Author Topic: My Thoughts on the Celtics Off-season  (Read 4087 times)

Re: My Thoughts on the Celtics Off-season
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2016, 09:51:51 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I could absolutely see that happening, but I have my concerns.

Not many 18 year olds have his feel for the game. I like his three point shot better long-term than I like Hield's. He may not be super explosive, but his agility and feel in tight spaces is elite.

I obviously like Simmons the best, but I don't think that Murray is as far behind Ingram as people think. That's why I'm ok with landing 3rd.

We'd need to figure out what to do with the rest of our guards, but picking early is about picking the best player available.

I completely agree with that sentiment. In the top 5-10, BPA is the only proper strategy.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2016, 09:52:47 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Lose Bender from your big board and it gets stronger.  He did not produce overseas in the Israeli league, how many of those guys break into the league and do well.   Name a few???

Sully has to go, four years of non professionalism and get a big that plays on both ends.  Zeller is the perfect third stringer.

Bender is 6th for a reason, but I don't want to undervalue him. He has elite size and athleticism, while also having an outside shot and transition ability.

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2016, 09:54:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If he gets the playing time (which is hard when guys ahead of him are more settled as players in their roles), I think he could be at 20 mpg, 10 ppg, 4 rpg, 2 apg, on 42% 32% 78%. He is a more competitive Eric Bledsoe.

Rozier looks way more comfortable than Smart at scoring in every way except posting up. Rozier has left and right hand finishing and floaters. He has step-backs, the mid-range game, and very consistent form on his outside jumpshot. I think Smart has some of those things in his game, but he is far more raw in terms of rhythm and feel for getting those shots.

Agree to disagree on Crowder and Bradley. I could see both of them getting more confident in their roles, but not adding anything of significant value to a team offense.
A more competitive Eric Bledsoe? Bledseo is an absolute stud. I see Bledsoe as Terrys best case scenario.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2016, 09:57:48 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
If he gets the playing time (which is hard when guys ahead of him are more settled as players in their roles), I think he could be at 20 mpg, 10 ppg, 4 rpg, 2 apg, on 42% 32% 78%. He is a more competitive Eric Bledsoe.

Rozier looks way more comfortable than Smart at scoring in every way except posting up. Rozier has left and right hand finishing and floaters. He has step-backs, the mid-range game, and very consistent form on his outside jumpshot. I think Smart has some of those things in his game, but he is far more raw in terms of rhythm and feel for getting those shots.

Agree to disagree on Crowder and Bradley. I could see both of them getting more confident in their roles, but not adding anything of significant value to a team offense.
A more competitive Eric Bledsoe? Bledseo is an absolute stud. I see Bledsoe as Terrys best case scenario.

Stud, yes. Durable? No. Mentally strong? Meh.

I like Rozier better for those reasons.

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2016, 02:16:28 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
The possibilities with six possible draft results (each with it's own machinations), Free Agency and trades are dizzying at times. I guess the first domino to fall is the draft - that is not to say that lots of ground work (where legal) won't have been done by then. DA and the front office must have plans, fall back plans and special emergency fall back plans.

How much does the draft affect things after it has played out? Well, even while it is still being played out wheels for contingencies will be set in motion. As far as FA and trades go, the draft will have an influence though I am not sure how great. Does getting Simmons change the tack or help attract a big fish? Without asking individual big fish it is hard to know how much relevance the draft has for them.

Because IT is becoming the face of the franchise, he is the closest thing we have to being safe from trade, not to mention his contributions. Despite some promise from Rozier, none of the younger players for me are must keep players. I am nearly ready now though to just sit back and let DA do his stuff.