Author Topic: What teams are signing Sullinger and Zeller to offer sheets?  (Read 3470 times)

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Not sure this has been discussed much, but what teams will be interested in Sully and Zeller and how much do you think they could get offered by other teams?

I'm assuming we will submit qualifying offers to both, any possibility that other teams have the same concerns as we do and are cautious to overpay them or is every team going to hand out 8-figure/year contracts like candy in this offseason's cap space bonanza?

I think there's a chance, if other teams are prudent and not in love with Sully and Zeller, that we could get them back for another year for their qualifying offers.

Re: What teams are signing Sullinger and Zeller to offer sheets?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 08:31:19 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If we offer a penny to Sullinger it's crazy.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 08:42:01 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51

Hoopshype estimates Sullinger's qualifying offer to be 327,000,300 pennies.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 10:49:43 AM »

Offline hagar55voa

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I think some teams will be interested in Zeller because he's 7' and can run the floor...I'm not so sure about Sullinger...

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 10:53:40 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'd love to see Sulky have to play for the minimum. He's made enough millions. He insults his teammates coming in fat. Undermines the organisation too. Let's everyone down. Shouldn't be tolerated or rewarded. ESPECIALLY with a starting gig regardless of the other hardworking guys stink.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 10:57:12 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I'd love to see Sulky have to play for the minimum. He's made enough millions. He insults his teammates coming in fat. Undermines the organisation too. Let's everyone down. Shouldn't be tolerated or rewarded. ESPECIALLY with a starting gig regardless of the other hardworking guys stink.

I think you'll get your wish, but that's 6 years off at least.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 11:07:37 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think each will get at least a few offers.  They're both serviceable rotation players that would help a number of teams coming off the bench. 

Sully's playoff fiasco this year probably cut the size of his offer but he won't be playing for anywhere near the minimum based on his playoffs last year and the fact he's our best rebounder, solid passer and can finish around the basket.  That's worth something in this league.

Zeller's got height, is mobile for a big man and has some offensive game (which could be exploited better than we've done).  That's also worth something in this league.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 11:12:17 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

It's actually 443,368,200 pennies, since he meets the "starter criteria", thus raising his QO amount to that of the 9th pick from his class.

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 11:16:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I don't think Sully can ever get in control of his weight .   If MILLONS of dollars  can not motivate you to do your job ..... then he is just too weak minded for me.  He is young and still can easily be the weight of his last year in college .

If he was 35 or older then I understand.   

I think Sully will just go down hill myself.

Not sure of Zeller issue ,  he a tuffer went he first arrived .  Now it seems he is on the KO girly plan, stare at the rebound and not go after it.

Of the two .....I d rather keep Zeller .

Both sucked when we needed them .   

KO is walking thin ice in my book as well.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 04:58:13 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Sully's last couple of months were awful but he is not as bad a player as some celticbros argue.

If we can get him on a cheap two year deal, I'd be pretty happy.

About Zeller now, it depends on which other bigs we sign/trade for, but again he's a useful back up to have during the regular season (although he is borderline useless for the playoffs).

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 05:09:53 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Sully's last couple of months were awful but he is not as bad a player as some celticbros argue.

About Zeller now, it depends on which other bigs we sign/trade for, but again he's a useful back up to have during the regular season (although he is borderline useless for the playoffs).

Sullinger was one of the best players on the team all year long.  He ran into a horrendous matchup against Atlanta.  Had we made it to Cleveland, everyone would be singing a different tune about his value.

He was by far the best rebounder on the team.  He was a high in the ranking for net rating, and was really underrated for his defense all year long.

We are definitely giving him the qualifying offer, and then it is up to the rest of the league to make the decision for us.  If someone breaks the bank @ 10M or more per for him, we let him walk and say thank you for your play here. 

If someone doesn't, I think $8-$9M per year for Sully is a good deal given his talent.

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 05:13:38 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

It's actually 443,368,200 pennies, since he meets the "starter criteria", thus raising his QO amount to that of the 9th pick from his class.

Or ten times that, since that is $443k =).

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 05:21:17 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I wonder if Brooklyn might make Sully an offer.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 05:37:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sully's game isn't really made for the Celtics offensive system so I am sure his offense suffered at least a little bit because of it. He needs to be shooting the ball from 15 feet and in and only jumping out to set screens in a pick and roll manner. Of course, being in terrible shape also doesn't help. He will need to get himself thinner. That should improve some of his shooting woes but so should a coach that puts him in a better position to take more efficient shots.

Many of his other stats on the advanced side are quite good. For that reason, I think many of the Sullinger distractors on this site are going to be quite surprised by what Sully ends up signing for and then will call the team and management that signs him morons. But I could be completely wrong as well. We will see.

Zeller is a journeyman bench big. he will get signed elsewhere but at short money and he will have the same role on that team as he did on this Celtics team, that of 4th or 5th big getting sparse minutes unless injuries force his use.

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 05:43:48 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

He always does better in the beginning of the season, until his fatness catches up with him.  He can't play at that weight all season in the NBA and he isn't doing what he needs to do to get a more realistic body.