Author Topic: Who are you rooting for? Cavs or Hawks?  (Read 7720 times)

Re: Who are you rooting for? Cavs or Hawks?
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2016, 09:28:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hawks, duh.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2016, 09:29:24 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Rooting for the Cavs. Nobody else in the East is a worthy competitor to the Spurs or Warriors. W's-Raps would be a farce. Don't love Lebron, but you can't deny that he's fun to watch.

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2016, 09:31:59 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Screw Dennis Schroeder and Jeff Teague. Go Cavs I guess. I don't like LeBron, but at least he has some class.

the guy that undermines the refs after they dare call a foul on him? yeah he's all class.

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2016, 09:37:48 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
Rooting for the Cavs. Nobody else in the East is a worthy competitor to the Spurs or Warriors. W's-Raps would be a farce. Don't love Lebron, but you can't deny that he's fun to watch.

I don't find him fun to watch. He was pre Heat days but now I put him up there with Harden as the least entertaining superstars in the league. Bull rush, free throw, repeat.

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2016, 09:56:34 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I don't find him fun to watch. He was pre Heat days but now I put him up there with Harden as the least entertaining superstars in the league. Bull rush, free throw, repeat.

TP...You forgot "whine to refs" which should be inserted after "bull rush" and after "free throw".

So it should look like: Bull rush, whine to refs, free throw, whine to refs, repeat, ad nauseum.

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2016, 10:05:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Hawks will be lucky to win A game.

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2016, 05:11:44 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I'm always rooting against Cleveland, and it would be nice to see Atlanta win the series so we could feel that our first-round loss had some meaning. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks getting swept again.

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2016, 07:28:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What a stud Tristant Thompson is.  Wasn't Jared Sullinger suppose to be our version );

14 rebounds with many being on the offensive end

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2016, 12:01:49 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I respect the talent of Labron, and his effort. But I just can't stand the way he hunts down NBA championship rings, like a dog looking for his next meal. Without consideration for the teams or fans he leaves behind in his quest for the next ring.

Jordan waited for the Bulls to grow into a championship team, so did Larry, and Magic. All retiring with the same organization they began with.

I'm rooting for Atlanta, but they'll be lucky to win a game.

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2016, 12:14:12 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Cavs for Cleveland that city is cursed. Would like to see them win something to be happy at least once. Plus I don't want LeBron jumping ship to a super team.

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2016, 12:23:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
want to see LeBron bring the city of Cleveland a title. They've suffered enough.

Gross.

x2

How can that be more rewarding vs

for me...I would much rather the Cavs win rather than GS or San Antonio. As much as I like Duncan and want him to go out on top, I'd much rather the CITY OF CLEVELAND get a title. I love Curry but he won it last year. The Cavs FINALLY bringing it for the city would be great story lines. 
then let the Indians or Browns step up.  screw Lebron

Exactly. Any fanbase that gets dissed and dumped like Cleveland was by Bron Bron and then welcomes the disser/dumper back with open arms, well, that desperation deserves no respect and will get none from me.

The image of that spoiled brat taking off his Cavs jersey (with disdain and disgust) as he entered the tunnel before he even got to the locker room after losing that elimination game spoke volumes as to what his plans were to leave Cleveland shortly thereafter. Disingenuous chump.

Go Hawks!
There's 2 other perks to Cleveland losing as well:
1. Forcing Bron into a difficult situation where he again has to strongly consider bolting for greener pastures.  The meltdown in Cleveland would probably outdo the last time he left so he may be stuck playing the next contract for this also-ran franchise or becoming an even more-reviled person in his hometown
2. Seeing the Cavs go down the toilet if Bron bolts knowing they gave up a franchise player in Wiggins to get Love to placate Bron.  Cavs won't be bad enough to get a high pick with Kyrie and Love but won't be nearly good enough to do any damage in the playoffs (if they even make it).

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2016, 12:33:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I respect the talent of Labron, and his effort. But I just can't stand the way he hunts down NBA championship rings, like a dog looking for his next meal. Without consideration for the teams or fans he leaves behind in his quest for the next ring.

Jordan waited for the Bulls to grow into a championship team, so did Larry, and Magic. All retiring with the same organization they began with.

Lebron was in Cleveland for 7 years.  7 years in, Chicago was the defending NBA champion (on their way to 2 more consecutively), L.A. had won 3 titles and had appeared in 2 others, and Boston was the defending champion and had 3 title total and another finals appearance.  Cleveland had reached just 1 finals and was coming off a 2nd round loss.  How much time is someone supposed to wait for the franchise to get its head out of its bum.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2016, 12:40:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Lebron was in Cleveland for 7 years.  7 years in, Chicago was the defending NBA champion (on their way to 2 more consecutively), L.A. had won 3 titles and had appeared in 2 others, and Boston was the defending champion and had 3 title total and another finals appearance.  Cleveland had reached just 1 finals and was coming off a 2nd round loss.  How much time is someone supposed to wait for the franchise to get its head out of its bum.
I don't think the core issue with Bron going to the Heat was that he left Cleveland as a free agent.  it was the manner in which he did so.
1. that embarrassing drama otherwise known as 'the Decision'.
2. that false humility in his statement "I'm taking my talents to South Beach"
3. ganging up with Wade and Bosh to try to create a superteam (ala the 2008 Celtics) to try to 'guarantee' not a just a title but multiple titles
4. the post-Decision press conference with Wade where they announce how many titles they're going to win.  (which serves as a delicious meal of eating crow for Bron to be served up on many occasions)

behavior most unbecoming of the league's poster child of entitlement.  Even Jordan had to win a title before being anointed the best of anything. 

even upon his return to Cleveland in his 'charitable' attempt to bring a title to his home town, he still didn't commit to his words by only signing a 2 year deal so he can bolt if the going isn't the breeze he requires.

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2016, 12:49:07 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I root for LeBron to lose every game he ever plays in unless his team winning directly benefits the Celtics. He's a great player, but easily the most babied player I've ever seen in this league.

Still can't understand why the Cavs fans have welcomed him back. I understand his PR team wrote a letter, but that's all it took? He was the most-hated person in Cleveland for 4 years, then suddenly he's a hero again. Pure hypocrisy.

Also, as an Ohioan that's lived in Cleveland for years, for those who think the Cavs fans have been through a lot, I completely disagree. The vast majority of them can't name more than a player or two that's ever played for the Cavs on a team that didn't include LeBron. Those aren't diehard fans. Browns fans are diehard fans that deserve a title. Cavs fans are by in large bandwaggoners. I assume the Cavs win this series (and the next) rather easily, but am rooting for the opposite.

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2016, 12:53:17 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Also, people refuse to blame LeBron for the Cavs failure to win a title in his first tenure in Cleveland. The popular narrative is that he had to carry those teams, had no help, etc. Did he have any other superstars as his teammates? No, but plenty of other all-time NBA greats have done more with less talented rosters than LeBron had. The other guys on those teams made a ton of clutch plays to win games and playoff series in that era, and quite often saved LeBron's ass late in games.