8 (22.9%)
Route 3
16 (45.7%)
Route 4
6 (17.1%)
Route 5
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Which Route Would You Prefer the Most?  (Read 4312 times)

Re: Which Route Would You Prefer the Most?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 08:49:57 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think any scenario with a top free agent joining our first round exit one All Star team is pretty far fetched.

As far as plausible scenarios go, sign me up for the one where we get a top 2 pick, add some youngish pieces via trade / FA, and take another step toward contention with a clear future outlook: building around a homegrown star.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Which Route Would You Prefer the Most?
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 10:45:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
2, 4, 1, 3, 5

Really? Why so low on the third route, which seems to have the most talent by far.
Give up a lot and I don't think the end result is a very well constructed team.  I don't like Durant at PF or Butler at SF for long stretches, Horford scares me given his age.  Mickey and KO as the first 2 bigs off the bench seems like a real problem as well and relying on a mid-1st rounder for real minutes behind Butler is a problem.  Durant has been injured a lot lately, Horford is old, and Butler has logged a ton of minutes (and just missed 15 games).  There is absolutely no good depth on that team and playing guys out of their normal position just seems like a disaster in the making.

I could probably swap 3 and 1 as I thought they were fairly close, but 2 was the clear leader for me and 4 was the clear second option. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip