship over the next 5 years would go down dramatically.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
It would be incredibly shortsighted to sign Barnes + Whiteside to max deals. To answer the question, we'd win mid-50's games, and our odds of winning a championship over the next 5 years would go down dramatically.

Yea after thinking about it more , just keep Jerebko and Amir for the final year of their deals .  Sign Barnes to the max

IT              / Smart
AB             / Murray
Barnes       / Crowder
KO            / Jerebko
Amir          / Mickey

Then you have room to add a max the following year .  Lots of pieces that could be moved for another all-star .

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Does H.Barnes start over Crowder?

Crowder outplayed Barnes comfortably this past season. I don't think Barnes will do much better elsewhere than he is currently doing in GSW. So no bump. If Crowder can repeat his play from last season, I think Crowder is the better small forward.

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
There is no need to sign Barnes at all - never mind to a max deal. Crowder is already better two-way player than HB is. To sign Barnes to a max deal and then start him over Crowder would make our team worse in both the short- and long-term. I'd rather just bring back Turner at what will likely be a discount price if Barnes is our only option. While it would be nice to get another All-Star on the perimeter, a) Barnes is not that guy and b) I'd rather expend our resources to bring in an All-Star front court player.

Whiteside at max money is a more defensible decision. I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

edit: This is not to dump all over Barnes, who is a fine starting quality wing on a historic NBA team. There's just no reason to desperately acquire a wing now that Crowder and Turner have developed under CBS. Not to mention some of our wing prospects (Young, Hunter) and mountain of draft picks.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I wouldn't mind Whiteside, but don't really care for Barnes at max money. Rather keep Amir and Jonas, draft Valentine using our Dallas pick, and just roll the remaining cap over the following season.

So our team would look like this:

1st team - 2nd team
Thomas - Smart
Bradley - Murray
Crowder - Valentine
Olynyk - Jerebko
Whiteside - Johnson

Two stretch 4's, improved shooting with Murray (40.8% 3's) and Valentine (44.4% 3's), with both those shooters being good ballhandlers and passers, and improved interior D with Whiteside. So our team improves without sacrificing long term cap. Not being able to give Rozier minutes really hurts though.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I wouldn't mind Whiteside, but don't really care for Barnes at max money. Rather keep Amir and Jonas, draft Valentine using our Dallas pick, and just roll the remaining cap over the following season.

So our team would look like this:

1st team - 2nd team
Thomas - Smart
Bradley - Murray
Crowder - Valentine
Olynyk - Jerebko
Whiteside - Johnson

Two stretch 4's, improved shooting with Murray (40.8% 3's) and Valentine (44.4% 3's), with both those shooters being good ballhandlers and passers, and improved interior D with Whiteside. So our team improves without sacrificing long term cap. Not being able to give Rozier minutes really hurts though.

good call, wouldn't mind that roster at all.