Author Topic: Ira Winderman: Bosh will likely never play again  (Read 11352 times)

Re: Ira Winderman: Bosh will likely never play again
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2016, 10:44:50 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I really dislike Bosh and the Heat.  I don't feel that bad for him at all.. I think it's bad luck but no sorry feelings here, dude won some rings and got paid tons now he can retire with his health at a young age.

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2016, 11:59:21 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I really dislike Bosh and the Heat.  I don't feel that bad for him at all.. I think it's bad luck but no sorry feelings here, dude won some rings and got paid tons now he can retire with his health at a young age.

Well, that's certainly one way to look at a possible life and death scenario.

Not one I agree with,  though.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2016, 06:14:13 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, I don't understand it just on a basic level of human empathy. I feel sympathy because a father of five who seems to be a decent person might have to give up a career he loves, and at worst could die.

Sure, there are hundreds of millions of people worse off than Bosh, but life-threatening illnesses suck for just about everyone. I guess I can't tell anybody who to be sympathetic for, but as a franchise that lost Reggie Lewis and Len Bias, I wish some fans could feel a little more kindness to their fellow man.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2016, 12:24:03 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Yeah, I don't understand it just on a basic level of human empathy. I feel sympathy because a father of five who seems to be a decent person might have to give up a career he loves, and at worst could die.

Sure, there are hundreds of millions of people worse off than Bosh, but life-threatening illnesses suck for just about everyone. I guess I can't tell anybody who to be sympathetic for, but as a franchise that lost Reggie Lewis and Len Bias, I wish some fans could feel a little more kindness to their fellow man.

Is it okay to think that it should have happened to Kobe or Lebron?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2016, 03:33:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Is it okay to think that it should have happened to Kobe or Lebron?

Like I said, I'm not going to tell people who to be sympathetic to; I just don't understand the lack of empathy.

Regarding Kobe, I guess it depends on one's view of karma, and how convinced they are that something evil went down in Eagle, Colorado.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Not everyone is soft and it's ok to not feel bad for someone you dislike.  Don't need a lecture about it.

Also it's not like he's going to die he just can't play professional basketball anymore... Wah

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2016, 05:46:30 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Not everyone is soft and it's ok to not feel bad for someone you dislike.  Don't need a lecture about it.

That's a **** thing to say. You don't call someone "soft" when they feel bad for someone who could have been dead right now if he was playing. If you don't have feelings about this then there's no need for you to flaunt your apathy in front of us.

In fact, there's no need for you to say ANYTHING about it if you don't have any slight disappointment  for the guy
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2016, 05:48:15 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I didn't call anyone soft just saying when it comes to Millionaire NBA champ rival Bosh it's completely OK for me to not care about his early retirement and I don't think it's warranted to lecture people about having that opinion.

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2016, 05:51:21 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
I didn't call anyone soft just saying when it comes to Millionaire NBA champ rival Bosh it's completely OK for me to not care about his early retirement and I don't think it's warranted to lecture people about having that opinion.

Not everyone is soft

This (to me) reads as: y'all are babies and wusses for caring about him.

Which (again, to me) implies that you're calling the rest of this thread "soft"

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2016, 06:02:50 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Yeah it's a general statement saying not everyone is going to be sympathetic and that's OK...    Not everyone is soft people need to remember that.

People are way to quick to hate on someone who doesn't take the standard touchy feely route.

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2016, 06:05:52 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Point is, I don't like anyone calling me "soft". Call me whatever else you want: overly sympathetic, excessively sensitive, whatever.

Dont call me "soft".

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2016, 06:20:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Yeah it's a general statement saying not everyone is going to be sympathetic and that's OK...    Not everyone is soft people need to remember that.

People are way to quick to hate on someone who doesn't take the standard touchy feely route.

You seem fairly sensitive for someone who was wishing ill health and early retirement on somebody else?  Is it fair to say that it's a bit hypocritical to adopt a "the world is too sensitive" approach, while acting sensitive about gentle disagreement from strangers on the Internet?

But I digress. You're not required to be an empathetic person, just like others aren't required to like your point of view.

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2016, 06:52:18 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Really sad news for a guy who seems like a decent fellow. Who he plays for matters not to me. As someone with a life-threatening ailment myself, I don't wish that on anyone, nor do I understand those who lack empathy for him.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2016, 08:22:07 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Skip Bayless is leaving First Take.  You should straight up email this post to whoever the show runner is and CC Stephen A. because I think you have what it takes to fill his shoes

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2016, 06:23:04 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • 7 + 11 = 18

You seem fairly sensitive for someone who was wishing ill health and early retirement on somebody else?  Is it fair to say that it's a bit hypocritical to adopt a "the world is too sensitive" approach, while acting sensitive about gentle disagreement from strangers on the Internet?

But I digress. You're not required to be an empathetic person, just like others aren't required to like your point of view.

The fact that your claiming that I am wishing injury and early retirement on Bosh is pretty absurd.  I clearly never said anything like that.  You are just trying to come up with some reason to hate on me for not being in love with Bosh and crying over his potential retirement.  Seriously just stop attacking me and making stuff up... I left my opinion on Bosh on the Bosh thread im sorry it doesn't line up with 100% how you think you don't need to make up lies about me.