Author Topic: Would We Take Back Rondo If It Meant Getting Cousins?  (Read 4721 times)

Re: Would We Take Back Rondo If It Meant Getting Cousins?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 07:10:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
There is no player in the NBA less likely to wear a Celtics uniform during the remainder of his career than Rondo, short of him signing one of those one day contracts before he retires. I'd bet on Tim Duncan playing for the Cs before I'd place the same wager on Rondo.

For anyone who doubts me, know this: Rondo is NOT well liked in the Celtics organization, and that's putting it mildly.

how do you know this?
It's obvious, and Rondo doesn't like Ainge, that's obvious too.

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2016, 07:15:05 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
There is no player in the NBA less likely to wear a Celtics uniform during the remainder of his career than Rondo, short of him signing one of those one day contracts before he retires. I'd bet on Tim Duncan playing for the Cs before I'd place the same wager on Rondo.

For anyone who doubts me, know this: Rondo is NOT well liked in the Celtics organization, and that's putting it mildly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQuysLG2NU8

I disagree.

I think a lot of those fans do as well.

Some of us will continue to dwell on the good times - I know I do.

Some will continue to dwell on some misplaced words Rajon uttered - because we all know that Rajon got an "F" in Media 101.

Some will dwell on the train wreck in DAL - even after Coach Carlylse himself stated that DAL was a poor fit for Rondo.

I'm certain that when all is said and done Rajon Rondo will get his due, and I'm guessing that KG will give his HOF speech.

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2016, 07:18:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
And FTR I don't believe Rajon would be a good fit for us now and I'm starting to get off of the Cousins bandwagon as well.

I don't like the things I've been hearing recently about him and Coach Karl....maybe these reports are one-sided...maybe they're not. But it gives me pause.

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 07:47:45 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

You are quite correct.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2016, 07:50:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

how do you know this?
It's obvious, and Rondo doesn't like Ainge, that's obvious too.

Unless you have some sort of proof or quotes regarding them expressing personal dislike for each other you are just projecting your own feelings. He was traded from us and certainly was not a good fit at the end of his time here for the kind of offense we ran or the kind of talent we have. That being said, I don't think that means Ainge or anyone else in the organization has a personal problem of not liking him as a person. This seems over the top and silly to say (without proof)

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2016, 08:03:04 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Gross. No thank you. I'll take Cousins, but not at the expense of having to also sign a point guard who makes IT look like a top-notch defender.

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2016, 08:34:52 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Rondo won't get max but he's looking to get paid. I loved watching him play, but that ship has sailed and  the Cs have shown that they are better without him. If the Kings do trade Cousins to the Cs I doubt he cares if Rondo comes too.

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2016, 08:39:38 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Gross. No thank you. I'll take Cousins, but not at the expense of having to also sign a point guard who makes IT look like a top-notch defender.
I don't think defense is Rondo's worst attribute.

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2016, 08:43:15 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I would not be made if this happpend~

Rondo for 15 Team option for 17 the next and 19 Player option the third...

Hopefully JJ and Jae work on their outside shot!   

Rondo/IT  #second round picks to fill out the roster....
Bradley/Smart
JJ/Turner
Jae/Mikey
Cuz/KO     

Send Amir/Hunter/Young/(Terry) Terry probably being the best prospect.

#2 or what ever that lands

And give then the right to swap with us in 2017 (which includes the nets pick)

We might be able to do a sign and trade with sulley if they want him and work the deal so we get a trade exception....

Then sign Rondo.   And hopefully another FA... maybe some PF shooter that can be like a 3 D but also rebound...

Come to think of it.... I rather keep our squad.   Let sulley walk, or if he signs for 28 over 4 I'd be cool.  Team option on the 4th. 

Get the number 2 Pick.   (one of those PF studs)

And have that one Center that played for Milwaukee but smoked to much weed play for us.. 
Diggles

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2016, 09:01:41 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Rondo was still a favorite of my mine to watch, from the beginning of when he got drafted, and to when he made spectacular hustle plays in the playoffs, sacrificing his body, and showing off extreme heart.

He was always the smallest, but the loudest to prove his desire to make a point during basketball.

That being said, hopefully Rondo doesn't make his return. I don't think his playing style, and his mentality set well with Stevens. I know the two definitely had a great and professional relationship, but I wonder how much in common and enthusiasm; each other shared as player and coach.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 09:07:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
I don't think defense is Rondo's worst attribute.

Exactly, but it's still pretty bad. He's actually a top-notch defender - when he wants to be. He just never cares to play defense anymore. It was so frustrating watching him give up lane after lane in his last year and a half here.

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2016, 10:23:13 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
No knuckleheads.

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2016, 05:26:41 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
For the record, I also wouldn't want Rondo back on the team since he was a jerk to CBS his last year, and because he cares more about individual stats than winning (and as I said, he was my favorite Cs player in 2006 before he got hyped and blew up, until his last year with us).

It will just be tough because if our choice is get him (or anyone else Demarcus wants, for that matter) or else we won't get another star or two, then what choice do we have? Not giving in/having virtue don't ensure winning, and we want to win. It's a tough choice... but hopefully Demarcus won't make any demands if we are to swing a trade for him - hopefully he can change.

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2016, 07:25:30 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I for one really want Cousins on our team despite his baggage because he is such a good player and could lure Durant or another star.

Cousins is on record loving Rondo because he's a pass first PG who let's Cousins get his (and he apparently didn't like playing with IT because IT is more of a score first PG).

Now...what if we lined up a trade for Cousins but we had to sign Rondo as a FA to get Cousins on board (thus relegating IT back to his 6th man role).

Would Danny do this?

Would any of you guys do this?

Just a thought...
Rondo is not coming here.  Cousins will be a Laker before a Celtic. Butler to me is our only trade target.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2016, 07:45:02 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
NO