8 (22.9%)
Route 3
16 (45.7%)
Route 4
6 (17.1%)
Route 5
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Which Route Would You Prefer the Most?  (Read 4352 times)

Which Route Would You Prefer the Most?
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:56:07 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Route #1: Adding Griffin, Lopez, Durant

Rough Trade Framework -

Boston: Griffin, Lopez, Pierce

Los Angeles: Anthony, Crowder, Boston 2016 pick

New York: Amir, JJ, Olynyk, Rozier, Brooklyn 2016 pick, Dallas 2016 pick, Future non-Brooklyn pick (Memphis pick?)

(I think that's a pretty fair trade all around, assuming that New York would agree to tank and build around the Brooklyn pick and Porzingis, along with getting prospects in Olynyk and Rozier. Clippers also get pieces that better fit their current team - small ball PF in Anthony and cost-controlled two-way wing in Crowder, along with a slightly upgraded pick this year.)

Sign Durant to a max deal this offseason; Sign a backup center free agent (Biyombo?); Resign ET. Leaves our lineup looking like:

PG: Smart, IT (Prefer IT as 6th man with two major scoring options in Durant and Griffin)
SG: Bradley, Turner, Hunter
SF: Durant, Pierce, Young
PF: Griffin, Mickey
C: Lopez, Free Agent (Biyombo?)

Route # 2: Adding Cousins, Durant

Rough Trade Framework:

Boston - Cousins, Casspi

Sacramento - Amir, Crowder, Rozier, Brooklyn 2016 pick, Dallas 2016 pick

(If the Brooklyn pick is top-3, then I think this is a fair deal, as well. In addition to adding the two picks, they're getting two legit prospects to add to their core of WCS, Mcelmore, their 2016 pick, and the Brooklyn pick. They could start next year in their new arena with a solid core of Rozier, Mcelmore, Simmons/Ingram/Hield, Crowder, and WCS.)

Sign Durant to max deal this offseason; Resign Turner; Sign free agent backup forward (Teletovic,
Harkless, Hill?)
PG - Smart, IT
SG - Bradley, Turner
SF - Durant, Casspi, Free Agent?
PF - KO, JJ, Free Agent?
C - Cousins, Mickey

Route # 3: Sign Durant, Horford. Trade for Butler.

Sign Durant and Horford with cap space. (Means you deny contracts of Amir and JJ and don't resign Sully and Zeller). Resign Turner. Trade for Butler -

Boston: Crowder, Rozier, Young, Hunter, Brooklyn 2016 pick

Chicago: Butler

Leaves lineup looking like:

PG: Smart, IT
SG: Bradley, Turner
SF: Butler, Dallas/Boston pick or Free Agent
PF: Durant, Mickey
C: Horford, KO

Route # 4: Sign Durant, Horford/Whiteside, Make our Picks

Simply Sign Durant and Horford or Whiteside with cap space. (Means you deny contracts of Amir and JJ and don't resign Sully and Zeller). Resign Turner. Leaves lineup looking like:

PG: IT, Smart, Rozier
SF: Crowder, Dallas pick (Murray?), Young
PF: Durant, Mickey, Brooklyn pick (Bender?)
C: Horford/Whiteside, KO, Boston pick (Maker?)

Route # 5: No Major Signings, Make Our Picks, Youth Movement

I'd probably say 3, 2, 1, 4, 5 is my preference order-wise. What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:04:09 PM by jpotter33 »

Re: Which Route Would You Prefer the Most?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 08:01:58 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
3, 4, 2, 1, 5. I think.

In scenario 1, NY is getting way too much for Melo and being freed from Lopez's contract.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 08:03:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
3, 4, 2, 1, 5. I think.

In scenario 1, NY is getting way too much for Melo and being freed from Lopez's contract.

Yeah, I was up in the air about the second Brooklyn pick. Of course, you'll never appease everybody, so I erred on the side of caution and added it. It very well could just be the one Brooklyn pick, especially if it lands number one or two.

EDIT: I changed it to the Memphis pick, which I think makes it better.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 08:11:28 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Is there a way to do scenario 1 without getting Lopez? Would we have space to sign Horford in that scenario?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 09:05:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Is there a way to do scenario 1 without getting Lopez? Would we have space to sign Horford in that scenario?

I don't think so. You'd have to use AJ and JJ non-guaranteed contracts as filler to make the trade work, which wouldn't allow you to have cap space to sign both Durant and Horford. It might work with just a direct trade with us and LA, but I don't think they'd be all that interested without a third team involved.

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 09:08:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Rough Trade Framework -

New York: Amir, JJ, Olynyk, Rozier, Brooklyn 2016 pick, Dallas 2016 pick, Future non-Brooklyn pick (Memphis pick?)

(I think that's a pretty fair trade all around, assuming that New York would agree to tank and build around the Brooklyn pick and Porzingis, along with getting prospects in Olynyk and Rozier. Clippers also get pieces that better fit their current team - small ball PF in Anthony and cost-controlled two-way wing in Crowder, along with a slightly upgraded pick this year.)

