Author Topic: Durant will never get back to Finals with OKC  (Read 1993 times)

Re: Durant will never get back to Finals with OKC
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 06:34:33 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
A mid-round draftee won't start at PF for an aspiring contender. I don't think that squad makes the ECF. Not enough firepower.

I call BS on this premise.  All the below PFs, it is hard to be has happened.

AC Green was drafted  23,  Larry Nance at 20, Zach Randolph at 19,  Shawn Kemp at 17, Dr. J at 12, Paul Milsap at 30,  Draymond Green at 35.   Green, Kemp and Draymond played in NBA finals.  Green and Draymond won titles, AC won three, Draymond one.

http://basketball-players.pointafter.com/stories/3559/greatest-nba-player-draft-position#19-no-12-julius-erving

Yes, I'm with you Celtics. Not enough firepower??

Cousins
 Durant
 Thomas
 Bradley

That's a lot of firepower right there, and Sabonis would be a perfect role player wit the those guys minus the ability to stretch the court.

Smart and Crowder perfect role players as well.

No bench scoring. Reminds me a lot of OKC currently.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 06:52:27 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I was thinking about this.

Boston has no one as good as Russ Westbrook. I love IT, but he's definitely a notch below.

Boston also has no frontcourt players as good as Ibaka or Steven Adams.

Convincing Durant that he has a better shot at reaching the Finals by coming to a lesser roster will take some real doing.
''I have to Imagine that the C's would also sign his choice of big man Dwight/Horford/ Whiteside  , and let him know they are trading for a 3rd star ( Butler/Cousins/ Beal / Marc Gasol  types)

Yeah, Ainge would have to make some sort of pitch like that. Bold moves. Grand vision.

I would love to hear it.

I am on record as saying there is very little reason for Durant to leave Westbrook and OKC, especially with the supporting cast they have.  In my view there are only a few possible reasons this could occur, and they aren't likely:

- He hates Billy Donovan, or doesn't think Donavan is any good, or is p---ed that Brooks got canned for the guy.

- He wants to get back at OKC ownership for trading Harden, which has to be a top-10 worst NBA trade ever.

[my very long shot but it wouldn't shock me reason...]

- He secretly wants to leave Westbrook and knows and that best decision for the both of them would be to part ways.

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 07:12:05 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I was thinking about this.

Boston has no one as good as Russ Westbrook. I love IT, but he's definitely a notch below.

Boston also has no frontcourt players as good as Ibaka or Steven Adams.

Convincing Durant that he has a better shot at reaching the Finals by coming to a lesser roster will take some real doing.
''I have to Imagine that the C's would also sign his choice of big man Dwight/Horford/ Whiteside  , and let him know they are trading for a 3rd star ( Butler/Cousins/ Beal / Marc Gasol  types)

Yeah, Ainge would have to make some sort of pitch like that. Bold moves. Grand vision.

I would love to hear it.

I am on record as saying there is very little reason for Durant to leave Westbrook and OKC, especially with the supporting cast they have.  In my view there are only a few possible reasons this could occur, and they aren't likely:

- He hates Billy Donovan, or doesn't think Donavan is any good, or is p---ed that Brooks got canned for the guy.

- He wants to get back at OKC ownership for trading Harden, which has to be a top-10 worst NBA trade ever.

[my very long shot but it wouldn't shock me reason...]

- He secretly wants to leave Westbrook and knows and that best decision for the both of them would be to part ways.

First is doubtful about hating Donovan more likely he wished they got a more established NBA coach

Second is understandable but less likely a guy leaves a good team just because of a bad trade that occurred a couple years ago

Third is plausible but we haven't really seen any major conflict between the two to suggest that

I agree that Durant has little reason to leave okc considering they already have a top 10 player playing next to him
Which most teams looking to sign him won't have
I think he signs perhaps a 1 year deal and sees how they fair the next season and sees what Westbrook does next summer

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 07:14:58 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think he signs perhaps a 1 year deal and sees how they fair the next season and sees what Westbrook does next summer

I lean this way too.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 07:53:24 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Agreed Lucky but he's in the East now, so it's a different story.