Author Topic: Durant will never get back to Finals with OKC  (Read 1990 times)

Durant will never get back to Finals with OKC
« on: May 02, 2016, 05:22:40 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The Warrior's have the most well rounded starting five and bench I've ever seen. The Spurs will beat them in Five games, possibly even sweep them.

I literally think he has a 1% chance of even returning to the finals if he signs a Max Deal in OKC. If he came to Boston, my pitch would be we will be in the Finals in two years and be returning often.

We may not be able to beat the West either, but at least he will get a crack at a ring, that's the pitch.

Re: Durant will never get back to Finals with OKC
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 05:25:19 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Bogut and Iggy and getting up and age for GSW, might lose Barnes if they don't give him the full Max

Duncan Ginobili and Parker are about ready to retire in a few years , Maybe Pop too

That's all I got....

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 05:27:23 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I was thinking about this.

Boston has no one as good as Russ Westbrook. I love IT, but he's definitely a notch below.

Boston also has no frontcourt players as good as Ibaka or Steven Adams.

Convincing Durant that he has a better shot at reaching the Finals by coming to a lesser roster will take some real doing.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 05:31:27 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Boston has no one as good as Russ Westbrook. I love IT, but he's definitely a notch below.

Convincing Durant that he has a better shot at reaching the Finals by coming to a lesser roster will take some real doing.
''I have to Imagine that the C's would also sign his choice of big man Dwight/Horford/ Whiteside  , and let him know they are trading for a 3rd star ( Butler/Cousins/ Beal / Marc Gasol  types)

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 05:34:02 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

''I have to Imagine that the C's would also sign his choice of big man Dwight/Horford/ Whiteside  , and let him know they are trading for a 3rd star ( Butler/Cousins/ Beal / Marc Gasol  types)

Yeah, Ainge would have to make some sort of pitch like that. Bold moves. Grand vision.

I would love to hear it.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
If I was a player I would have this be a real factor in my decision.  I have to imagine it has to be for someone like Durant but we will see.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 05:40:51 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
The thing with coming to Bos Durant would pretty much be choosing his own path to the title .

He would have a team full of cap space and assets to build a team he likes .

In okc , they would have to re-sign Ibaka and Stevens in a few years , and we saw how the Harden situation turned out by them being cheap.

Bos definitely would pay high lux tax for contending team . He gets to a system where it isn't just him and Westbrook taking turns on iso, He also goes to East and only has to contend with the Cavs .

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 05:46:19 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

The real point is this fellas, Come to the East Kevin. Come home to the East. You can and will dominate this conference.
 We are a team on the rise. We have Ainge who's done it before, the best Young Coach in the NBA. We have the Money and Assets to land you and Cousins plus high picks for two more years.

Next year.

Cousins
 Sabonis
 Durant
 Bradley
 Thomas

Crowder, Smart, Kelly, JJ, Turner

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 05:47:07 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
If they get swept and take losses like in game one, you'd have to think Durant would give serious considerations to leaving.

GO SPURS!!

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 06:01:28 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

The real point is this fellas, Come to the East Kevin. Come home to the East. You can and will dominate this conference.
 We are a team on the rise. We have Ainge who's done it before, the best Young Coach in the NBA. We have the Money and Assets to land you and Cousins plus high picks for two more years.

Next year.

Cousins
 Sabonis
 Durant
 Bradley
 Thomas

A mid-round draftee won't start at PF for an aspiring contender. I don't think that squad makes the ECF. Not enough firepower.

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 06:10:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
A mid-round draftee won't start at PF for an aspiring contender. I don't think that squad makes the ECF. Not enough firepower.

I call BS on this premise.  All the below PFs, it is hard to be has happened.

AC Green was drafted  23,  Larry Nance at 20, Zach Randolph at 19,  Shawn Kemp at 17, Dr. J at 12, Paul Milsap at 30,  Draymond Green at 35.   Green, Kemp and Draymond played in NBA finals.  Green and Draymond won titles, AC won three, Draymond one.

http://basketball-players.pointafter.com/stories/3559/greatest-nba-player-draft-position#19-no-12-julius-erving

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 06:11:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
It's gonna be Spurs and Cavs

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 06:20:59 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

AC Green was drafted  23,  Larry Nance at 20, Zach Randolph at 19,  Shawn Kemp at 17, Dr. J at 12, Paul Milsap at 30,  Draymond Green at 35.   Green, Kemp and Draymond played in NBA finals.  Green and Draymond won titles, AC won three, Draymond one.

http://basketball-players.pointafter.com/stories/3559/greatest-nba-player-draft-position#19-no-12-julius-erving

Yes, I'm with you Celtics. Not enough firepower??

Cousins
 Durant
 Thomas
 Bradley

That's a lot of firepower right there, and Sabonis would be a perfect role player wit the those guys minus the ability to stretch the court.

Smart and Crowder perfect role players as well.

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 06:31:56 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Next year.

Cousins
 Sabonis
 Durant
 Bradley
 Thomas

How are you getting Boogie without giving up smart, crowder, or bradley? did you only give up The Pick?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

They all won as rookies?

If you land Durant, the window is NOW. Not when Sabonis rounds into form.