Author Topic: New Ford/Pelton Top 10 Mock  (Read 4384 times)

Re: New Ford/Pelton Top 10 Mock
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 08:39:14 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
An observation if the lottery works out this way. Do the 76ers offer up okafor to the Cs for the #5 and #16? They could use those picks on Hield and Valentine.

Dunn, Hield, saric, Simmons and Noel/embidd is an potentially impressive young core.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 10:30:43 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
An observation if the lottery works out this way. Do the 76ers offer up okafor to the Cs for the #5 and #16? They could use those picks on Hield and Valentine.

Dunn, Hield, saric, Simmons and Noel/embidd is an potentially impressive young core.
I can't see why they would want 5 and 16 when they already have 1 and 4.  If they end up with 1 and 4, I think they would move Okafor for some more established young talent that fits around their young guys. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 10:44:07 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I can't see why they would want 5 and 16 when they already have 1 and 4.  If they end up with 1 and 4, I think they would move Okafor for some more established young talent that fits around their young guys.

I agree that obtaining established young talent is the better bet but I do find a rookie combo of Dunn and Hield appealing add Valentine to that and you basically have the 3 most NBA ready perimeter player in the draft on the roster. The 76ers could then fill out the balance of their roster with rotational level Vets and build from there. This plan would still leave the 76ers in the lottery but they would have NBA starter level prospects at every starting position with a few on the bench. Something that hasn't happened since the Hinkie experiment started.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 11:58:20 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Either way, I don't think I will be able to watch the draft lottery live - too prepared for disappointment in real-time. I would rather just click on CB moments after and see how it panned out.

Apparently, you're in good company. I got invited to an event on 5/17. Guest speaker? Stephen Pagliuca.

Mike

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 12:42:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I thought this one had already been posted somewhere but I could be mistaken.

I can't put any faith in a mock draft that relies on both Sacramento and Minnesota jumping into the top 3.  1 of them, maybe, but not both.

Honestly it's just our luck dude

Why so glum, chum?

Like this one better?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25575919/nba-mock-draft-2016-providences-kris-dunn-goes-in-top-3-in-this-scenario

or this week's mock draft, we've decided to change things up a bit in order to show how dependent the draft will be on how the lottery shakes out.

Instead of going with just the No. 1 through No. 14 based on the lottery odds, we projected our own lottery outcome. The Brooklyn Nets' pick owed to the Boston Celtics came out on top, with the Lakers staying at No. 2 and the Pelicans moving up from No. 6 to No. 3. That means Philadelphia fell to No. 4, the Suns fell to No. 5, and the Timberwolves went to No. 6.

In the process, that really shook up the order of players selected. Instead of Dragan Bender going No. 3, he falls a bit, As opposed to Kris Dunn falling a bit to No. 8, he rises all the way up to No. 3. This goes to show one thing: however the lottery shakes out, it's going to really shake up the draft's Nos. 3 through 11 picks, at least. The players in that area are so tightly bunched together -- and the difference in the talent level between them and the players below them is so small -- that this draft could be rather unpredictable and the way the draft shakes out will be highly dependent on how things go on May 19.
NBA Mock Draft
Round 1
1. Boston Celtics
   Ben Simmons, SF, LSU: With the Celtics winning the lottery in this iteration of the mock draft, they are the lucky team that gets to choose between Simmons and Ingram. Do the floor-spacing starved Celts go with a big shooter in Ingram, or a more versatile weapon in Simmons? They'll undoubtedly be thrilled to have the choice, but I've gone with Simmons here as Brad Stevens tends to value guys like this heavily. Also, the Celtics' superb defense and development system would seem tailor made to get the best out of the Australian forward who has potential on that end, but nothing in the way of production. Still though, this one will come all the way down to the wire and come down to how each player interviews with teams.
2. Los Angeles Lakers
   Brandon Ingram, SF, Duke: Not a change here in the lottery, as the Lakers get lucky and stay at No. 2. Ingram is the perfect fit for them, and he'd possibly be the pick even if they ended up at No. 1. Ingram is a year younger than Simmons, can space the floor in lineups with Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson on the floor, and can possibly become an all-star to build around on the wing next to D'Angelo Russell. That would be one heck of a creative duo at the 2 and 3 spots, so the Lakers would be ecstatic to end up in this situation.
3. New Orleans Pelicans
   Kris Dunn, PG, Providence: The Pelicans get lucky here and bump down some teams to jump into the lottery. The problem with projecting their pick at this point though is that no one knows who the general manager that will be making it is going to be. Will Dell Demps keep the job? Will Mickey Loomis step into a larger role? Will it be someone different? It's just about impossible to say at this point. If it's Demps, it's almost impossible to imagine this pick being Croatian Dragan Bender, given that he's still a bit of a project at this stage. Instead, I think they would go with more of a ready-made contributor and snatch up a player like Kris Dunn, who could team well with Anthony Davis both on the offensive and defensive ends. Until we news otherwise on Demps' job, let's go with that idea.
4. Philadelphia 76ers
   Jamal Murray, SG, Kentucky: Undoubtedly, the Sixers here are the biggest losers of this draft projection, falling from No. 1 to No. 4. In his history as a general manager, Bryan Colangelo has never shied away from international players or from young, inexperienced wings with potential. But given that the Sixers' front court is full, let's shoot them a two-guard who can help them space the floor in Murray. The Kentucky product hit 40 percent of his 3s and has some potential still as a ball-handler and passer that he didn't get to show last season due to Kentucky's lack of spacing around him. He'd be a nice consolation prize.

Or just play on your own till you get one that you like:

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2016/mockdraft

No worries, this is our year for #1 or #2!!!
I like that result much better