Author Topic: Paul George?  (Read 1796 times)

Paul George?
« on: May 04, 2016, 01:08:18 PM »

Offline Jferrari401

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Was wondering if people thought Paul George would be a possible target this offseason. I definitely don't think that he would be easy to get but the Pacers seem to be at somewhat of a crossroads right now. Bird is refusing to commit to Frank Vogel, a proven coach, for the future and the organization is clearly frustrated that they were unable to make it out of the first round.

In a series of tweets Bill Simmons discussed the possibility of George being moved. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to embed tweets but this is what he said:

"Piggybacking on what @ColinCowherd said about LAL - I believe the Lakers AND Celtics want to deal their lottery picks for impact players."
"Also hearing that the Lakers want to make a BIG run at Paul George with their top-3 pick plus other stuff. (Not that they'd get him...)"
"If the Lakers offered Indy their top-3 pick plus Russell for PG13... I mean... I don't think Indy says yes but it's def a meeting."
"The stars that could definitely be *had* in June - Boogie, Butler, maybe Love/Kyrie (if Cavs don't win title), maybe Melo (big market only)"
"I wouldn't put PG13 on that list but Bird is wired like Ainge - he'd trade anyone if you made him a ridiculous offer, he plays no favorites."

Not sure how connected he is on this topic, but it does bring up some questions. If Larry Bird decides that this Pacers team is never going to be good enough to win the title, which is most likely the truth, will he consider blowing it up? If he does, the Celtics are one of the best teams to deal with because of all of the future pieces we can offer.

Say we gave up a combination of picks and young talent, would that be enough to sway the Pacers, and is that a good route for us to take?

It's definitely a long shot, especially considering that the Pacers have other win-now players under contract, but it's not out of the realm of possibility, just because of the struggles of the past two seasons.

I told the driver Lenny swing me by the garden I gotta talk to Pat
Showed him some stacks
Then showed him the gat like ‘you’re gonna miss the finger roll right?’
Yes, Mr. Baklava

Re: Paul George?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 01:14:15 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Cmon Larry. Don't help the lakers. You can help your former team.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 01:23:51 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
If the Fakers offered a top 3 pick plus Russell for George, Indy would be nuts to turn down that package.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
If the Fakers offered a top 3 pick plus Russell for George, Indy would be nuts to turn down that package.
Probably need to be a top 2.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 01:31:48 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

It'll probably be Clarkson. Can they sign and trade him?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 01:49:33 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Larry won't let PG go no matter what the offer is.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 02:45:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Probably need to be a top 2.
at least and possibly Randle too.   Larry should make the Lakers pay a very high premium.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 02:45:34 PM »

Offline dwoumn

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'd say this is something to keep an eye on. I'd say you would have to offer a big package but PG13 could be had. Bird hasn't committed to Coach Vogel who has had them in the playoffs just about every year he's been the coach. Also Bird hasn't really provided pieces to surround PG13. Before the declines of Stephenson and Hibbert, the Pacers looked like a threat to the Heat but since both guys departed they haven't had the same success. If Bird is interested in trading PG13 what would you offer the Pacers?

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 02:50:47 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'm not sure it makes sense for the Pacers to trade him, but you never know. Odds of any individual superstar getting traded this summer very slim, but there's enough guys in play that I bet someone will get moved. One out of Boogie, Butler, Love, Irving, Griffin, George, Melo, Harden.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 02:58:58 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
If I'm LA I offer them Russell, Randle, Lou Willams and the pick.

Then I try to sign Durant. Resign Clarkson. Bring back Gasol. Maybe Marvin Williams or Dudley.

Clarkson / Dudley / Durant / George / Gasol
(Young, Williams, Nance)

Hope not.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 03:25:21 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Larry won't let PG go no matter what the offer is.

Yeah, It'd be super hard to pry him away, there's only a couple of guys who would make Bird consider it, but I bet there will be some Blake for PG trade talks.

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 03:39:40 PM »

Offline Jferrari401

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'd say this is something to keep an eye on. I'd say you would have to offer a big package but PG13 could be had. Bird hasn't committed to Coach Vogel who has had them in the playoffs just about every year he's been the coach. Also Bird hasn't really provided pieces to surround PG13. Before the declines of Stephenson and Hibbert, the Pacers looked like a threat to the Heat but since both guys departed they haven't had the same success. If Bird is interested in trading PG13 what would you offer the Pacers?

I'm not sure it makes sense for the Pacers to trade him, but you never know. Odds of any individual superstar getting traded this summer very slim, but there's enough guys in play that I bet someone will get moved. One out of Boogie, Butler, Love, Irving, Griffin, George, Melo, Harden.

I agree that it doesn't really make sense to trade a star like Paul George because it will be hard for them to get someone of his talent again, but that being said, I can't understand why Vogel wouldn't be brought back if the goal is to win now. Who would they replace Frank Vogel with?

I would definitely give up the Brooklyn pick this year and other additional picks. I'm not sure if giving up two Brooklyn picks would be worth it. If they wanted youth, we could add in Smart, Kelly, any of the rookies etc.. It really depends on what they want. If we are unable to land Durant, George is one of the next best fits for this team so if you can get him you do what it takes.
I told the driver Lenny swing me by the garden I gotta talk to Pat
Showed him some stacks
Then showed him the gat like ‘you’re gonna miss the finger roll right?’
Yes, Mr. Baklava