Author Topic: Dragan Bender 2016?  (Read 3736 times)

Dragan Bender 2016?
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:54:11 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Anyone know if he will play during the 2016-17 season? I thought he was going to stay a few years in Europe like Saric but I have heard differently. Anyone know for sure?
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

Re: Dragan Bender 2016?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 11:41:34 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
He doesn't seem to play anywhere, including where he is in Israel.

What a horrific mistake he would be as a draft pick.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 11:50:23 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I think he intends to, but I doubt any competent coach will let him on the floor.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:16:31 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
As far as I can tell, he will be in the US for the start of the 16-17 season.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 02:56:47 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
It was assumed that he'd stay in Europe but he's said he'll come over this summer I think. There was a thread on it a few weeks back

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 05:44:56 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I think he intends to, but I doubt any competent coach will let him on the floor.

Tend to agree.

Unless said coach works for the sixers or Lakers, maybe.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:46:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Tend to agree.

Unless said coach works for the sixers or Lakers, maybe.

I hope Danny does not draft bender with the Nets pick

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 06:49:30 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
He's the consensus BPA at #3. And that's without the hype machine that is March Madness behind him. Workouts will separate him from the rest and then people will have to come round to the idea.. or be stubborn I guess

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 08:05:36 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
He's the consensus BPA at #3. And that's without the hype machine that is March Madness behind him. Workouts will separate him from the rest and then people will have to come round to the idea.. or be stubborn I guess

Disagree

Too early to tell

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 08:42:21 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

Disagree

Too early to tell

It is too early to tell. As it stands my judgement goes one way and yours another. Until he comes for workouts it won't be clear who he really is.

I have a feeling that all this discussion won't matter at all because the pick will get traded! But it's still fun to have the discussion :)

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 08:46:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Disagree

Too early to tell

It is too early to tell. As it stands my judgement goes one way and yours another. Until he comes for workouts it won't be clear who he really is.

I have a feeling that all this discussion won't matter at all because the pick will get traded! But it's still fun to have the discussion :)

But for who?

Is it Butler? Bc that is the sort of calibre of player we need to get back in return.

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 09:11:29 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
If we draft him, it seems like his skill set is too similar to Olynyk's which would make him redundant. From what I have seen Bender is a more fluid athlete than Olynyk, rendering him expendable.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 09:20:31 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
He doesn't seem to play anywhere, including where he is in Israel.

What a horrific mistake he would be as a draft pick.

Just curious, Coach.  What was your opinion of Porzingis going into the draft the last two years?  Honest question.

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 09:38:27 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I too think that picking that high Bender is a mistake comparable only to Cavs picking Bennet

Putting Porzignis and Bender in the same sentence is wrong. Porzignis was drafted as an accomplished ACB player. he did good in the toughest championship not named NBA

Bender is a completely unproven commodity. His is a tall agile guy. Everything else is projections and hopes. he plays in a very weak league and failed to get play time.

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 10:01:20 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

Disagree

Too early to tell

But for who?

Is it Butler? Bc that is the sort of calibre of player we need to get back in return.

My prediction is Cousins gets traded. I think DA has set up for this. When the dust settles on the season I think Sac will look to reset and build a young team for the arena move. There was a Marc Gasol rumour I saw on this forum but I think Conley will re-sign and thats the end of that. I wouldn't be surprised if DA pulled off a trade that we aren't thinking of as well, maybe someone like Bledsoe or Favors