Author Topic: Is anyone else worried about this Pacers coaching situation with Brad?  (Read 5326 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2637270-frank-vogel-latest-news-rumors-speculation-on-pacers-coachs-future

So, apparently Bird is undecided about Vogel's future, and we all know that with Brad being an Indy boy himself, coach of the Indiana Pacers is pretty much his dream job. I know he's under contract, but so was Doc. I wonder if any discussions have happened there and if Danny would ever let him out of his contract if Brad asked him.

Perhaps we could get George out of the deal if so!  ;) In all seriousness, though, you have to think that is Brad's dream job, especially being back in his home state.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Not at all.  Pacers aren't in a great situation and I think Stevens would wonder what's going on when Vogel gets fired.  He seems to be pretty close with Vogel and think a lot of him.  I also think firing Vogel would be a big mistake.  Bird needs to do a better job as the GM.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
About as worried as I was when those nonsense rumors arose about Stevens bolting back to college hoops to fill the next head coach vacancy at a big name school.

Not that I have any inside information, but I suspect Brad is happy here. 

1) He has a great working relationship with ownership and Ainge.
2) He's built something here with the Celtics, and his hard work is paying off.  We've gotten better each year.
3) He has respect from his players, the media, and other coaches and players around the league.
4) He has a chance to go down as a coaching great in basketball's greatest franchise.
5) Our future looks bright.  We have a young roster, cap space, and lots of assets.

I'm sure there's more, but you get the point.  Maybe if he's yearning to go home, it might be possible.  But I won't believe it until it happens.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
He's under contract, so there's nothing to be worried about. Danny knows how valuable Brad is.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
How is pushing the 2 seed to a 7th game that is close on the road with a rotation that includes solomon Hill and rodney stuckey, plus Mahimi and Hill starting an underachievement? I get that Paul Pierce is great, and Ellis is ok, but the roster aside from that is really mediocre. Turner looks like he will be good, but asking more from him than what he gave as a rookie is crazy.

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
No

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
He's under contract, so there's nothing to be worried about. Danny knows how valuable Brad is.

TP.

He's under contract. End of (non-) story.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

TP.

But the thing is, wasn't doc also under contract?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Not even a little bit nervous.

Why would he leave Boston for Indiana? He has experienced the home court that the Boston fans can provide and he's not going anywhere.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

TP.

Brad came in knowing it was a rebuilding team.

Now after 3 years of improving their record , and having the ability to add 2-3 major pieces , he is just going to leave ?

Man, you guys are just looking for something to talk about I guess....

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

TP.

Now after 3 years of improving their record , and having the ability to add 2-3 major pieces , he is just going to leave ?

I'm not worried that he's gonna leave. I was just comparing scenarios.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
He's a good coach but I'm more concerned with signing great players. As long as we have a well respected coach I don't waste time worrying. If he wants to go he can go. Ainge is our most valuable asset. NOT Stevens in my opinion. Now if Ainge wanted to retire? Then I'd be worried.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Not at all worried. Brad is building something good here in boston and he's getting tons of respect for the job he's done. I can't see him bolting for a far riskier situation in Indiana, and I can't imagine Danny would let him.

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
No reason to worry whatsoever.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

TP.

I'm not worried that he's gonna leave. I was just comparing scenarios.

Doc wanted nothing to do with rebuilding, the Clippers wanted him, and Danny was willing to let him go. I think it's safe to say that that was an entirely different situation.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers