Author Topic: Crowder/Bradley Effective off the Bench?  (Read 1970 times)

Crowder/Bradley Effective off the Bench?
« on: May 05, 2016, 07:20:51 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
There are certain rumors out there about us acquiring Jimmy Butler, Cousins, and/or Durant. In the very hypothetical scenario occurred, Bradley and/or Crowder would be out of the starting lineup if they weren't included in a trade for Butler or Cousins.

In this scenario, would Crowder or Bradley be effective off the bench? I personally don't think so, especially in regards to Crowder. So perhaps it would be better to trade one of them for the aforementioned stars or someone else while their value is high?

Re: Crowder/Bradley Effective off the Bench?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 07:40:31 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Crowder could play off the bench but he might not like it.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 07:52:00 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I think Bradley would be very effective in that role, though I'd personally rather start him with butler as i feel their skills compliment each other better.

Crowder could certainly be a good bench player, but having him in that role i would feel like i am holding back his career.  Id feel he could go elsewhere and have a real impact role as a starter.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:38:43 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
all we have are bench-quality players.  they'd all be better served coming off the bench behind better talent.  yes, I include IT in that sentiment. 

I wish we had the talent to be able to use him in a Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson role. 

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 09:13:41 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think both would be fantastic off the bench. I don't know how we keep both or what the trades would be but they would be phenomenal bench players.

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 09:14:31 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
They'd still likely be getting 25 plus minutes a game.

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 09:45:43 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Well I like them off the bench, as that would mean they upgraded at both those positions, which they could certainly use.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 05:23:20 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Well I like them off the bench, as that would mean they upgraded at both those positions, which they could certainly use.

With Bradley we get both his defense but also possibly an offensive sparkplug off the bench, but with Crowder he isn't an instant offense kind of guy and you can't run an offense through him, so I'm not sure about him in such a role.

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 05:39:38 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
AB to start and Crowder of the bench, would mean we have some upgrade. Also think it works well if we get a new guard or we are still starting IT.

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 08:29:42 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
all we have are bench-quality players.  they'd all be better served coming off the bench behind better talent.  yes, I include IT in that sentiment. 
I wish we had the talent to be able to use him in a Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson role.
Yup, I like the bench of IT, Bradley, Crowder, Amir, Sully   :D

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 09:53:22 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Man, the NBA must be a sad puppy these days. A team with all-bench talent can win 48 games.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 02:43:11 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
It's usually nice to have starter caliber players coming off the bench.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 02:44:13 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Man, the NBA must be a sad puppy these days. A team with all-bench talent can win 48 games.

Thanks to a certain young guy named Brad
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 02:58:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

...and the fact that, you know, we have hard working players who each fit a role. Brad is a fine coach, but you have to admire the work our players have put in to each improve their games.

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 03:00:04 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

...and the fact that, you know, we have hard working players who each fit a role. Brad is a fine coach, but you have to admire the work our players have put in to each improve their games.

This is true as well
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about