Author Topic: Who are you rooting for? Cavs or Hawks?  (Read 7667 times)

Re: Who are you rooting for? Cavs or Hawks?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 03:07:36 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Live in Cleveland area so it would be great for the city.  Plus, as Roy says Cleveland is the only team in the East that can give either San An or GS an actual series.  Plus, as Tim says if Atlanta wins I can't see Horford leaving (he might not anyway). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 03:09:06 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Really surprised by the answers so far.

I just can't ever see myself rooting for a Lebron-led team, unless of course he came to the Cs...yep, I'm a hypocrite.

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 03:09:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
want to see LeBron bring the city of Cleveland a title. They've suffered enough.

Gross.

x2

How can that be more rewarding vs

for me...I would much rather the Cavs win rather than GS or San Antonio. As much as I like Duncan and want him to go out on top, I'd much rather the CITY OF CLEVELAND get a title. I love Curry but he won it last year. The Cavs FINALLY bringing it for the city would be great story lines. 
then let the Indians or Browns step up.  screw Lebron

Exactly. Any fanbase that gets dissed and dumped like Cleveland was by Bron Bron and then welcomes the disser/dumper back with open arms, well, that desperation deserves no respect and will get none from me.

The image of that spoiled brat taking off his Cavs jersey (with disdain and disgust) as he entered the tunnel before he even got to the locker room after losing that elimination game spoke volumes as to what his plans were to leave Cleveland shortly thereafter. Disingenuous chump.

Go Hawks!

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 03:18:52 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I want Lebron to lose in the Finals again. I think the Warriors or the Spurs can take Cleveland out in 6. And I have no sympathy for the city of Cleveland or it's fans. The place is a dump and that's why they all move down to where I live and make traffic worse.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 03:21:01 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1948
Rooting for the Hawks, easily, even if I don't care for some of their players.  But unless the injury bug strikes, I don't see how they beat Cleveland in a 7 game series.  I predicted Atlanta to beat Cleveland in last years playoffs in 7 games and instead they ended up getting swept.  Not going to make that mistake again.

I find it difficult to feel sorry for Cleveland when they've had the #1 pick 3 times out of the last 5 drafts, and 4 times since 2003.  I suppose I can empathize with the true hardcore Cavs fans, but as far as the Cavs organization goes I don't feel bad for them at all.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 03:29:32 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Totally Hawks.  I will root against Lebron against anyone.  Even Riley, Wade, and the Heat.  I'd rather the Lakers win than Lebron. 

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 03:33:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I think Lebron not winning a championship is good for entertaining basketball overall. Him and Kyrie (a lot of the time) play really boring one on one basketball because they are are very good one on one players (much like OKC with Durant and Westbrook). I believe that a team that whips the ball around like Golden State, San Antonio and at times, our beloved Celtics, should always beat that style of play. I want to see other teams mimic that style of play than going back in the direction of 1 on 1 basketball. It is a much more entertaining product when it is built on a team and coaching rather than individual talent (talent plays such a huge role as it is). I also really don't want to see Tyron Lue win a title in his first year as coach after the way Blatt was forced out.

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 03:34:57 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I think Lebron not winning a championship is good for entertaining basketball overall. Him and Kyrie (a lot of the time) play really boring one on one basketball because they are are very good one on one players (much like OKC with Durant and Westbrook). I believe that a team that whips the ball around like Golden State, San Antonio and at times, our beloved Celtics, should always beat that style of play. I want to see other teams mimic that style of play than going back in the direction of 1 on 1 basketball. It is a much more entertaining product when it is built on a team and coaching rather than individual talent (talent plays such a huge role as it is). I also really don't want to see Tyron Lue win a title in his first year as coach after the way Blatt was forced out.

THANK YOU! Finally some common sense! TP

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2016, 03:36:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I never root for LeBron's Cavs 2.0 team. Atlanta it is.

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2016, 03:38:41 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Most of us can't help but play the "what if" game.

What if Bradley wasn't out, what if Crowder and Olynyk weren't playing injured, what if the C's had won (or lost) just one more game during the regular season, etc.

I think it would be hard to swallow seeing another team beat the Cavs before the Finals, knowing what that could have meant for the C's as a #3 seed (or to a lesser extent as a healthy team).  Especially with Toronto looking so beatable in Round 1.

It will help me sleep at night seeing Atlanta get destroyed in Round 2.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 03:45:06 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
Most of us can't help but play the "what if" game.

What if Bradley wasn't out, what if Crowder and Olynyk weren't playing injured, what if the C's had won just one more game during the regular season, etc.

I think it would be hard to swallow seeing another team beat the Cavs before the Finals, knowing what that could have meant for the C's as a #3 seed (or to a lesser extent as a healthy team).  Especially with Toronto looking so beatable in Round 1.

It will help me sleep at night seeing Atlanta get destroyed in Round 2.

You mean, like, what if the Celtics hadn't lost to the Lakers once and the Nets TWICE? ;)

Yeah, Boston could've gone further this season if they had just one more regular-season win, or if Bradley and Crowder and KO had stayed healthy, but even in a best-case scenario I can't imagine they would've advanced past the second round. It would've been great to see them go that far, but this season certainly wasn't a case of the Celtics getting robbed of a possible title shot.

As for the OP's question, I'm not "rooting for" either team, per sé, but I've never liked the idea of cheering for the team that beat my team, so I'm hoping the Hawks get destroyed.

And since a lot of people already consider LeBron to be an all-time great, if not the greatest, I don't much point in rooting against him.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2016, 03:56:06 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
If the Hawks beat Cleveland, it would make the Celtics' first-round exit seem more respectable to prospective free agents (*cough cough* Durant *cough*).

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2016, 03:58:55 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Yeah, Boston could've gone further this season if they had just one more regular-season win, or if Bradley and Crowder and KO had stayed healthy, but even in a best-case scenario I can't imagine they would've advanced past the second round. It would've been great to see them go that far, but this season certainly wasn't a case of the Celtics getting robbed of a possible title shot.

In a best case scenario you can't see a healthy Boston beating Charlotte, Toronto (who barely got out of Round 1), and Atlanta?

You need to drink some of my green kool-aid, man.  Drink up, don't worry, there's plenty for everyone.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 04:09:23 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2016, 04:09:03 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I always root against Cleveland and Lebron but the games are much more fun when there is a team that I really dislike vs as team I really like.  Atlanta doesn't really make me feel anything.  Kind of blah.

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 04:16:32 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Really just waiting for Draft Night...

BUT---How can Anyone root for the Cavs--?

They have some of the Biggest JERKS on that team

Mo Williams
Richard Jefferson
Iman Shumpert
LBJ (self proclaimed King--huge Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.---and QUITTER)
and the Biggest JERK in the NBA:
JR SMITH--!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.