Author Topic: According to Doc: No trade for Clips Big 3-  (Read 1078 times)

According to Doc: No trade for Clips Big 3-
« on: May 03, 2016, 03:29:11 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I'm actually glad - I don't think Blake Griffin is good enough to anchor a championship team. Currently Jordan is the only one on that team that I'd trade for.

Doc Rivers said Monday that he would not break up the Los Angeles Clippers' big three of Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan during the offseason -- regardless of any trade offers that may arise.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15448360/los-angeles-clippers-trade-chris-paul-blake-griffin-deandre-jordan

Re: According to Doc: No trade for Clips Big 3-
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 03:33:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Well, Doc being the GM and coach, I'd say thats a pretty solid statement. I don't see why he would want to trade any of them, he's not looking forward to a rebuild, I think he would rather retire that rebuild, so it makes sense for him to keep his core and try to add to them with what he's got.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 03:37:08 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Still think if the Cavs call and offer Irving for Paul that L.A. would do it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 03:51:13 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Did anyone read the article? the direct quotes from Doc was

''I think they all want to come back, and we're going to make a strong effort to bring all our guys back.

The author extrapolated that he wouldn't break up their big 3, but at no point did Doc actually say that. This is bad reporting because they exaggerated what Doc said and made a headline out of it.

The article was written for the AP so it's going to show up a lot of places and make news but really Doc never said he's not trading the big 3. There is a huge difference between we are going to make a strong effort to bring everyone back and we are not trading our big 3.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 04:01:00 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Still think if the Cavs call and offer Irving for Paul that L.A. would do it.

I don't think so. If we all know anything about Doc, it's that he can get a little too attached to players especially when he has an off-court relationship with them. I think it'd take a King's Ransom to get Doc to move CP3. I do think Irving would be a better fit with Griffin and DJ if LA's really moving forward with them at the 4 and 5. Age-wise, it makes sense.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 06:32:49 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Did anyone read the article? the direct quotes from Doc was

''I think they all want to come back, and we're going to make a strong effort to bring all our guys back.

The author extrapolated that he wouldn't break up their big 3, but at no point did Doc actually say that. This is bad reporting because they exaggerated what Doc said and made a headline out of it.

The article was written for the AP so it's going to show up a lot of places and make news but really Doc never said he's not trading the big 3. There is a huge difference between we are going to make a strong effort to bring everyone back and we are not trading our big 3.

excellent point evantime. IMO unless Doc has gone bananas he should at least try to trade Griffin.