Sign Durant to a max deal this offseason; Sign a backup center free agent (Biyombo?); Resign ET. Leaves our lineup looking like:

PG: Smart, IT (Prefer IT as 6th man with two major scoring options in Durant and Griffin)

Rough Trade Framework:

Boston - Cousins, Casspi

(If the Brooklyn pick is top-3, then I think this is a fair deal, as well. In addition to adding the two picks, they're getting two legit prospects to add to their core of WCS, Mcelmore, their 2016 pick, and the Brooklyn pick. They could start next year in their new arena with a solid core of Rozier, Mcelmore, Simmons/Ingram/Hield, Crowder, and WCS.)

Sign Durant to max deal this offseason; Resign Turner; Sign free agent backup forward (Teletovic,
Harkless, Hill?)
PG - Smart, IT
SG - Bradley, Turner
PF - KO, JJ, Free Agent?
C - Cousins, Mickey

Sign Durant and Horford with cap space. (Means you deny contracts of Amir and JJ and don't resign Sully and Zeller). Resign Turner. Trade for Butler -

Simply Sign Durant and Horford or Whiteside with cap space. (Means you deny contracts of Amir and JJ and don't resign Sully and Zeller). Resign Turner. Leaves lineup looking like:

Double check your math

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 09:08:34 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

I don't think so. You'd have to use AJ and JJ non-guaranteed contracts as filler to make the trade work, which wouldn't allow you to have cap space to sign both Durant and Horford. It might work with just a direct trade with us and LA, but I don't think they'd be all that interested without a third team involved.

I see. Nonetheless, great job on this! TP. I wonder what other people feel would be the best scenarios.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 09:12:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Rough Trade Framework -

Rough Trade Framework:

Boston - Cousins, Casspi

Harkless, Hill?)
PG - Smart, IT
SG - Bradley, Turner
PF - KO, JJ, Free Agent?
C - Cousins, Mickey

Double check your math

On which one? The only one that is close is option 3, and that could be solved by not resigning Turner, though I think it's still fine with Turner in the order that I have it.

The only other thing you could be talking about is option 1 with the trade. I put framework there because it doesn't work just like that, but it's almost impossible right now to complete more complicated trades like that on the NBA trade machine with all of the salaries still on there that won't count this summer. Some similar type of deal to what I have listed there could work this summer.

So which one were you talking about?

EDIT: You might have been talking about the other free agents that I have listed, e.g. Biyombo, Harkless, etc. I really just threw those out there as examples, but I think most of those would be out of our price range anyways. We also would probably have to use our exceptions anyways at that point, which goes beyond my salary cap knowledge.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 09:15:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Rough Trade Framework -

Rough Trade Framework:

Boston - Cousins, Casspi

Harkless, Hill?)
PG - Smart, IT
SG - Bradley, Turner
PF - KO, JJ, Free Agent?
C - Cousins, Mickey

Double check your math
Nevermind,

Looks like it adds up.

Trade 1 leaves us with:
Durant - 25 mil
Griffin - 20 mil
Robin Lopez - 13.2 mil
Pierce -  3.5 mil
Bradley - 8.2 mil
Thomas - 6.6 mil
Smart - 3.6 mil
Young - 1.8 mil
Mickey - 1.2 mil
Hunter - 1.2 mil

So about 84 mil... with the cap set at 92 mil, we'd probably be able to bring in Turner.   Interesting ideas. 

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 09:17:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Rough Trade Framework -

Rough Trade Framework:

Boston - Cousins, Casspi

Harkless, Hill?)
PG - Smart, IT
SG - Bradley, Turner
PF - KO, JJ, Free Agent?
C - Cousins, Mickey

Double check your math
Nevermind,

Looks like it adds up.

Trade 1 leaves us with:
Durant - 25 mil
Griffin - 20 mil
Robin Lopez - 13.2 mil
Pierce -  3.5 mil
Bradley - 8.2 mil
Thomas - 6.6 mil
Smart - 3.6 mil
Young - 1.8 mil
Mickey - 1.2 mil
Hunter - 1.2 mil

So about 84 mil... with the cap set at 92 mil, we'd probably be able to bring in Turner.   Interesting ideas.

What route do you prefer? You said in another thread that something like route 4 might be the best way to go. After seeing these other types of deals for stars, what do you think?

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 09:24:09 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Well ideally you get the number one pick in the draft, Get Ben Simmons, and just sign Horford which leads to Durant signing here.

I think Cousins would be better to have but I dont think Durant would want to be play with Cousins.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 09:25:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Give me Cousins!

Option #3 would give us the best team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 09:37:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 09:40:52 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I like #2 the best. Cousins is so awesome. Would love to get Blake, but I'd rather not try and pair him with non-shooting Lopez. The prospect of landing KD+Horford+Butler is awesome, but not if you have to play everyone up a position; I'd be way happier to give up AB instead of Crowder, start Butler at the 2 and shift everyone back to their natural position.

How about #6:
C's trade all 3 Nets picks including #1 to NOP for AD
Sign KD
Bring back Amir, JJ, Zeller

IT/Smart
AB/Smart
KD/Crowder
AD/JJ
Amir/Zeller

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 08:17:46 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
3, 1 ... 2 ... 4, 5