Author Topic: space jammed by injuries  (Read 474 times)

space jammed by injuries
« on: May 05, 2016, 07:27:38 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
the celts injuries sabotaged any chance against atlanta-loss of kelly three point shooting and effect on spacing, then add his stat friendly defence
crowder s nagging injury and playing at 70% effected his shooting and his defence
then the best defencive guard in the league goes down,then a 7ft 40% three point shooter and your glue guy crowder injured is without  avery on perimeter
an atlanta packed defence focused on a 5-9 guard daring anybody else to shoot-
the best team didn't win the least injured did-injuries!!!! injuries!!! injuries!!! three players compounded

Re: space jammed by injuries
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 07:34:18 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Hawks beat us before these injuries in the regular season.   I think injuries affected us,  but make no mistake we lack talent too. It was more than injuries.

Get cheering and channeling the positive thoughts though, Rollie.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:35:58 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
have to disagree Rollie.  the better team did win.  injuries made it more of an uphill climb but Atlanta was the better team regardless of who we put on the court.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 09:57:33 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
lacking those injured we still won two and lost one by 1pt
 and had same won loss record-the point i was really trying to make was the knock on effect
, kelly alone was enough to negate spacing,kellys stats say his defence was good-so take him and avery you lose outside shooting  and the incalculable effect on defence that still has to cover for 5-9 isaiah-then crowder so important loses his touch shooting and limited by injury has to cover for loss of avery and kelly-we will never know-
we had to start jerebko and use rozier and rj-
-i even forgot isaiahs wrist-i saw it happen and knew it was effecting his layups, outside shooting  and i bet his free throws that happened in latter days of season and we lost a few-he really dropped off from outside , just  lost that automatic zone he used to have
we will never know but our team was gutted
horford looked human and not physical for the most part their bigs were contained--i'd say they were beatable if we were healthy

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 10:04:26 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Injuries clearly beat us.
Along with the refs in game 1.